1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Lies you tell yourself about BJD

Apr 24, 2021

1. I have more dolls than I need. Ummhmm...

2. - I'm not gonna buy another doll this month

3. I laughed at almost every posts!

These are definitely my lies:
      - I am not going to add another doll to my crew - ends up adopting more
      - I am not going to add more floating heads - ends up getting two :(
      - I am not going to buy too many doll stuffs this year - ends up doing hauls
      - I am not going to buy more Soom Hyperon or Volks SDM F-33 - ends up with more than two for each :(

4. I only buy one (and I've got 3 now).
      No pet dolls ( I not bought it, it was a gift with my DC Laney... And I choose the pet doll and not the lower price for the main doll).
      One boy and one girl Is enough(I've got two boys and one girl)
      No DC. Their waiting time sucks (Laney is a DC doll and my off topic pet doll too... And I waited almost 14 months to get her)
      No msd (I am drooling over DC Phoenix right now... But not ordered it... I won't ... Not yet...

#64 Triexiz, May 13, 2021
      Last edited: May 13, 2021
    5. - I love all my dolls equally and they know it - one is definitely an outsider now;
      - Three dolls is enough - 4th is being painted right now and I plan to get the 5th one day;
      - I won't buy a female doll - I have one in my plans now;
      - I will never buy a doll from the firm itself, it's an expensive and long process, the secondary market only - purchased a doll from Ringdoll;

6. "All of my dolls will be spoiled the same"- With the two new boys coming in, I know that's a big, big lie
      Speaking of the new boys--> "I will never order more than one per year" Actually, I broke that last year, but in my defense, my grail doll came up in the marketplace and I needed him :XD:
      "I'm totally happy with just having one" *looks over at the 12 on my shelf* I am a liar

7. "I'm going to stop impulse buying"

Has a hypomanic buying spree on the mp. Has a hypomanic buying spree on Mandarake. Starts a layaway for a really short-time limited. Worth it, once the MP spree and the limited come in, I'm sure, but right now, it's just a lot all not yet coming in. My incoming list sure is something right now.

"this year, I'm going to finish projects"

Vidania, sitting in a bin, waiting for me to sand the mods to her upper torso so I can string her arms and see what else needs refining.
      Acyra, sitting in a bin, needing me to drill wing holes and cover her tail so I can dye her.
      Dia sitting in a tray, waiting for me to ever finish hollowing out his arms so I can fix his joints.
      Mal, who just needs me to sand her chest/genital mods and string her.
      Amor who needs me to put her back together so I can test her shoulder frame repair.
      Zariel, who needs... actually just a lot of work on her Franken-body.
      an unnamed Shrike, who needs me to finish her mods, and then decide if I can make her blend in as a shrike with her build.

And yet, here I am, going, "shrike needs wing connectors, I can get on that"

8. I'm sure tracking will update with some sort of movement any minute now.
      Also I am not going to repetitively check the tracking, I'm just going to look in once a day. (Gets a captcha warning for suspicious activity for refreshing too much.) :doh

9. “I will never spend more than $200 on a bjd.”
      Hilarious early collection lie when I was convinced that BJD were too expensive and if I hunted long enough I could find any doll I wanted second hand for $200 or less.

“Doll Chateau is creepy, I’ll never own a DC doll.”
      No idea where that lie came from, I have two DC dolls now, they’re my favorites, and I’m obsessed with DC dolls.

“Nothing smaller than SD.”
      I have one SD sized doll, the rest are MSD or smaller.

“Boys only!”
      I managed to stick to this lie for a long time. Now I only have one girl, a DC Pluto, but ever since I got her, I’ve been keeping an eye out for another girl I might want.

10. "No buying another doll until you finish school."

I got three BJDs, plus an OT doll I've since rehomed.

11. ITT: Personal call-out posts. :sweat

As for mine...

- Roomie is getting into this BJd thing and ordered me a doll of my OC? I'm wary of the whole thing because I remember seeing drama about it years ago. I'll only have the one, it's fine.

Nope, wait time was double the estimate and two more happened along the way. Now there's way too many.

- SD is too big, I'll stick to MSD.

Almost, if I hadn't run across a heavily discounted listing from a dealer for a 65cm guy. I'm hooked now, got a 68cm and an ID75 on the way. I love my little guys but I've lost interest in getting more.

- I'm just shelling established characters!

I tried to stick to this, and mostly have, but every so often one slips under the radar... They're more difficult for me to work with, however.

- Resin only! Vinyl is way too high maintenance.

Oops, now there's two of them. They're so light and easy to carry and I don't feel like I have to wrap them up as much to take them around with me.

- I'm going to make roomboxes for photos!

Mmmnope, it's just a backdrop with a handful of tangentially related props right now. Most photos I take are on the couch instead. Maybe it would be different if I had more than my phone to work with, but alas.

I'm sure there's more, but thus far those are the glaringly obvious ones.

12. - Learning to sew will be fun and useful!

As it turns out sewing is scary, confusing, and definitely not something that I´m interested in at all. Let me give my money to people who enjoy it, instead :lol:

13. "It's not too expensive!" - Me forgetting that shipping, taxes, and currency conversion all exist... every single time... orz

"I'll only buy 1 MSD." - I have 4 full dolls now and have never purchased an MSD :lol:

"No new dolls this year. I will only buy stuff to finish my dolls." - Proceeds to place order for three more floating heads :roll:

14. I did this one too! The first time I opened up the DC page, I closed it as fast as I could because they creeped me out so much. But I ended up going back and looking again, and decided they weren't actually as bad as I initially thought, but weren't really my thing. Then I saw a couple I kind of liked, but couldn't see myself getting (Madeline and Katherine)... then got a Madeline in a lucky bag and LOVED her! (Then ordered another one... they're not my favorite company but there's definitely odds more will appear in the future.)

15. This year's lie: "I'm going to try and focus on my wishlist and not get so distracted by events"

So far only knocked one doll off the wishlist. Got very distracted by events. ^^; It's woken me up though, and I'm going to have more focus. Just because I'll never get the dream dolls if I keep jumping at events. Once the list is clear, I think I'll be able to enjoy events more and not feel so guilty about priorities.

16. When I started: "I'm never going to want a 1/6 size doll."

After meeting @ashbelEro and seeing Laine: "... I need one."

17. MSD size only. I have one SD and two YOSD now.

18. "I won't buy a Fairyland doll."
      - is waiting on the Mad Hatter Alan and rrrrabidly searching for the Klaus Centaur body to make a gothic knight girl.

"No more layaways!!"
      Hahahshshshdirfufisdhdh

19. "I am going to make a set of outfit as the box openning gift for my doll" -> and he is approaching the 4th birthday;
      "70cm dolls are too large for me" -> now waiting anxiously for the re-release of dolls I missed;
      "resin matching is such a complicated process, full set only" -> checking bodies from any companies I know about.

20. Had to mention this lie again. I just sold my only SD body and only have MSD and YoSD, plus my SD head (gonna buy her a new body later).

should probably also mention another lie
      “I will never own a YoSD, I don’t like them.”
      I have three, and is now officially the size I have the most of. (Still like MSD and SD better though)