1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Limhwa 57 Girls discussion: Half Elf, Human, Eva, Dreaming Half Elf

Nov 15, 2007

1. I think she doesn't mind.. usually she says something pointed about feeling sorry they didn't like what she did, and felt they had to change it.. she's quite self-effacing.

There is also a tanned Limho Mano I've seen with some striking mods... maybe another Mano as well too.. *hmm* thinking, thinking.

LilyKoi also did a unicorn Half Elf. She wanted to see it, but I'm not sure if Limhwa liked it. It's probably kind of shocking seeing something you know every millimeter of, looking different. It's probably hard for them to have the perspective of an owner, rather than that of the creator.

I think most of the artists mind modifications less than finding their head on another artist's body, and vice-versa. But in the end, it's your doll and you should do what you like!

So says me :fangirl:

2. Aw, I don't think it's like that.

I'm pretty sure I like half-elf better than human but I am not sure. So my idea was to modify half-elf a little. I haven't gotten a good look at her ears in photos yet so I'm not sure if I like them. I usually prefer human ears.

Either way I LOVE 57 girls. :love The body sculpt is so beautiful. I love how the breasts are a realistic shape because many body sculpts have the breasts too high on the chest with an implant-like shape which is not my taste.

3. I think what put me off from getting a Half Elf for a while was 1) she would be my first large BJD; and 2) the elvin ear issue.

However, her absolutely beautiful sculpt and all of the "enabling" pics here on DoA, just persuaded me that I MUST have her!

Once I got her home, the ears are not as obvious or pointed as I thought they'd be. They fit quite well up under the size 8-9 wig caps and are totally hidden if so desired.
      I find there is no reason to worry about Elvin Ears on these girls.

[​IMG]

4. Hmm... Thinking of what you're saying about the ears and the sculpt... I remember when I first saw the half elf XD
      I was looking for a large girl, with a pretty body sculpt and with a strong face. I looked in ALL the BJD sites I could find!
      And then, one day, I found the Limhwadoll site and entered... And I found a large girl, with an AWESOME body sculpt and a delicate face looking at me... She had the body I wanted, but not the face. But in the first time I looked to that picture, I just fell in love! It was like magic!
      Well, I realized that she had to be my first BJD and worked hard to get her... I'm soooooooooo happy with this girl I can't just tell! In the first six months I just stood in front of her and spent my time admiring her sculpt XD

This girl is like a dream to me... There can't be no better doll for me to have ^____^

5. :roll:oof! i've been trying to hold back for awhile on limwha.. at least til my supia girls get here but ... it's tough!

when is the next ordering period for limwha?
      :roll:

6. I think Catrina's taking more time to answer the questions because the dolls are arriving at her store and she gets very busy trying to match them with the special requests...
      I guess we'll have good news very soon ^__^

7. Dearest Catrina!!! :)

Sorry if this question was asked before, but I couldn´t find something about it. Will there be also a Dreaming Human face in future???

8. aww to bad rank63... :(
      but I think there will possibly be tanning orderperiods in the future... and in a few months/weeks there will be a "normal" ordering again, and those are beautifull too! ;)
      I am very curious to see the tanning girls!

9. I do want to see what the tan looks like on these girls too, I hope to see pics soon.

10. I've been secretly hoping for another faceplate option for the foryou msd sized girl, but I think I could wait forever for that to happen XD
      I'm really curious what whould be next, since we've got it all: tiny, mini and sd sized limhwa dolls, humans, half elfs, elfs, boys and girls, high heeled feet and tanned skin option... I think limhwa deserves a big vacation! XD It's incredible what she's accieved!
      Everytime she comes up with something new I totally go:o:o:love
      So if she doesn't go on a long and well deserved mega vacation, hmm what could possibly be next?? :lol:;) :eusa_pray

11. I've got everything set up for my dream doll, a tan half-elf. I've got a gorgeous dress commission in progress, wigs and eyes with me, and a slot with one of my most favorite face-up artists for her face and body all ready for when she arrives! I hope I hear something soon! I ordered 5 weeks ago exactly and the wait so far has been AGONIZING...

12. News from Limhwa--

She is busy working on the tanned dolls now. She will be taking another order, for non-tanned dolls, the first week of August. I'm also driving her crazy because a magazine article will be done on my company in October, and they have requested Halloween dolls. So poor LImhwa is trying to figure out what Halloween is, and paint and costume some dolls for it.

She says, "I guess I will be busy in July." (yes, I'm feeling guilty!)

Catrina

13. Hi...I am new and this is a bit off-subject...but I just got a gorgeous Limhwa half-elf second hand and I wonder...if she is Zelda, who is Link?

**Or, for those who aren't video game obsessed, which boy doll (preferably an elf, but not absolutely necessary) would display well with her? About the same height, same head size, etc...with a slightly boyish look?

Some that I am considering:
      Unidoll Feanor
      Elfdoll Red

If anyone has pics of their Limhwa girl with a boy doll, that would be SO helpful!

Thank you!

14. These really are beautiful dolls!
      I am so glad to finally be getting one of these gorgeous girls!!!

15. How long will the ordering period be? Or how long has it been typically in the past? Payment is due at the end of the ordering period right?

Sorry just want to make sure I'm prepared!

16. hmmm congrats to all who received your girls of this last ordering period (before de tan period)!!!

Well, I received my girl too! But I'm having a problem with her, and would like to know if someone had the same problem, and if someone knows how can I fix it =/

I'm very sad, because my girl is beautiful, but her resin came with A LOT of irregularities... and it looks like she has cellulitis... I know limhwa dolls come unsanded, but my other girl just came in perfect state, and this one appears to have an unhealthy skin... -.- I'm desperated, because it's everywhere! In the legs, feet, breasts, back, hands and even at the face! I'm sure I'll have to sand her, but I don't know how to do that! I'm very sure I'll lose the details, because I'm not a professional... I tried doing a make up on her, but he irregularities just show up in the pictures, and looks like the make up is dirty, because of the shadows...

I'd like to know what can I do, because I'm really desperated! T_T I like very much this doll, and I made many things to have her with me... to receive her like this... =/

here is a picture of her right hand:

[​IMG]

Any tip would be appreciated, since I can't take pictures of her because the cellulitis appear... =/

17. Hi Yunachan:

-<>- My girl is the French resin.But didn't have the same problem with yours.

Maybe you can ask other urethane resin owers.Don't too worry about this.

I think Limhwa can help you to solve the problem. Big hugs.:)

18. That looks terrible, Yunachan. And worrisome. You should get in touch with Limhwa to tell them about it. *hugs* I hope the problem will be fixed.

19. tranks Sula and LKJ
      I'm desperated like this because I don't know too much about sanding and those things... =/ it's too much delicate... I don't even know if this problem is fixable... because I didn't ever see it in any other doll -.- I'm really afraid to have a doll like this... because I'll never take good pictures of her =/

I just wanna sit and cry for the whole day... -.-

It's just an expensive doll... so I guess it shouldn't come like this =/ I know they come unsanded, but something went really wrong with my girl, because my other Limhwa (a French resin one) didn't come like this... I guess if it happens only with the urethane girls -.-