1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Likemey discussion thread

Apr 11, 2008

1. Meijuli, if you contact LM through their ebay store, they will be happy to answer any questions you have. :) I have had several nice conversations with Rhee and Lydia. They are very friendly.

Jan i.D., the photos Nimrod linked from the French board were of Llysewein's head purchased from LM. I think she only purchased a head, so your doll will likely come strung. BTW, I forgot to congratulate you! My first bjd was a birthday present too. Best way to start if you ask me! ^_^

2. Yes, I think that those were the pictures of the head. Though I'd really love to see non-official pictures of the body, it looks fantastic. I even considered getting Niana as my first bjd but then decided to go for something more "traditional".

3. I'd like to see owner pics too. That male body is superb. I want one desperately, but I wish it was a few more cms taller than 61. The majority of my boys are in the 62-65cm range, with one at 67.

*le sigh*

4. Hi Lossefaire - thanks for letting me know that box was just the head! Whew - that's a relief! I think I'm getting off to a good start. I had an invoice from LikeMey on Saturday, and I've paid, so I guess we'll wait to see how long it takes. I don't want to bug them, so I'll wait a few weeks before I'll ask!

Hugs,

Jan

5. Invoice and payment! Aahhh.. the wait begins. :) It's always worth it in the end though.

6. I bought a Likemey female, Niania. (Also bought male head) Gave them to a friend who has just closed her shop (doll shop). Retirement. Very pleased with it she was. Walked around for quite a while just holding it. I have bought the head stands from him, and I'm quite pleased with them. Will be using the headstands for extra heads and for displaying jewelry I am making for my BJD's. Looks really nice! Very upscale jewelry storish!

And the full dolls do come strung. I'd say it simply is a matter of getting used to the multiple joints.

7. Sounds like somebody needs to start a Waiting Room thread for Likemey so we can keep this thread focused less on business and more on the doll sculpts and ownership! Thanks! :)

I'm thinking about getting one of the boy bodies to go with my AiL Bertram head. His head is a shade darker than Volks Pureskin normal so I'm a little hesitant. But I like the Likemey sculpt soooooo much (:blush) I'll probably just get it and see!

8. idrisfynn, Likemey normal skin is pink. Volks is cream. He may do one in the other colors. No idea though. His headstand comes in three colors. The "volks" is cream color. Matches well with Unidoll normal skin. The pink IS pink and the Likemey normal skin is pink. The pink is pinker then Dollmore and Luts normal skin. The pale is one I haven't gotten yet but I expect it in a few days. If you want to try, check it out with the headstand rather then full doll. Lots cheaper.

9. Actually I think I'll buy the body and the bust at the same time. It'll save me on having to pay shipping twice since I wanted to get both anyway. If the body doesn't work with my Bertram, I'll use it for some other head eventually. ^__^ And for modeling jewelry I really should just have one of their busts.

10. The busts are fantastic! Necklaces look terrific. I also have a couple heads I attached to them in the past and have used them as wig stands until I can get to them. Btw, if you have a spare set of hands they work great for rings and braclet display. I found a nice board and used the temp stickum to attach them (busts 3, hands 2) and make a nice display of several. Also makes them less likely to topple.

May I say I very much enjoy this website. Lots of intersting people!

11. OK, I heard from LikeMey over the weekend - they needed my phone number for EMS shipping. Eek! Maybe Quaiun is on his way soon????:fangirl:

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong area, but I'll be back here as soon as Q arrives and I get photos. :doh

BTW, does anyone have good links for BOY wigs? I see lots of links for wigs, but I haven't really found a lot that carry guy wigs.

Thanks - y'all are the best!

Hugs,

Jan

12. LikeMey_Special Event

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opening our store on the official website, we have a very special event.

We do offer a free Ayran($40 value) for buyers purchasing doll(head+body).

You can choose a color and type(female or male) for your Ayran.

This offer is effective from August 7 until August 31 only for buyers purchasing on LikeMey OFFICIAL WEBSITE. www.likemey.com, not on ebay store or other websites.

Don't miss out this great opportunity getting a free Ayran.

13. Ooh!

Darn, I wish I was ready to order already-- Always kind of wanted an Ayran, just for future display purposes. Cool offer, though.

And nice pictures, yahwa87! Quaiun's so great. ^^

14. I feel silly, but I've been ordering wigs and outfits in advance of Quaiun getting here. They'll be here before he is, probably! Now I'm on the hunt for boots and shoes. I am getting sooo excited!

Hugs,

Jan

15. Some members asked to post some pictures of Quaiun's nude.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

16. I really like the bodies they've made, and the busts are incredibly nifty! And as they match Volks now, that opens up many possibilities!

Do you think a Volks head would look proportional at all on the Likemey male body? Or would it simply be a bit bobble-headed?

17. The female models are gorgeous and have a nice amount of joints. The male bodies aren't my style, though the head molds are nicely done.