1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Limhwa 57 Girls discussion: Half Elf, Human, Eva, Dreaming Half Elf

Nov 15, 2007

1. Hi everyone,
      The Limhwa girls are all arriving with the new left hand, not the old one. I am suspecting that the original hands became too hard to cast, because they were so fragile. Limhwa likes to make revisions to her dolls, which she considers improvements, as she releases them. She's a perfectionist and if she sees something she can improve or fix, she will just do it.

KittyAz, your Dreaming girl is stunning, and she's a normal beige.

Limhwa also has been sending me updates re: the French resin parts. It turns out there is only one importer of this resin in Korea for all the little casting places. She's fuming a bit over this! She has been working hard to resolve the shortage vs. her own production, and feels it will be resolved this weekend. I am in touch with her on a regular basis to get her updates and encouragement.

Catrina

P.S. Gilshallos, Limhwa feels the same way.. she refused to use anything but FR for a long time, but she is happy enough with the urethane versions she has made. Limhwa ForYou's were used to try out urethane coloring which could be as close as possible to French Resin. What you see being used now was worked on for a long time until she was happy with the result.

2. Thank you all for your lovely comments. My Rosemary has been taking my breath away from the moment I opened the box. Limwha is a genius. I will try to get some more pics of her soon. And thank you, Catrina, for clarifying her resin color. I thought I remembered ordering her in normal beige, but her resin is so pale and luminous, I wondered if I was remembering wrong. Limwha made a beautiful resin choice, and her face up is perfection. The blushing seems to come from within, like with human skin.

3. Catrina, I am not surprised in the least that Limhwa went to all that trouble about the resin colour. It is just further proof that she is a one-of-a-kind artist. :) It certainly makes it tempting since it probably won't have the discolouring problems as noticable as the FR... I swear all other dolls just look like plastic next to hers. ;)

4. Wow, I just loved this answer! It couldn't be better =3~

Hey, is there any chance of making double jointed limhwa dolls in the future??

5. Yes, I would like an update on this too. Were they shipped out on Monday, as expected?

6. :(When can my girl come back home.I miss her so much.:...(

7. Don't mean to sound like I'm being snippy, but I've dealt with Catrina many times and I'm sure she'll let us know when they've shipped. I'm sure the artist is working as hard as she can to get everything done for us ASAP.

Patience-- it's a virtue of the trade, kids, particularly in this hobby. :> If we think this sucks, try signing up for a Unoa preorder. <3 Don't worry about it, I know we're all anxious!

8. I don't mean to sound like I'm being snippy either -- Catrina's been great to deal with, and I am grateful for all of her work -- but I don't think there's anything wrong with (politely) asking for an update. This order has taken a fair while longer than was originally projected, and while I understand that these things happen, I want to stay informed about how things are progressing.

9. I'm just curious since this is my first Limhwa... how long do Limhwa orders typically take? I got my order in for the February 2008 batch and I thought it only took 4-5 weeks from the end of the order period. Do they all ship at once to Catrina? Say there's another French resin shortage, would the urethane girls be held back til all the French resin ones can be finished? I ordered a NS urethane half elf :D

10. Well, about how long it takes, I bought my girl in February 7th, 2007 and she was shipped to Catrina only in april 7th ^^' two months later...
      But hold on ^^- it's all worth the wait... well... I said I'd wait it all again, and I will ^^- I'll try to place an order in the next period, and I say... It's REALY worth the wait! The momment I opened the box and saw that beautiful girl looking at me, I almost fainted :D

11. I ordered The Limhwa Princess in early December, and she arrived about 3 weeks ago, so it was about 2 1/2 months+/-. She was urethane, and was shipped; only the French Resins were not.

No - it doesn't hurt to (politely) ask for updates. Be sure & identify yourself, tho: I forgot I'm not the only Nancy or even NancyS on DoA & poor Catrina didn't know who was nattering at her half the time, lol! And now I'm nattering at her about a Supia Princess. Poor Dollyholic....

12. Sula, be careful with this cosmetic. It doesn't have ingredients list on it, and it's very cheap ( wu kuai?) and it can have some mineral oil or another not-so-good for doll things.

13. Sorry for Vanilla.Sky:

Maybe I can't say English Well.I only want to say that I use something like this .But not use the Cosmetics .I use somthing for doll's make up Painting.The colour like this.

Do you know musedoll's make up?I use the same Materials like that.

OK. Sorry for my poor English.And you know shanghai more detail .
      Thanks so much for you to tell me this.

14. Sula, that's ok:) I just were worried about your dolls, I saw one damaged with some oily cosmetic - it was not good looking at all... :( I do not know Shanghai very good, still learning

15. ^^Thank you,Vanilla.Sky:)

16. Catrina- sorry if this is a repeat, but will Limhwa be using a UV protectant in the french resin anytime soon like Narin has started?

oh, also, do these girls come with their seams sanded too?

17. I'm not Catrina, but my half elf arrived with her seams pretty well sanded (or else she was so well cast she didn't really need sanding...), there were a couple that I thought needed a bit more work so I did that. On the whole she had very little in the way of seams needing work, the only exception I think is the hands but it is, I have discovered, next to impossible to sand the seams between the fingers. Oh, and if you try and sand the seams on the sides of the hands, you start to sand off the details of the hands... :doh Sorry to ramble, does that answer your question?

Edit: Btw, if you are getting the French resin, it is super easy to sand - *much* more so than urethane resin I have discovered. You just need to take the usual precautions of the ventilator, since the dust is pernicious and gets EVERYWHERE!

18. Ahm... I just sand my dolls when they're wet... the resin dust doesn't float this way ^^'

19. Does anyone know if Limhwa is opposed to modding of her dolls? I don't think I've ever seen a modified Limhwa.

20. Oh, if I'm not wrong, there's a half elf modded to have human ears in the lillikoy make up thread :)
      I particularly love half elf ears, they are so delicate... :D