1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Lies you tell yourself about BJD

Apr 24, 2021

1. "Three is enough" - "My crew is complete" - "No new dolls before each that I have has a complete look". Lies people, big, big lies! :cool:

2. "My collection is complete!"
      "I'm not really into Volks dolls."
      "I only collect mature dolls."
      "I'm not getting any more 1/4 scale dolls."
      LIES. ALL LIES. :doh

3. "I have one doll, that's enough for me."

"They came with an outfit, they don't need more clothes."

4. "I'll only buy one, and just sculpt my own dolls then"

"I can probably make their clothes, it's gonna be fine."

Already planning the next purchase(s). :|

5. Past me:
      "I will never buy a doll taller than 42cm."
      "I will stick to just one doll."
      "No hybrids for me because I do not want to gamble for size / color mismatch."

Current me:
      *looking at two 42cm dolls, one tiny, and three adult dolls ranging from 60cm to 70cm (with two of them hybrids)*

"Famous last words." :eusa_sile:blush

#205 Darkness Fatale, Jun 2, 2023
      Last edited: Sep 2, 2023
    6. Why would I buy a head? Then I'd have to fuss and stress over finding a body to fit it. Full dolls only!

I now have a gorgeous head sitting in an open box staring at me as we wait for news that his body shipped.

7. I said to myself a few years ago I’d stop at 12 and I didn’t! I tried to get better about not buying as many floating heads and then I ended up buying bodies instead and for some reason I found having spare bodies more stressful than floating heads :XD:

8. "Just one doll." But he needed a friend.
      "Okay, two 1/3 sized dolls - a boy and a girl - to be my art models." I have four boys and two girls at 1/3 size.
      "I don't want any dolls smaller than 1/3!" Found out I prefer MSD size. Currently at three.
      "Only one more doll, an IOS Cho, and then no more bjds for a long time." True so far since I didn't buy him, and I did go nine whole years without buying any bjds, just the occasional doll-sized prop at the store.
      "I wish I could justify buying an anthro doll, but I'll never find one that I could make into Jack." Birdcube Lipu/Lapin head hanging out on my desk while his milliput ear modifications dry. Speaking of which...
      "I'm too scared to tan, hybrid, or modify my dolls." GIANT lie. I've sanded down, sculpted onto, done my own faceups (with improvements over time), tanned a Senior Delf, removed nearly a centimeter of a too long neck, Jaeda's a hybrid, Jack will be a hybrid,etc.
      "It'll probably take ages to find a doll for Sally. And who knows when I'll be able to afford/buy her?" Found rap1993 Danni v2 in almond skin, fell in love, worked my butt off and had the funds in five weeks. Was lucky enough to order her this past weekend. Zero regrets.

9. "Now that I'm back in the hobby, I'll take my time curating the dolls I want" :thumbup
      :chomp: *speed-runs wishlist* :chomp:
      At least I'm done now, right? :abambi: RIGHT?! :frownyblush:

10. "I'll leave this faceup alone from now on" for sure :eusa_pray

11. "My doll does not need an SO!!!!"

12. "I'm going to take this really slow."
      "I'm going to make all my doll's clothes. I don't need to buy clothes."

13. "I don't like anything smaller than 1/3."
      Bought a 1/4 doll.

"75cm is too muscular and too big."
      Has a 70cm+ doll on my wishlist.

"He doesn't come with shoes or a face up. Or eyes. So I automatically don't want him."
      Has one on a layaway.

"I'm done now. I'm just gonna wait for my dolls to come home and appreciate them when they arrive."
      Adds just one more doll to my wishlist.

"I could probably learn how to make this myself. How hard could it be?"
      A dozen misshapen sticks later: add to cart.

Gee, I sure wonder why my wallet is crying right now.

14. "why would I ever buy accessories."

Way too much money later....

15. "I can diy everything, even the shoes"

I tried, I failed, I superglued my fingers together, and went the *add to cart* route very quickly.

16. Oof, I am guilty of so many xD

-One doll is enough
      -73cm isn't that big for a doll
      -I will never sell, or trade, my first doll
      -My dolls are good with one outfit each
      -I'll never order a doll with a long wait again
      -My other hobbies won't get sidelined for my bjd
      -I'll never spend what I do for my own clothes on doll clothes

I'm sure there are many more but these really stick out lol

17. "I can totally do a face up on a humanoid doll! It'll be fun!"

It has not been fun. While a more experienced friend has been giving me encouragement, I recognize that I'm still in the bad stages and have been making a lot of mistakes. So I ended up ordering another head with faceup and am opting to keep this one as a crash test head of sorts.

18. I always tell myself this is my last doll, and then I buy again and again, I can't stop-:))

19. "i dont like anime style dolls!"
      now has 2 puyoo doll kumakos on layaway and 1 head ordered....

20. I thought I would stop collecting after 1 or 2 dolls, but soon went pass that really fast and have a large collection. I thought I only would get bjds that look similar to bisque dolls. I now have dolls that are stylized, look like bisque dolls, and look realistic. I thought i would only get white or normal skin dolls, but mainly buy fantasty color dolls or tan color dolls. Now I'm looking for a darker shade. I never planned to sell my dolls, but I am currently selling some because I have so many and need the space. I told myself only full set dolls that have face up options, but i have so many floating blank heads.