1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Limhwa 57 Girls discussion: Half Elf, Human, Eva, Dreaming Half Elf

Nov 15, 2007

1. I understand why many people aren't very atracted to Eva, she does have a very special look. But I like it, and I am curiously waiting for owner pictures of her hopefully without face up or other that default face up because I think she has a lot of potential. She looks like she has a strong and independent personality... I am also curious for the dreaming half elf! Id love to see one without face up!
      I think I am one of the few people who loves Eva and doesn't like the human very much... ^^ (also love the half elf ofcourse) altough I agree Eva's lips look a lot like mano's lips, and I am not very fond of mano his face...

to those who are still waiting for their beautifull girls, hang in there! and your not alone ;P

2. Too many Half Elfs around and my husband really did not like the way the Half Elf looked, but he loves Eva and I do to, that's why I picked her because she is different, not that she looks like Mano's sister, but she is a different face sculpt and goes nicely with the body, the Human looks too young to me and hubby did not like that face either.

3. I love the Half Elf best, but what exactly is the difference between the Half Elf and the Human, they look really similar? Besides the ears of course.

4. they are very different from eachother besides the ears!:lol:
      I found this thread in the gallery of a human and an half elf next to each other, I hope Auguste is ok with it that I post a link to her thread here.

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183113

(human in blue sweater, half elf in brown)
      maybe you can see, the eyes of the human are a little more wide, the mouth of the human is a little more pouty(?) and her nose also has a different shape, also her chin is a little bit more pointy...

I hope that helps and answeres your question?

5. AnnekeKarel: Thank you for the link. I can see the difference in the eyes and chin now, but for the nose and lips, I guess I would have to see in person.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Eva pictures from new owners and I think Catrina had some that she was going to post also.

6. Updates:

First, Limhwa has given me permission to begin another ordering period. I have to work on the web site a bit, so it will begin tomorrow and run for a week or so.

Second, she says she feels the French resin dolls and parts will be finished up between the 11th and 14th of February.. this delay was due to a shortage of French resin country-wide in Korea and was not her fault. Along with any French resin Manos, Limhwa girls, faces, SMC torsos, and new high heeled feet which were ordered in French resin, these will be coming in shortly. We both apologize for the anxiety and inconvenience caused by this shortage. I have seen it happen before to Narin and Supia. What happens is they have to begin contacting sources in other countries to find more. It always happens around the December holidays.

There were also two urethane Evas who had some kind of box problem with the label. They were returned to Korea as undeliverable, and she returned them to me this past Monday. This happened last year with a Supia shipment, and the reason was the label got torn off in shipment. It's the "year of the rat" now, so perhaps that sums it up : - ) The owners of these two have the initials TG and KD. As soon as they arrive, I will send them off to you immediately.

Regarding Eva, I have one dressed here by Limhwa that was one of the biggest hits at IDEX! Eva is really gorgeous, and i hope to take some pics of her to share. I think whenever there is a new doll, it takes people a little time to really know the face and how it actually looks vs. the first photos. This is why I asked Limhwa to send me Eva. The new high heeled feet are so dainty and pretty too.. such lovely work. Limhwa is very proud of Eva, and hopefully you like her more when you see new photos.

Over and out,
      Catrina

7. I repeat my question ^^

8. The facepainting from Limhwa is not custom, so they are all painted in the same schemes.

She tries to match the wigs, eyes and facepainting to all look attractive together. But she does not do the work by request.

Thanks for your question
      Catrina

P.S. I don't know about a Dreaming Human. She has not mentioned it to me.

9. All in the same scheme? I've never seen human with another colour scheme besides purple/pink I think~ but I've seen several for the half elf. I wouldn't get eyes/wig anyway so it would be possible to note a preference towards a pink/purple eye shadow human if I ordered one? I don't mean custom painting, I just mean out of the ordered ones you receive. (weird english? xO)

10. Yes, once again, I don't mean custom face-painting.. :chocoberry

I was just wondering of the humans only came in the pink/purple scheme cause that would be good. :|

11. My Limhwa girl has arrived, and I have started to thinking of keeping her, although in the beginning I though that for once more I had made the wrong choice. My question is simple do you think that Senio delf girls clothing will fit on Limhwa girls?? I am thinking of this particular one. It doesn't seem too tight and I checked the measurements and they seem to match quite well.

12. The dolls come in the range of schemes you see on the web site, and in owner pictures. Whether pink/ purple or any other type.

The humans, Half Elf, Eva, all are in the same schemes, but you cannot request a certain color combination, because that would be custom work.

Hope that is clearer!

13. Solarsenshi: You might want to consider ordering your human without a face up and find an artist who you can send photos of your Half Elf along with the Human's head so that they can match the colors. I lot of artists won't copy others work, but I'm sure they could do the same pink/purple color scheme. I didn't really like the purple eyeshadow that much so I am planning to schedule a face up with Lilykoi when my Half Elf arrives. Hope that helps.:)

14. They are gorgeous. I'm amazed whit this dolls since months. I prefer the Half Elf dreaming head, it's more innocent.
      The feet and her hands are very thorough. Some day I have one :D

15. I'm so excited for Aubrey's new face! I took a few pictures of her today and illness illusion already has my request for how to do her face.

aggghhh so exciting!!

16. Hope my girl will come back soon....

17. Does anyone own an Eva? I've been dying to see some ownerpics of this lovely girl! :)

18. Obviously I haven't made myself clear..

I meant to ask whether all the Humans come with the pink/purple one as I haven't seen any other combination I think. The few humans I saw came with the pink/purple colour scheme.

19. :?Quick question everyone that owns a Limhwa 57cm girl, is the metal bar that holds the elastic supposed to be superglued in? If I wanted to change the entire head I cannot because the metal bar is glued in, is this the norm for all the Limhwa's??

20. My girl's isn't, but sometimes I really wish it was. Maybe it's because I'm proficient in restringing, but trying to get that little metal bar back in that groove with the elastic is KILLER. *_* I'de rather take her apart at the feet and restring her.

But no, it wasn't glued in in mine, but mine is also one of the first two batches (i think the second batch) so it might be a recent change?