1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Lies you tell yourself about BJD

Apr 24, 2021

1. "This is the year I will buy that body."

"I am going to get all these faceups done before fall."

"I think I'm nearing the end."

"No, I won't regret selling this / not buying this later."

"YoSD-down is my least favorite size." (The tinies are now competing with the SDs for 'most of')

"This homemade wig will turn out better than the other six."

"The odds of this grail popping up when I can afford it are a million to one."

"I will not buy a bunch of resin this year. I will focus on clothes, wigs, eyes, and shoes."

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies. :lol:

2. My favourite one: "I will not buy new BJDs in several years." (I said this last year. Well, things escalated after that...)
      "I do not want any new MSD dolls." (Currently dreaming of Lillycat Ombre & Constantine.)
      "I don't want to learn how to sew." (Trying to learn!)
      "This year I won't buy any new dolls."
      "I do not need this spesific doll."

3. I will not buy any new BJD this year. And I haven't but I have bought 8 secondhand BJD's this year :XD:

4. I keep telling myself that I should buy a new doll because it's an "investment". The conversation in my head is along the lines of, "I need this doll because I don't have one with this body type yet! I can make clothes for it and get a whole business going." And then over time I ended up with way too many dolls in desperate need of clothes and no patterns. :roll:

5. "I'll never be interested in Volks, they're not my kind of dolls." --> Currently owns three bodies for hybriding and two full dolls, all SD13-SD17 range.

"I'll never get into MSD or smaller, SD is the perfect size." --> Currently owns seven slim MSD with two more on the way, two YoSD, one mature 1/6 with another on the way, and a 10cm doll.

6. I'm not the type to really give myself expectations when it comes to the hobby unless it's craft-related, but there was a time at the beginning when I said, "I'm so glad I don't like SDs. They're so expensive and take up so much space!" and then earlier this year I said, "Wow, I'm glad I'm not brimming with ideas. Once I finish my SD crew, I'll be done with buying dolls for good!" And then of course now there's four sculpts I want and a couple of doll concepts I don't have sculpts for yet.

:doh

7. A lie I tell myself is that my dolls will all have shoes before a new doll is put on pre-order.

8. "If I have more than five, I'll only go to 10!"

Yeah... the lie detector test said, that was a lie. When I receive the dolls I'm currently waiting for, I'm like oh that will make 13 so since that's an unlucky number I should cap at 15! LOL

9. “ I won‘t buy any more doll after this one this year.” Never happened :doh

10. "This is my budget and I'm not going over it"

11. I will only buy SD dolls! they are the perfect size.. here I am on my 5th MSD doll lol

12. I would never get an anime like doll, realistic are the best!
      Now I have two…

13. Oh that’s true too.
      Never get a dol chateau one, too creepy and not practical for clothing…now I’m referring to don’t have the one from the 2019 Christmas event

14. "i'll slow doll getting dolls after this"
      "I'll order bodies for my floating heads"

15. I'll never get a child/baby bjd.

I have enough dolls and clothes. I might get more if something interesting pops up in front of me, but I'll never go browsing for more.

I think I'm over anthros.

16. The max will be 12 dolls..I can't handle more.
      Wel...i have about 16 now

17. Mine was that id just get 1 doll, possibly 2. And make sure to finish them lots of different outfits, i now have 3 dolls, 1 pet doll and 1 girl coming on the way! Oh well, time to try and finish some outfits i guess, i just get so distracted and full of new ideas that i want to create.

18. "I'm only gonna buy two perfect dolls for our OCs" I said, and now ordered a new one because I like the face a lot and could use that one as a second head etc. And now I'm already in the rabbit hole of "I will just sell off the spare body, I only wanted the head anyway"... watch me get a different head for THAT body to make another doll and so on and so on...

19. "Last doll I'll be buying this year!"
      "I'll stop at [insert amount]."
      "I'll be able to find a body for this weird head measurement."
      "I plan on making [insert doll]'s clothing, I totally have the time/tools/material for that."

20. "I don't have enough clothes. I clearly need more."