1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Lee-el : 90cm Dolls

May 2, 2013

1. Well the guys are for sale and they even have regular clothes for them. Arugh! Need to win the lottery or something...

2. madera: I'm gibbering in the corner with you. And eyeing my cc. It's cowering in fear.
      I signed up and asked them about lay away just now. Will let you know if I hear anything!

3. ... lottery would = new home with a "dedicated" doll room. no cats allowed! ... hells bells I'd give up a master suite to make it a doll room LOL... Barbies took over the guest room years ago (I swear the room glows pink at night >< ). But ya I actually would make a 'doll room' if I ever came into either money or a house of my own. Would any of you guys ever dedicate a room just to dolls?

4. Oh heck yes! Right now I have dolls in homemade display cases just about every room in the house; but to have a room all of their own where we could put up all their furniture and make a humongo house for them would be total happy dance day!!

5. Oh yeah, I drooled over the AoD boys when they first came out. :) But ... these guys are much nicer looking!
      I'm currently in the middle of a lay away for LumeDoll's Usil, so lay away for this guy would be a must.

Btw, they DO allow lay away! :dance
      http://www.lee-el.net/board/view.php?board_name=DREAMBOARD4&choose2=&choose1=&pagenow=1&CB=&ID=4

Now... I realized after sending them that question, that they currently only accept cash/check/bank transfer for payment.
      So... I just asked them if they'll be accepting Paypal soon. We'll see how that goes.

Doll Room? Yeah. I kind of have one. They are all lined up on shelves on one wall, in our second/spare bedroom. The computer is on a table on the wall opposite, and the third wall has a long table *ahem* covered in doll clothes and crap (and dolls)... :sweat The fourth wall is a tiny closet that holds drawers of doll clothes and shoes (and a horse).
      Is my Doll Room. No doll furniture though. No room! lol Too much fabric and stuff. It's a total pit, but it's my doll pit. I clean it up every once in a while, but then the next doll project comes out, and away goes the neat!

6. Whoa; they currently only accept cash/check/bank transfer for payment? Oh that is so not ever happening. ... Ok, if they came out with a 90 cm girl I'd be poking them in the email every single day asking when they were going to get PayPal. They's sign on just to shut me up. Still would love to have one of these guys; not to sure about that whole head tatoo thing. No a big fan of bald dolls. Do you think if you popped a silicon wig cap over the tat that it would pull the tat off when removed?

7. agree with you! he is just for hug! and more... i can take picture with him like un-weIrdly ;D

8. after looking at Alzad and Livan, are they the same mold ?

9. I got a response, and they say Paypal is already there...

So.... now we really begin to fear. Lay away + Paypal... deadly combination!

Livan comes without the head tattoo, you have to add it in the drop down menu when ordering. :) Same thing with Alzad's arm tattoo.
      *cough* Not that I'm enabling or anything, no, no, not I!

chinadoll - I had to go stare at them, flipping between two screens... you may be right!

10. aernath ... you do know you are evil right ^^ LOL. In fact I think you and your former Ranch boy Dex are to blame for my next purchases! At least I am safe for now (until my Iple mania abates) from these big guys ;p . BTW, any plans to go to 'dollism 2014'? I'd love for you to bring a new Lee-el with you :wiggle (yes this is my idea of a 'subtle' hint ^_^).

11. Dang. I'm doomed. Well, I would be doomed if I wouldn't be so adamant to stick to "no new big guys, LLT's Ludwig's gonna be the last one". (You really can't count a Volks SD13 as a "big" guy, can you? *gg*) Of course, if I decided that those Lee-el guys are actually large enough not to count as dolls anymore ...

12. Hmmm... "large enough not to count as dolls anymore..." I think you may be on to something there! Now who's the Enabler? ;)

Well, I thought I would update here a bit. Seems lay away can only be done by bank transfer. Paypal is only if you can pay in one lump sum. :(
      So, no Alzad for me.
      At least until I get another job... Hopefully by then he'll still be available.

13. Is it sad that I expected something with a lot more attention to detail (musculature, veins, more intricate joints, etc) with a doll this big? You have soooo much space to work with, yet the doll has baby-smooth (dare I say, girly?) calves and butt, almost like a really distorted child body with a man's chest. It actually gives me the creeps.

14. I suspect the price would then be even higher, and put them out of price-range for even more people. I'll take the less detail. Maybe later ones will have more detail. It took a while before companies started putting more than just a hint of a six-pack on their boys.

15. I doubt that more detail would have driven up the price. This is just the point at which the artist felt the doll was finished.

I think sometimes artists think a little too much of their own skill and overprice themselves. But that's just me. I try to be on the humble side myself as an artist and like to try to be more accessible to people price-wise. To me it's less about money and more about my pieces falling into the hands of the people who actually love them. But dolls aren't my medium.

As much as I LOOOVE tall dolls, I haven't bought one of these, Lume Doll's Usil or one of Dollmore's Trinity dolls because they all lack the detail and have too many little off-points for them to be worth more than twice as much than dolls that are 15cm shorter.

I'm extreeemly picky about bodies though. There is only 1 male bjd body out there that I don't have any complaints about and 3 others that have few enough flaws that I still love them without modification.

16. What I meant when I cited the lack of detail was the fact that this doll has a lot more than a hint of a six-pack. He even has veins, which in my mind would be a lot of work to sculpt (I'm not a sculptor and can't say for sure). The hands and feet are nicely detailed, but from the lower back all the way to his feet in back, he's perfectly smooth and has no musculature, like a Barbie. It's like the sculptor was bored by legs and just wanted to get them over with. It reminds me of manga or cartoons wherein all the characters wear the same shoes and pants since presumably no one likes drawing things that aren't boobs or faces.

17. Bahahahaha! Totally made me laugh! :XD:

I'm hoping the guitar and outfit(s) are sold separately! I'm slogging away on a lay away for Alzad.

18. oh you really have to get to dollism... I wanna see your guys :drool... hell I just wanna see some poor fool dragging around a 90 cm doll LOL... I hadn't realize you were getting one though... wonder where I missed that O_o...