1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Lies you tell yourself about BJD

Apr 24, 2021

1. ”I don’t need the next doll from Fairyland”
      and
      “My girls have enough dresses”
      and
      “I will learn how to make wigs or shoes this year”
      and none of this is true :doh

2. "They're just dolls, collectible and cute and I can practice fashion on them. I won't start thinking weird anthropological nonsense about them."
      Talk about self deception.

"They're just dolls" until you turn away to sew something then turn back to find the doll looking absolutely bored silly from being made to sit for fitting after fitting. It was the lighting, I swear!

"They're just dolls" until you realized room temp and humidity can affect the strings and the one snarky devil has actually changed his position and now looks very mocking of your delusions.

They're just dolls and they play with US.

3. so true! lol

4. "I'll be so happy if I just get this last one"
      "My collection is complete and I am satisfied with everything I have, I have achieved doll nirvana"
      (Literally am looking at getting another SD after I just bought one last month :,)

5. That I don't need such and such doll. CD
      Every time I see a doll I fall in love with at first sight has pretty much managed to come home.

6. "I only need one."

7. I don't need anymore than 3 (already gone over)
      I won't spend more than 1000 (already going to for my grail if she pops up)
      I won't go smaller than 1/3 (my newest is 1/4) :mwahaha

8. "It will be just this one doll this year..." (looking at my 2 dolls on order from companies, plus 3 secondhand purchases...)

9. SDs are too big for me..........

10. "my first and last doll uwu"

then "ok this is the last one"

.... TTuTT

11. Honestly... At the moment, it's that I'll get back into the hobby "sometime soon". I'm sad about it, but I feel like I've moved on from the hobby... I hope I'm wrong. I'm just so busy and no one around me is into it. But I'm trying to get back into it, so.

12. "I'll never sell my first doll"
      "I won't buy any dolls more than $300"
      "My dolls will only have one outfit each"
      "I'll never get anything bigger than 60cm"
      "My dolls will be display items only"
      "I'll never heavily mod a sculpt"
      "Boy dolls only" (I was like 16 and still going through my anti girly girl phase lol. I guess I associated girl dolls with like, Barbies or smth?:roll:)
      Needless to say, I broke every one of these rules pretty quickly. I *might* be a little bad about keeping promises to myself. :lol:

13. "I don't need another _______ from FL"
      "I'm gonna finish (insert unfinished doll here) before I order anyone new"
      "This is it, I'm gonna try doing my own face-ups
      "I don't need a body for every head/faceplate. They can totally share!"

14. "I’m only going to get these few BJD’s for these ships, I can’t really think of any others i really want/ need"
      "I'l have this one customized by the time the next one arrives."

15. "No Yo-SD sized dolls." I have only one, but she was an orphan! Comi Baby Doll Misa, unadopted from the Resin Rose convention for two years! She's the only doll of this size that I've even remotely considered adopting.

"No elves." I have four, plus a human who thinks he's an elf. Go figure!

Linda S.
      galatia9

16. “Every doll is unique so there shouldn’t be twins (more than one in the same head sculpt) in my house” I have 6 soom river, 2 Volks oscar/ 3 beth/ 2 frere and lots more…

“I wouldn’t spend that much of money on clothing for dolls” Their clothing are more expensive than mines :)

“I am gonna take some photos for my dolls this year”

“I will not buy more unless its on my dream list” Technically not a lie if I have added all the dolls I bought onto my dream list before I bought them:eusa_naug

17. Aging and yellowing isn't a thing...any doll I purchase will stay perfect forever!

18. "I'm sure I will make things for my dolls with this $1500-worth-pile of crafting supplies" :sweat

"This is the last clothing piece I buy for them and then I only sew clothes by myself"

"I can squeeze another doll box in there somewhere without throwing away something else to make room for said box"

"Someday I will be FULLY satisfied with my doll collection"

19. -'I'll start with an MSD so it's a middle ground', nope started with an SD
      -'I'll buy dolls that fit my story', I did that for a while.. but then the doll group's story splintered off
      -'I can't buy a doll till the others have clothes' My boys had to share a single pair of pants for months before they both got clothing.
      - 'I don't have a Grail doll' .... I now have two,
      -'I'll mainly collect girl dolls' I only have two girl dolls and if my wishlist is bought I'll have four boy dolls.
      -'I'll buy this Dolfie Dream head and buy her a body!' she is still without a body eight years later.
      -"I'll buy an MDS one day!' I've never bought one, they're cute, but I love my big dolls.

20. Like many others I have this:

-I will not add anymore to my wishlist..

Came back from my hiatus and added 5 more to my list already containing 11+ and for the past 4 days I've been trying to fall OUT of love with yet another one.

Bonus "Lies I tell others": It's an investment XD