1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Leekeworld [Limited Edition] Juwel and Croom Ent discussion

Apr 21, 2011

1. The fairy/mermaid B* doll bits was my first thought, too.

In fairness, though, the people who collect B* dolls are a bigger demographic than we are, perhaps it will bring more people into the hobby? <--- *still trying to find an upside*

2. Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed too. I was expecting a tan, exotic looking girl with an intricate costume and instead it's just this kind of generic faced WS girl with plastic-looking clothes. Gotta keep in mind though that it's just a teaser, and there's tons of options there for her. Maybe this is just the tip of the iceberg or something? Tan skin might save her. On the other hand though I'm kind of relieved! I paid a lot on dolls last month and had four girls come in over a two week period, so I was thinking to step back for a while from dolly buying. Juwel isn't grabbing me like I thought she would, so perhaps my wallet is spared.

3. I was expecting something a little more edgy and darker looking. =__= The resin fantasy parts could probably do with creative blushing, but the face sculpt itself completely disappoints me.

4. It's very possible that there will be more options for her, though -- the last couple LEs they released came in multiple skin tones, and the little ents' twig parts came in more than one color and they had different blushing options. It's hard from the teaser pic to really tell what exactly is being offered with her. No matter what, I'm safe -- I love the idea, but dolls with lots of fantasy parts don't really fit into my group well. The little ents almost got me, but I ended up passing on them too. However, if a fantasy doll where to finally catch me in it's resiny grip, it would probably be a Leeke. I am looking forward to seeing more pics of her though, she definitely has me curious.

5. I'm still hoping for an extra edge too. I'm super disappointed because I fully intended to get her... oh well. More money for other dolls I suppose.

6. I think they will probably offer her in the tanned skin. She could look different in that. Her body looks like a different sculpt.

7. Well keep in mind also that the little ent had like 10 different head options so maybe this isnt the ONLY head that will be available

8. keep the hope alive nocture!

9. That's for sure... I'm hoping for some epic heads... and her in MSD size... and a sexy body... *fingers crossed* Hurrrryyyy and show more pictures Leeke!

10. I'm glad I'm not the only one...slightly disappointed so far by her appearance. It isn't very intriguing to me at all. I'm hoping for the best though, with head options etc :3

11. Gah, I am so sad and so disappointed too. I was actually saving money for her (and that's a very difficult feat for me). She just looks like a regular girl and not as mature as the conceptual images put her to be. No skin color selection (so far?) either. :evil:

And it looks like she has a plastic Halloween costume on :? I also don't understand the shell for a genital cover when she obviously lives in a forest...at least according to the theme they're following. Hopefully Armor 2 will be totally different.

12. I was too nbluju...it is super hard to save!!! <3

the concept sketches are super different from what they did. I was hoping for a girl with a mature, stern face...weird colored resin and a dreadlock wig of sorts. She looks like a barbie doll frankly. Yeah, the parts look like cheap plastic. Ugh. haha. I hope she improves with more pictures ):

13. Agreed... I've never seen a concept sketch SO different from the actual product... like seriously... did they just find a picture some where but not even look at it to make the doll? Makes no sense... x-x

14. So far, the preview picture isn't selling her to me at all. The drawings are so amazing though! Ugh!
      I was also hoping that she wouldn't be released until July so I could save more while paying off the Kiel Ent. We'll see when more pictures are up though.

15. I have to agree with everybody, I am disappointed. I kept an eye on her ever since Leeke released concept art and was very excited to see what will be produced. From the teaser, however, I am very much safe from her. She doesn't grab me and doesn't match the concept art at all, in my opinion. And, I agree with previous posters, her fantasy parts look very pastic-y and make her look like a toy, not art.

I will reserve final judgement until all the pictures are posted, but I am not hoping for much.

16. Yep. Desperately wanted her to look the color concept art. She would need a ... LONGER, for lack of a better word, face, and presumably thinner as well. I do think that photo of the actual doll is really a sad choice of angles for that particular doll -- she looks almost PUDGY in it. What I would look like if I tried to dress up like a tree ;). Kinda sad...

But with any luck that's just the angle and not the actual doll?

17. *huggles to all who loved the concept art* ):

18. still can't wait till her full release; I really hope they have more head options for her! I noticed too, she looks like she has wider hips than Leekes regular girl body. But her thighs look too thin.

It'd be sweet if she had a "thicker" thigh option. Here is what my dream option would be like: "chicken legs"=slim, awkwardly bow-legged thighs, "amazonian"=strong, athletic, Yoruichi type thighs, and "Beyonce"=Beyonce type thighs. I'd go for the Beyonce.

I'd like to see Leeke revisit this concept or another company attempt Leeke's art concept (like Iplehouse! that'd be sweet!).
      :D

19. Juwel Ent concept art = OMG AWESOME!!! : D Epic!
      Juwel Ent teaser picture = Omg D: Fail! Urgh! I really hope that she looks better from different angels... :c

Looking forward to the official release... But so far I'm disappointed :c

20. From her facial features she looks like she could be Volk's Emma's sister. I think she's cute. And I like the hands.