1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Lies you tell yourself about BJD

Apr 24, 2021

1. No character doll, I don't see the point, how boring it would be (today my absolute favourite dolls are from mdzs/the untamed)

only MSD! (I have also one SD, one yo-sd, and a few mature tinies)

no more than five! (I have... definitely more than five XD)

This doll isn't what I hoped it'd be, but I can make it work! (several face-up and a dye job later, I just hate the doll in question in spite of my efforts, and I'm trying to get rid of her but she's ugly and badly engineered, so my hopes are low...)

2. "I'm happy with how my first doll looks and fits in with my other dolls" (I'm now reshelling her because she really doesn't fit.)

"I definitely enjoy SDs and up better than MSDs!" (I decidedly do not, and am now stuck with a couple big dolls I need to get to new homes)

"No more dolls until I've finished my own head sculpts! I will only buy bodies intended for those heads!" (I have two full dolls on the way now)

...and so on and so forth, haha

3. ''I'm going to stop buying more heads'' , I literally pre-ordered one a month ago and am about to order another.
      If I do, then I will have a total of 6 floating heads :sigh

4. "I will buy no more dolls or heads until I have bodies for all my floating heads!"
      Big, big lie. :sweat

5. I'll stop buying wigs.... ok I need that one. But that's the last one. I wonder what she'd look like as a red head? Monique is having a going out of business sale so the prices are reduced, surely that doesn't count. Oh my gosh a realistic looking Gibson girl style... and on it goes, never ending.

6. I told myself the exact same lie! :lol::sigh Mine are across a few fandoms, but they did turn out to be way more fun than I ever expected!

7. I told myself no new dolls until the last one is finished (faceup, clothes etc.) Nobody is totally finished and I have two more on the way.

8. "I'm just going to get 1 of every size and that will be all" It will never be all. The minis have their own polycule relationship with one another, my sole SD will no longer be the only big doll in the house, and my eyes keep wandering over to the Tiny Doll Discussion threads for future members:lol:

"I'm going to flesh them out into a developed character first" Nope. Never happens. They always develop their own personalities instead the moment they arrive :sweat

9. Currently lying to myself saying “no more Minifees in my collection.”

girl, you know you’ll be ordering the next female Minifee they put out for the summer event. :roll:

10. I tell myself I’m going to collect about 30 dolls to start my roleplay of characters (I have a whole story I want to do) but i also keep telling myself I’ll be able to do it because it’s CHEAP

11. Me, looking at Doll X: "Okay, so that one's a really weird size... I mean SERIOUSLY non-standard... *Nothing* ready-made is going to fit him. No one else is even close to the height and proportions he is. You're going to have to custom pattern and then make every single thing the goofball ever wears. Every. Thing."

Also me: "No problem! I can do that! It'll be a snap... I mean, how hard could it possibly be to recreate [Outfit A] on that scale? We good."

ALSO also me: *throws seam-ripper across the room*... *shakes tiny fist at Doll X's weirdo proportions and non-standard size*

#51 Brightfires, Apr 30, 2021
      Last edited: May 15, 2021
    12. I don't like soom. At all. No ty, no touchy. Icky icky yuck.

But lately I've found myself eyeing those little winged cuties and a few of their larger sculpts.

Im still not gonna buy-- but that may be a lie in the distant future. >_> Especially if they come out with more hooved fantasy ladies in a larger size..

13. Just one doll and I will sew clothes and make shoes. Very creative hobby, you know...! Ok, one more in a different size, better to sew clothes for. Maybe one in SD, one in MSD and oh, there is such a thing as SD13 and SD17?
      10 years and loads of dolls later (in various sizes, mind, that much was true), my newest idea was “This year I cut back on dollie spending”. Yeah, well, ... turned out to be not true in Mid-February...
      Added bonus: I still have to sew a single piece of clothing yet...:doh

14. :aeyepop:
      I think is my favorite one! Don't feel ashamed, you are doing businesses a favour. :wiggle

15. Thank you, I sure do! :mwahaha

To my defence: I knitted/crotcheted a shawl and a jacket (in over 10 years as a doll collector).

But - I am about to clear the room we planned to be a craftsroom and then things will happen. I guess, you might hear of the outcome of this undertaking and I fear it might be in exactly this same thread...:mwahaha

16. i lawys tell myself that id only have one but i just see so many good looking doll!!

17. Where's that FB meme that looks like you're reporting a post to the mods because, "I'm in this post, and I don't like it"? :lol:

Right now? "I will only visit DoA on Sundays, because all those beautiful photographs just make me want to buy more dolls."

Hi, everybody! Is this my second or third visit to DoA today (Saturday)? Yes! Yes, it is!

18. "this is the last doll."

I keep saying it on the... next... last doll...

19. I told myself I wouldn't get a doll if I didn't have an OC to shell, but then I saw so many fun sculpts this year that I could make into OCs...and thus here I am now with 3 dolls on the way that didn't have prior OC designs established :o

20. "The wait time won't be that long..."