1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Leekeworld [Limited Edition] Kiel Ent discussion

Apr 20, 2011

1. You definitely aren't the only one, elsii x_x

The little girls are ADORABLE. I would be picking one up in a heartbeat if I didn't have Amphibel on layaway. I -know- that I am totally dead when the big girl comes out though. I am such a sucker for unusual fantasy dolls. Urgh. I guess I need to start saving...

2. Yeah I am a bit torn as well here, to wait for the possible big girl or get the tinys? If she looks half as amazing as that drawing I know I'll be in trouble, but these tinies are so adorable.
      Is it tomorrow yet? :lol:

3. Please smack me. I believe my maths is failing. :(

I wonder what time they will put up the pictures?

4. I wish they had chosen a diferent name. The Ent were Tolkien tree creations ... Not sure if they would be lending their name to dolls

They are very cute though but the name irritates me

5. OMG... these little ones are so cute! :D I admit it, I freaked out.

Can't wait to see more pictures. Why do LEs I love have to be released when I'm saving for other dolls?!

6. I like the new body, but not so much into the fantasy parts. I hope they offer this new "gentle body" as an option in the future.

7. Oh! I thought those were from World of Warcraft... in Crystalsong Forest there were Unbound Ents or something... and a couple more types of Ents... they're walking trees ^^

8. I kind of figured it was a tribute type thing. Just my inital thoughts.

9. Perhaps I'm wrong but I don't think Tolkien created "ents" in that they were already mythical creatures, that he just happened to use in his stories, like elves. *goes to do a google search*

Edit: After a quick search, the term "ent" and how it's used is a Tolkien thing, but tree spirits or tree like creatures aren't anything new.

10. Oh it had completely escaped my notice that they have a completely new body! I was distracted by all the shiny colours xD
      It looks really nice, more clearly feminine than a lot of other bodies this size. Although it is a little odd with the childish face and breasts like that its not like they have enormous boobs anyway.

About the ent thing: the wikipedia entry says Tolkien created ents, unless im misunderstanding it.

11. No Ents are actual Mythological creatures based on a family of treants used in various works of fantasy and mythical games just like elves... from wikipedia that you may have forgot or not read- The word "Ent" was taken from the Anglo-Saxon (Old English) word ent, meaning "giant". Tolkien borrowed the word from the Anglo-Saxon phrases orþanc enta geweorc = "work of cunning giants" [1] and eald enta geweorc = "old work of giants" (describing Roman ruins). [2] In this sense, Ents are probably the most ubiquitous of all creatures in fantasy and folklore, perhaps second only to dragons; for the word can refer to a variety of large, roughly humanoid creatures, such as giants, trolls, orcs, or even the monster Grendel from the poem Beowulf. Along with Old Norse jtunn (Jötunn), "ent" came from Common Germanic *etunaz.

Tolkien was aware of the word because he was a linguist.

12. The basic doll alone costs $290. If you want to add a wig, your total becomes $320. (The wig costs $30.00.)

EDIT: Whoops, someone got to it before me. Never mind. >_<

13. Yes, Tolkien generated Ents. He also generated Orcs, are we going to go after all the Orcs out there in the media as well? Other people have used Ent since, along with Orc. :) I really prefer to enjoy the doll than go microscopically looking for controversy for the sake of it, but that's just me...

I am not really uncomfortable with the 'budding' on the body, as this would obviously be an ageless fairy creature versus a child I'd be using in a storyline to go to school. And I'm also dying to see all the head options, with three limited heads, argh! My brain explodes a little. Plus the two 'tree horn' options, for lack of better terminology...

.hlp

14. Or, much more civilly, how you've put it. :sweat Thanks! :D

.hlp

15. Thanks for the heads up on the price guys! I suppose I'm just used to the prices for the parts being individually listed... :sweat

16. Actually Tolkien took the word Orc- a old english work Ork meaning (from 7th century word) "young pig". Also, in anglo-saxon word meaning "Evil being or demon" derived from the demon Orcus/Orcis. Orks was also refered to in the poem Beowolf written way before Tolkien and translated by monks

17. I cannot wait to see more pictures. The new body looks interesting, too. I love the jewel colors!

18. :o I just knew Leeke would get me this year, doing their new Fantasy Project dolls! They have Pumpkin head as an option :aheartbea. I have always wanted a snow skin Pumpkin, but never really bought one because of the old body. Now Leeke did everything I desired for: new body (cute budding breast :)), snow skin, fairy wings etc.
      Have you noticed the other girls in the background of the 1st pic?! Can't wait to see more.

19. What? How could I not notice the others in the background? I'm sure that image was blank before..... Or Leeke is messing with my head.

20. Yes I noticed the other fairy girls as well in the background.