1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Limhwa 57 Girls discussion: Half Elf, Human, Eva, Dreaming Half Elf

Nov 15, 2007

1. Ooh I love all the pictures! I had a dreaming half elf in French resin but planning to buy a normal half elf in normal color.

2. How is the limhwa posing? Does the body look good (bust to hip ratio)? Are there heeled feet?

3. Hi! Does anyone know if Azone 50 cm clothes will fit Linhwa HAlf Elf?
      I am waiting for mine to arrive and I prepared some clothes for her.

4. I asked Emory of Junkyspot if it was possible to order heeled feet for the EOS girls, and he said he didn't think Limhwa made them for the 57cm girls. So, I actually just ordered a pair of heeled Dollmore Eve feet for mine, because comparing her to my Model boy, the resin match seems pretty close. True, he's like seven years old and has mellowed a bit in color, but I'm hoping the color isn't off too much with new resin as to be too horribly noticeable. And if it is, well, that's what stockings are for. :sweat

I'm just waiting for Dollmore to ship my order now. They're taking their time about it. Heh.

5. I'm pretty sure I have high heeled feet for my Half Elf. I'll check when I finish the in-progress doll room reorganization. I can't get to her right now.

Update: I checked my old orders and did order heeled feet in 2007!

Item Name: Limhwa 57 optional high heel feet
      * resin color choice: pinky white French resin
      * shipping zone: zone one
      Item #: feet
      Unit Price: $56.00
      Quantity: 1

6. I got high heeled feet with my girl, she's two years old I think

7. So the heeled feet for the half elf, would they fit the new EOS body? Also, do they come in normal resin instead of French? There's a difference in translucence between the French and urethane resin, so there'd be a pretty obvious mismatch between feet and body, I think.

And can I order directly from Limhwa, or just from a representative seller? I know Junkyspot sells the dolls, but does anyone else sell them in the States, as well? If the Dollmore feet I ordered don't work, I'll try ordering a pair of heeled feet for the original Limhwa body, instead.

8. Several months ago, I emailed LIMHWA directly and they said they could not sell me the feet separately at this time. I would LOVE it if you could convince them to sell separately again. The LIMHWA heeled feet are the most beautiful out there, in my opinion!

Unfortunately, I don't know if the old girl feet fit the new EOS body, or if the Dollmore feet will work, sorry. :(

Please let us know how your search goes. Good luck!

9. Limhwa may not want to sell directly and go around her dealers. I think the best thing to do would be to contact Junky Spot again and let him know that Limhwa did have high heel feet available through her prior dealers and ask him to check into it and maybe include some on the next order.

I have some Dollmore Eve feet. I will try to compare them, but don't hold your breath!

10. I have a question about Limhwa posing! I want to buy a Half Elf from the Junkyspot soon. I fell in love with her by looking at other owners' dolls and I've entered that state of aching desire--absolutely can't wait lol! I am a little bit concerned about the posing ability, though I mainly want her for looks--but I want her to be somewhat functional too. So my question is:
      You know how some people will sand the hip sockets so that the legs can bend at a 90 degree angle and help the doll sit up better? Has there been any success with this using Limhwa? I did read an article by Emory Sung that said not to sand the seams off--so that concerns me. Of course, I've never modded a doll before and would not jump into it carelessly or anything. So that's basically what I want to know. Can they be improved by modding?
      Another question I have is: Is the Eos doll actually better at posing? I would buy this one instead if she's that much better but my first choice Half Elf. I love her!!!!!!!
      And I've really enjoyed looking at the photos posted here, so thanks for sharing you lucky Limhwa owners lol!

11. I used to have the half-elf on the old body but although it looked lovely it was the worst poser I ever owned, but Junkyspot was able to order the half-elf head on the new EOS body which I hear is a much better poser. That may solve your problem if they are still able to do it, the only thing I don't like is the new bust is a bit over large for my tastes.

12. My Half Elf girl is on a Volks SD16 body now, but when I had the EOSdoll body I took some pictures of the posing capabilities. They are on Flickr here, click through for several of them. The body is a really nice poser, but it's shaped differently from the Limhwa body, it's a lot more curvaceous. So that different shape might also be a reason to consider which body you're going to choose!

13. Thanks guys, that does help. Maybe I'll ask the js if they can do that for me too, or if I can order the head alone. The big issue I dont like about the eos girl is her nose lol.

14. Question for those with French resin Limhwas, particularly Lunas. Has anyone had their doll develop a 5 o'clock shadow? I wiped mine down and noticed that there is a blue/grey shadow around the mouth. You can just about see it in this picture but it seems to have become more pronounced since I tried a faceup and wiped it down again. Thinking that it was shadow showing through the thin resin around her mouth, I painted the back of the mouth area the same colour as the resin. I think that has brought it down a bit, but it i still there and it is driving me NUTS! Any ideas, anyone?

[​IMG]

15. So it's not clear yet if it's a stain or lighting issues, to me. But I'd wager thin resin causing lighting issues. The hollow of her neck between her clavicles seems to show the same problem in your photo.

I'd try thick white poster tack or eye putty behind the affected area to block ALL light. (Rather, shadow)

Maybe first, shine a light from behind the faceplate and see if it's brighter there in her upper lip.

If it's a strange stain and not just thin resin, I'd test baking soda on the headcap, then use it on her face.

By the way, she's gorgeous.

16. Thanks for that. Yes, I plugged the mouth area with white tac, which subdued it somewhat, leading me to paint the back of her mouth. If it is a stain, I am not sure how it seems to have become more severe over time. I have redone her faceup now but, if the shadow is too obvious, I will wipe her again and try baking soda. What is it that baking soda is supposed to do? Does it bleach or is it used as an abrasive?

17. Nalufel, no, Azone 50cm clothes will be much too small for Half Elf. :(

18. I currently own a Leda in tan skin and she's absolutely gorgeous! I really wanted to get the dreaming half elf but she's sold out at The JunkySpot and I don't even see her listed on the EOS website. Is she a discontinued sculpt?
      I really hope not...:(

19. Hello, I'm new to the hobby.
      I really want the limhwa half elf.
      But I can't really find that much on her.
      I would like to know the good and the bad experiences.

Where did you buy her?
      Where did you buy her clothes?
      Do you like/love/hate her?
      Why or why not?
      Can you provide a picture of your half elf?
      And any other information?​

20. Hello Daku! I have a couple Limhwa dolls, including the half elf. I have nothing but good things to say about them. The official US dealer for Limhwa dolls is Junkyspot. Clothes can be a bit hard to find sometimes. There's no official Limhwa brand clothing, so you have to see what she will fit in from other companies. Members here can often help with what fits. She has a bit of a behind, so pants are usually the hardest thing to buy. I'm sure if you read through this thread, (looks like the mods merged your post into it) you'll find lots of information.