1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Leekeworld Mikhaila discussion part 3

Jul 5, 2012

1. Hello everybody ^___^

Just thought that I'd stuff in here for now. I got my hybrid girl ready a short while ago and I'd like to share her with you all~

I really love art body and this is actually a second time I've had it :'D but last time she was purerose skin and I personally didn't like the way previous owner had modded poor Mikhaila's face :'C so after a ... year? I finally got my long desired Art Body back in NORMAL SKIN and decided that my Dollmore Sona head will fit in to it perfectly ; 3 Head was a little bit too light so I blushed it a little bit more yellow and now it fits perfectly not only in neck/measurements but also in skintone ^___^

[​IMG]

2. Cute! that hybrid works really well :)

3. She looks really cute.

4. Such an adorable hybrid!

5. so cute!:fangirl:

6. Thank you everyone : ) <3 It's nice to hear that she's successful hybrid ^__^

Which reminds me, has any of sueded your artbody/mikhaila girls? If so have you used what sort of sueding? Hot Glue? Pliver? I'm currently wondering which would work better for her U___U Her ankles are so stubborn and I kinda don't like the fact that her knees are either straight or the she's completely sitting pose... : / I'd like to make her stand a bit more elegantly : 3

7. I sueded mine with hot glue but the best result i get true replace her elastick with a new one. Now she is not that kicky as before.

If you want the legs in natural poses then maybe some wirring can help.

8. Thanks, DajmDumle, I'll consider the hot glue then (that I actually have in my closets x'D) and I'll give some serious consideration for the wiring ^^ (I've never done that 'tho... Luckily the previous owner has re-stringed her to a too large elastics so I'll have to restring her anyway x') )

[​IMG]

Some photospam, because I actually made Sointu a new jacket~ (it could use some ironing 'tho)

9. Oh my, what a fabulous outfit!

10. Oh my goodness Maaru, she is so adorble! The short hair complements the stature of the doll so well.

11. I keep boots on mine to help them stand I find they are just hopeless with shoes on, I do get annoyed with their legs popping out but love them so much that I have three

12. My Mikhaila makes me smile every time I see her. I just wish they didn't put the black in the centre of her mouth. But even with it, I feel so lucky to have her. I have always just LOVED that face!!!
      [​IMG]

Oh!! I forgot!!!! My Valentina arrived the other week and I finally got to see Mikhaila and Valentina next to each other. They are definitely NOT going to make good best friends. The head size difference is a bit too dramatic to work out. Oddly, Mikhaila always struck me as being good proportion to her head and just having a chunky bottom half that I quietly relate to (hahaha) but Valentina looks like excellent proportions too. That head really suits the body. It also makes the body look bigger!! I had to check 3 or 4 times that the bodies were the same size before I fully believed it. I love them both, and they are both SO different!!

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2897/14032054148_58b5f86d5a.jpg

13. Omygosh enchantedlily, I can't get over how different the body looks!

Still kicking myself for not getting a Valentina - she's so pretty.

14. Good grief her head is huge! I thought for a bit that they were like Pullip in style, but the looks shockingly well proportioned. Very pretty.

15. Enchantedlily your girls are so pretty. My poor Amelia is still in the box. I don't want to get rid of her but I need to give her a new lease of life! I think lack of decent clothes is the problem.

16. Oooh!! I agree totally. Clothes are a bugger to find!! I just cant work out how to give my girls the personality I have in mind.

Speaking of my girls - they have changed since I was last in here :P
      Valentina captured the heart of a dear friend of mine, so she moved to live with her. I think I'll get another one day, as her proportions were fantastic.

BUT I have TWO Mikhaila's now!! I had a dream of having two sisters, but they have such different looks to them they don't really compliment each other too well. How could I part with either though???

[​IMG]

17. I do think they contrast each other beautifully though. How about cousins rather than sisters?

18. Cousins could work. I have all of a sudden been tempted to get my tan girl customised because I am blown away by her cousin's custom faceup. I am so rubbish with custom faceup ideas though. I never know what I want, I just know I want it to look awesome :P

19. Your tan girls is gorgeous. I love the extra blush on the second tan release. I know what you mean, I just want to say 'please make her look awesome' and leave all the other decisions up to the mark up artist!

20. Just wondering... does anyone have any suggestions about shoes for these girls? I can't seem to find anything that is close to the right size...