1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

LeekeWorld DollLeeke D type 26cm discussion part 1

Aug 5, 2005

1. She's awesome, Mint is such a cutie!!

2. I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have a Tiny Sculpt head that has no faceup and was wanting to see what other people have done for faceups. But.....finding any pics is darn difficult. Does anyone here have any Tiny's with a faceup that they could show me?

Thanks

3. Oh that would be a tough thing to search for! And I though searching for Sweet was hard >_<
      I'm not sure that there are too many Tinys around, sadly and I can't help you out there. Hopefully someone will bust out some pics soon!

4. This is a pic of my Honey. She has a custom face-up by a Spanish face-up artist.

[​IMG]
      Cutie Poppy! by WennieBJD, on Flickr

5. OOOh, does that mean she is a rare doll????0.0.....LOL

I hope someone can help, when trying to find pictures, it is very hard with a name like Tiny.....sheesh....I wish they had used a more odd name.

6. Hello? Is anyone here? xD

Now that Leeke has opened pre-orders for the D-type, I'm hoping I can finally snag myself a Tiny! I adore that little face, but was wondering which body is my best bet to go for? Since I've always thought of Tiny as a more mature-looking girl, I was thinking the Gentle Volume body, but would like to hear from anyone with experience! :)

7. They're not doing a very good job of advertising the D-type preorders, are they? Not even a little front page picture. Poor d-types.
      Here is a picture of Tiny on a Volume body http://www.flickr.com/photos/ollipoppies/10951948584/

I'm thinking of getting a Gentle Flat body for my Mint but I kind of like that she is so short on the little type 3(?) body she's on now. We'll see.

8. Do the Gentle bodies pose better? :) Thank you for that picture link!

9. I think so. I have my Mingky on a Gentle body and it might just be better stringing but she can actually stand, point and hold a pose. The other body I have just kind of crumples into a half foetal, half swaricco position most days. I really should restring her, I guess cos she was my first doll I'd never really though to do that to her when I was new in the hobby and as the years have gone by, she's just been happy being grumpy on the shelf XD.

10. I'm actually wondering if you'd be able to put one of the D heads on the new B-Type body... o_o;

11. Even though I know it's just a scaled down version of an A-type, I can't help but feel it's so much more in proportion! I don't see why a D-head wouldn't go on it... I guess it'd be kind of like a mini Mikhaila (100% sure I've misspelled that) but I'd still love to see it in a line up with the rest of the Leeke bodies to get a better sense of if it would work, yanno?
      Were you thinking any particular head, Banders?

12. Hm, wasn't thinking of any head in particular, I was just wondering if it would work~ Big bobbleheads just aren't my thing ^^;
      I asked them, but they said they hadn't tried it and had no pictures and only sold the body+head together :< Phoo...

13. Yay! I got an email today that the Gentle Volume body I ordered in November has shipped! I can't wait for my Soda head to have her new bod! Now I just have to worry about clothes!

14. Well, I received my Gentle. Volume body and thought it was too light. Then I ordered another soda from the Bay who is a white skin. Low and behold, my new body is the same color so I am thinking they shipped me white skin instead of normal. So still no body for my girl. Has any one done a hybrid that they liked?

15. Mine probably won't help you very much, I have him on a FL LTF body. But he's old, from early 2009, back when they had a resin color almost the same as FL. Now it might not be the best match. Proportionately I love it, and the LTF body is the best posing body I've ever owned. I had to put a Kip in the neck, but other than that it didn't need anything to make it work.

16. Actually that may help. I think it is an older head, probably at least three years old. I have a Fairyland doll of another size and sculpt arriving soon and it may be enough for me to see how the colors match. Do you have a picture of yours so that I can see the proportions?

17. Oh I have a lot of photos of him. I don't have anything really new, but something might help...

He's a Bebe btw

[​IMG]

18. VampireAngel13 he looks great! The color match doesn't have to be perfect, it is not on her current body. But I like the proportions of the Littlefee body much better. Here she is now:

[​IMG]

19. She is so cute! Her face up is so pretty X3
      Yeah I love the LTF body. I had the type 1 a million years ago, and a friend let me try her LTF out and I was so in love with it I put a WTB up that night! He's been on this body for about four years now I guess. If resin match isn't a huge concern I'd say go for it. Though a new LTF might match pretty well....they aren't as dark as they used to be either.

20. Thank you! I love her face up too. And I have tried to work with the current body by keeping her hair close to her head and dressing her in clothes to give the body volume but I still don't like the proportions. I don't have the money to buy a body now but I can be on the lookout for one. And BTW, DDE has some basic dolls in stock. I would need to sell the head then but that is a possibility. Thanks for the input!