1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

LeekeWorld DollLeeke D type 26cm discussion part 1

Aug 5, 2005

1. I got my Rhoswen a new outfit while waiting for August so I can order a Happy

[​IMG]

I finally got her a proper plantdoll style outfit

2. Sorry if this has been posted before, I looked and couldn't find anything. @@;

I'm just about to order a Leekeworld D - Honey

http://www.leekeworld.us/frontstore...d=leekeworld&level=yes&mother_catalog_num=560

I've never had anything smaller than an SD, and I've looked for a few days andam struggling to understand what other sizes would fit her nicely?

She's 26cm, and I was wondering if anyone had a Leekeworld of a similar size.

Do Bylthe/Petite Ai/Yo-SD/other sizes work well?

I can't seem to find clothing to have for her.

Edit: Prefurably not from a Korean website that I would have to pay a ton of shipping on each time I wanted a new outfit.

3. Hi! I have a Peanut and apart from being utterly gorgeous, posing brilliantly and looking exellent beside SD's...clothing can be a teensy problem. I have found that smaller porcelain doll clothes fit the D just fine, (you can get them really cheap at charity shops/bootsales etc), and really small cabbage patch doll dresses. The odd Bratz thing might fit, I got a coat and it fits Peanut really well- so some Bratz (bigger ones obviously) will possibly fit. I do make a lot of Peanut's clothing mysel.

Yo-sd should fit, I haven't personally bought any, but I probably will and I expect them to fit well cus they're very similar.

4. Tons of clothes fit this size! Not Blythe, though. Yo-SD, of course, then most all of the Ann Estelle/Bitty Bethany (check e-bay) size clothing should fit. Possibly shoes as well, I don't have Leeke, so not sure about shoes. Also Boneka makes a line of clothing that fit the 10-12 inch dolls. Happy shopping!

5. I love Leeke "D" and have both 1st (26cm) and 2nd (28cm) versions but I prefer the 1st version as to me it's much cuter.

Just for your info tho Leeke D is a tad chubbier than Yo so not all Yo clothes will fit. Also Ann Estelle and Bitty Bethany clothes are a bit loose and long on Leeke D (1st version ie 26cm) but they look cute on her nevertheless.

6. Do the leeke d's have a torso joint?

Marianna

7. Nope, it's a one-piece torso.
      It looks like the 3rd version will be the same as well, but it'll have extra joints at the elbows etc.

8. I have a question... What is their shoe size. As everytime I go onto leeke the shoes I want are sold out. I was wondering if I could get them elsewhere.

TIA

Marianna

9. I wish that Leeke bodies had torso joints too :(
      I adore my Leeke girl's face, but her body gives me a headache...

Leeke dolls can wear YoSD-sized shoes :)

10. Has anyone ever put a Leeke D head on another body? I love their faces, but their bodies seem very big for their heads and out of proportion to me. Any pics?

11. Sweet was my first bjd (only available in the 1st body back then). I love her chubbiness. Though at times she can be a bit hard to pose. Had thought about putting her on a Littlefee body but the resin match was terrible. She's my first and I guess she will stay just the way she is!

I think the third version body is the taller version only but I'm not positive on that. Anybody know for sure? I would be very happy if they could add in double joints at the elbow and knee for the first body at the least.

As for clothing, there are lots of wonderful seamstresses here that can do great outfits. I do mostly knitted outfits but have sewn a few for my Isabella. See my signature.

12. They fitted on the older Bambicrony jointed bodies quite well, that's how I got one of my first dolls....Leeke Sweet head on a BC body. The Leeke head is a touch paler than the BC body but the result is quite cute...can't speak for the newer BC resin though....I think it may be a better match as it seems pinker in tone.

[​IMG]

13. Thanks for the help! BC was one of the ones I was thinking about. Has anyone tried a DollnDoll Heart body?

Calliope, I didn't know LittleFee bodies were sold separately. Where can I find one?

14. Really? I'm planning on a BC body for my Leeke-D Vanilla. Did you get the Sweet head in NS and the BC body in peach puff?

I wish for my girl to be more poseable. Sigh

Mimi*Fee : The bodies are not sold separately by fairyland but you can check out the marketplace here if there are anyone selling the littlefee bodies. :)

15. I adopted her from Tinybear as a Leeke/BC hybrid a few years ago. The BC body in question is an older style jointed torso from one of the Elf releases (it has magnets in the back) and has a golden/yellow tinge to the resin.
      The Leeke Sweet head is also an Elf one and is slightly paler and pinker than the BC body I have but not in a noticable way.

From what I've seen the new 'Peach Puff' BC resin is paler and pinker than the older resin and so would probably be a much better match for a Leeke head.

At the end of the day resin batches are going to vary even within companies themselves, minor differences can be blushed to match, sealants like MSC and Testor's Dullcote will slightly alter tone depending on how many layers you put on, but what matters in the end is whether or not it's something you can live with....do you mind a very slight difference or will it bother you??

16. They ran a good $50 head event yesterday. Too broke at the moment, but I was tempted to get a head. Wonder if they will release the elves at any point in the future. With my luck I will be broke for that too LOL!

17. Do you think the Leeke resin will match a Luts Honey Delf body? Has anybody done that before?

18. Pokebattles: I remember Blodeuwedd's doll. Tinybear and I ordered the heads and bodies around the same time. The resin matching is close enough. I remember it being mentioned the peach puff skin isn't as good a resin match I thought it was too dark.

My Rhoswen has the old Bambicrony elf body but resin match can always be hidden by clothing.

[​IMG]

19. Awe, Aree! Your Rhoswen is too cute. She really seems to fit on the body. *blink* Is that a Mee-Chan plushy (from Greggia Pullip)? I have one too :).

20. Aah!! Thank you AreeElf,
      I knew someone else had a Leeke/BC hybrid as I'd seen that picture before but I just couldn't remember who it was!! Rhoswen is such a cutie :D

I don't know if anyone has tried the 27cm Planetdoll Riz body (they don't sell it separately as far as I know) with a Leeke D head but I do know the resin match for the larger Planetdoll bodies and Leeke heads was seemingly quite good. I pmd a person who mentioned they'd got one of the msd size bodies for the head they had to find out and they said it looked quite good.

Probably because I got her on a more posable body to begin with I'm not very taken with Leeke's own bodies and have pretty much been looking off and on for something for her that's affordable. She still uses the BC body every so often as she's sharing it with a BC Kumi head but most of the time she sits in a box.

I know they have their own style but they could do with making them a bit more posable with nicer hands especially given the stiff competition they're up against nowadays!