1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Likemey discussion thread

Apr 11, 2008

1. nDoll is selling the heads and bodies separately it seems. (see the news thread for a link)

I love the muscle detail in the body , but the head just doesn't do it for me

2. I'm sorry if this has already been asked, I didn't see it anywhere. Does anyone have any information about the Volks Normal Skintone? I have a floating F-31 head and I fell in love with this body. Does Likemey's Volks Skintone actually match Volks Normal Skintone?

3. Oracle, at the bottom of their auction page, there is a pic of a Volks head on the matching bust.

It looks pretty good!

4. I did have an oldskin head once and from memory the match wold not be good. The Likemey normal skin resin is quite pink ...

5. Likemey has released just recently a new resin color matching Volks. Now they have 3 colors of resin: pale, pinky normal and Volks normal.
      See the thread here.
      Maybe kyukyukyu, you have the pinky normal resin.

6. Minivega - you will be right - I bought a body very early on and had not realised that they had released another colour :)

7. Has anyone bought one of the Likemey dolls yet? I keep looking at them for a character.

-Anneke

8. Oh my god! I didn't even notice that. Thanks for pointing it out. It DOES look pretty good. Lossefaire, you are now my hero.

Thank you.

9. I know someone earlier in this thread said they bought a Niana head, but I haven't been able to find any pictures of either of the dolls through the search. I really want Niana, too. But we need more owner pictures! D:

10. :lol: Oracle, no problem!

I've been searching for owner pics too. Nothing anywhere. I'd like to see some comparisons with LM pale resin and other dolls, but I don't know if anyone the LM pale resin.

I have one of those normal skin "pink" busts. I bought it when they were first released. There was little description or info then. I thought the default promo photos were of the normal skin, but now I know they weren't. I had asked a couple questions of LM, and thought I was going in the right direction... boy was I shocked to see how pink the NS is!

11. Hi everyone. I am Jan Foster-Penn - I go by Jan in Dallas on other doll boards. I've been a collector for 12 years now, most lately with Fashion Royalty. I just ordered Quaiun from LikeMey's Ebay story - tomorrow is my birthday, and this will be my first "real" BJD. I plan to get Niana at some point, too.

I picked Quaiun because I love his body sculpt, and his face reminds me of someone - I just can't figure who. I got the Pinky Normal skin tone, and I also opted for the faceup from LikeMey.

I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as I get to know Q. (I can't hardly spell his name properly, so he'll probably get a new name when he arrives.) I'll share my impressions of him, but I won't have any other BJD to compare him with, but I'd be glad to compare him with anyone else's BJD if you're in the Dallas area.

Oh, LikeMey now has a third doll available - another guy - Kizer Tuna - check him out at http://cgi.ebay.com/Likemey-BJD-BRA...VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247.

Hugs,

Jan

12. Happy Birthday Jan in Dallas!
      First BJD is the best gift ever!
      I'm looking forward to see some pics of him!

13. I have one of the pale busts. (...and you know exactly what for, hopefully, too! :lol:) I could only compare it to my Soom kids at the moment, but I'll see about doing that ASAP. It's really a lovely bust and it is very pale; I suspect it will be lighter than the Soom cream white, which tends to have a somewhat yellowish tone in the light here. I'll see if I can get some pics once my bout with the flu ends.

I'm really hoping they will do a version of the busts in a MiniMee NS -- they'd probably make a fortune! :lol: Even my fiance wants some now for busts of his RPG characters.

I'm really happy with it, though. Bought through eBay and they shipped very quickly, great packing, and all around good stuff.

14. OOOOOOOO Nimrod, thank you for the link!! Look at the head with the Iple body! It looks decent enough (given the extreme lighting), and I have Iple legs on my MNM body, so I already know about that match.

surreality my luv, if you could compare it with your Soom kids, that would be wonderful! To me, the pale-skinned head looks all right with the IH body, but those photos were a little overexposed.

I have been drooling over the male LM body since I first saw it, and I would be incredibly happy if I could have it for one of my guys. *bounce bounce bounce*

15. Thanks Dragonblood! I haven't heard from LikeMey yet - I am so excited!

Nimrod, thanks for the "real" pictures. Good gosh, I hope I don't have to assemble Quaiun! The shipping box didn't look like it would fit an assembled doll. What have I gotten myself into??? :o

Hugs,

Jan

16. Jan In Dallas,

I can't wait for your boy to arrive, lots of pictures please! He's on my list, but I really want some owner's pictures first. (and I have abit of a 'wait list' for dolls right now to).

-Anneke

17. Wow, Kizer Tuna looks interesting... almost like a male Niana. They could certainly be related.

Jan-- how did you request the faceup? I'm just curious because if I were to eventually order from their ebay store, I wouldn't be sure how to. I've never done any ordering from ebay, let alone doll ordering. XD Did you contact them specifically? (And congratulations on ordering Q, by the way. I hope he gets to you soon!)

18. Hi Anneke,

I will do lots of pix! I haven't heard from LikeMey yet, so I don't have any estimate of when I'll get him, but as soon as I do, I'll post pix! I really love their body sculpts and I like their heads too. Maybe later I'll get into mixing/matching heads with bodies - if I ever get good at this!

Hugs,

Jan

19. Hi Meijuli,

When I purchased on Ebay, I was taken to a "pay now" screen. Once there, I could click on either "Pay Now" or "Request a Total from Seller" - something like that. I clicked on "Request a Total," which also had a box for typing notes. That's where I requested the pinky normal skin and the "regular" faceup - they didn't seem to have any other faceup available. Still waiting on a confirmation e-mail from them - I don't want to be impatient, but I am really excited!

Hugs,

Jan