1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Limhwa 43cm (Leda & Sujan) Discussion Part 1

Sep 22, 2010

1. I received my first doll, a Limhwa Leda from another local seller earlier this month.

Just sharing a picture of my daughter, Emma.[​IMG]

2. Congratulations on your new girl! Emma is beautiful!

3. I сongratulate on the arrival of a beautiful girl) Show her photo often)))

4. [​IMG]

5. So pretty, @Heavenlywater! She looks like she's out just enjoying the city on a sunny day.

Are you using a stand or have you sueded or wired your girl? My Sujan is my kickiest doll, and I'm wondering if sueding/wiring would help.

6. Thank you!
      No, I am not using a stand. I want to paste (hot glue) and wire it, but I have not decided yet. She is standing alone.
      [​IMG]DSCF8356 by Marina Barishpol, on Flickr

7. Amazing! Looks like I need to restring mine

8. Thank you! My Marie is very stable. Show your girl more often!
      [​IMG]

9. T4124, Thanks, but, alas, I do not know how to knit.

10. Marie with new wig
      [​IMG]

11. [​IMG]

12. Your photos have sealed my decision to bring one of these girls home, they are so gorgeous!

13. Thanks a lot! I really love this girl and admire Limhwa dolls!

14. This thread does not seem very active but I'd love to see more pictures of Leda, Suja or Lily. I just ordered a beige skin Leda from The Junky Spot. Seeing photos of other people's beautiful Limhwa minis would sure make waiting for her easier...

So my Leda came yesterday :dance She's my first ever BJD and I love her! She is so beautiful in person, much more than any photo that I've seen was able to convey. The only slight disappointment is that her elastic is so loose that her arms were hanging out of her shoulder sockets. I see on her COA that she was created in 2013, but I bought her brand-new from The Junky Spot. I guess she is "new old stock" and it seems that her elastic has deteriorated with time. I tried to just tighten her arm elastic but it made very little difference because large sections of it have no stretch any more. I've ordered new elastic and I guess that I'm going to learn a new skill sooner than I thought, how to completely re-string a doll :)
      So far I've only taken quick phone pics, but I'm going to do a photo shoot once she's re-strung. This is the first time that I'm attempting to load a pic on this site so please bear with me if it doesn't work. This is a photo from her box opening showing her loose stringing.
      LedaBO

Here is a photo of my new Leda with eyes, wig, and clothes on. I was pleasantly surprised that she fit a 5-6 wig that I had, because the 6-7 wigs that I ordered for her haven't come yet. This wig was particularly stretchy and I quite like it on her. The eyes are Glib eyes that I ordered with her from The Junky Spot. She also seems to fit slim MSD size clothes very well. These jeans were just some inexpensive ones that I got from Ebay in MSD size.
      Leda2

#558 Hmac58, Apr 26, 2020
      Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2020
    15. @Hmac58 You just need to restring the arms. There a one loop that goes from hand to hand. Another loop goes from one foot to the head and down to the orher foot. If it's any consolation, i have never had good luck with just tightening elastic. Restringing is more effective and frequently easier

16. Thanks so much for the advice, Nancy. I wasn't sure where to buy the correct elastic that would get here (to Canada) relatively quickly. I know that the size is 2mm because I measured it. I found some 2mm beading elastic at Michael's online that looks the same but I'm not sure if it is what is used for BJDs. It was inexpensive so I ordered it since it will ship quickly. I found a seller on Etsy from Britain with 2mm elastic listed as being specifically for BJDs so I ordered that, too. I'll use the Michael's elastic at first and if it seems like it's not right I can change to the other when it comes. Packages from Britain, and even the USA, are taking about a month right now.