1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Limhwa Half Elf and Human - Clothing?

Dec 13, 2006

1. Thank you ^-^.

The shoes are from Luts ^-^.

[​IMG]

2. Thank you Gia. Too bad for me that they are out of stock right now.:(

3. When my Limhwa Human arrives, I will try on a pair of pants that I have gotten for her as well as a pair of high heel shoes I got from Luts. I will let you know of the results and post some pictures as well to see if the new high heel feet will work with the shoes:)

4. I just thought I would let you all know that the Pipkin & Bonnet shoes from Court & Castle http://www.courtandcastledolls.com/shoes2 fit my half-elf Fianna. Some are snug and a bit of a fight to get on but I get there eventually. I recommend them *very* highly if you want to do historical or historically inspired stuff, or just want really cool shoes. ;)

5. Hi, I just got my Limhwa Half Elf and she is gorgeous!! I am also getting the high heeled feet for her.

Does anyone know if the LUTS Senior Delf high heeled shoes fit the Half Elf girls???

EDIT: I went ahead and ordered 2 pairs, so I will answer my own question once they arrive!! LOL!

EDIT EDIT: YES, they look fantastic on my Limhwa's high heeled feet!!

6. got your message teryl her are some pictures of my beauty I send you a mail, but not sure if the pictures are there
      [​IMG]
      they bumps on her waist is because of a standard under her dress:)

7. Such a beautiful gown on your girl, Wilkies!!! Love it! :fangirl:
      I did not receive a mail from you yet, so glad you posted the picture here.
      Thanks!!

8. WOW:fangirl:~~Charming ,so charming~~~~I love her~~~~Love so much~~~

9. Would Volks SD16 shoes have a hope of fitting a Limhwa girl?

And would high heeled feet be the only way of getting SD16 shoes to work, or is there a chance that normal feet could work...?

10. Nobody has a clue regarding SD16 shoes...?

11. There's another custom shoe website, www.dollshoesinternationalhomestead.com, run by a Joyce Nicholson out of New Zealand. She does the most incredible gorgeous historic repro shoes & boots (mainly Victorian & Edwardian, but some 18th cent. styles as well) for dolls. Most of her custom is for high-end designer one-of-a-kind artisan dolls, so the shoes are somewhat pricey (about $40-$60/pair, depending on which ones you choose) but they're custom made, your choice of materials & colors, to your doll's specs.

Personally, I make my girl's own shoes & boots. Here's some photos:
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And here's some of my Limhwa Princess (aka HRH Princess Belladonna Aphrodite of Limhwa - 'Bella' for short by friends & family) in one of her latest gowns
      [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here's some other outfits I made her, including the jewelry & accessories, if any (& I made all of Brandon's uniform too, including the epaulettes):
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

These are historic repro outfits: early 19th cent Russian court gown, & 15th cent. Friesian gown, copied from paintings by Breughal etc. The jeans & poet shirt (above) & Friesian gown now belong to my friend Anneke's brand-new Limhwa Half Elf, Sebeare (if she can ever get her sprung from Dutch Customs!). Can't wait to see Sebeare on this website, I hope soon.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

12. My Half-Elf, Leda, finally came home this week, and I've been trying clothes on her since. I thought I'd weigh in here with my findings. Please excuse my bad photos -- they're not eye candy, but they may be useful as points of reference.

Following StephG's recommendation earlier in this thread, I got some Souldoll jeans, and they are indeed a good fit:

[​IMG]

Dollmore's "Fluffy Angel" dress fits well, except that the underbust seams do not want to sit under her bust. Vexing.

[​IMG]

Dollmore's "Slim Line Slip" fits with room to spare -- I'd actually like it a bit better if it were closer-fitting, I think.

[​IMG]

Dollmore's bra/panty/stocking set is a mixed bag: the panties and stockings fit very nicely, but the bra just barely contains the Half-Elf's unruly charges. The strain is visible.

[​IMG]

The biggest winner is Dollmore's grey school uniform set: it fits perfectly!

[​IMG]

I don't have many pictures of shoes, but briefly: I bought a variety of SD-sized Dollmore sneakers, and they all seem to fit well; the Ugg-style boots from Dollmore seem to be too narrow and inflexible to get her feet down; the Pipkin & Bonnet 1700s slide-on heels are a good fit (thanks for the tip, Gilshallos!). Mimiwoo's "White Layer Boots" (on ebay) fit the high-heel feet well and look great, but I haven't been able to get her to stand up in them; mimiwoo's pink ballet shoes fit, but just barely -- it's a battle to get them on; mimiwoo's silver high heels fit easily, but make her feet look awkwardly large. I have mimiwoo's pink wrinkle boots but haven't tried them out yet. That's all I've got for now!

13. I'm still curious if SD16 shoes have a chance of fitting Limhwa girls...

14. :)

I just wanted to bump this up, in case anyone has found other things they can wear. I need to get my girls clothes and shoes.

Thanks,
      Yia

15. going along with th1 on the shoe thing . . .
      i can say for shoes that theses girls definitely fit into senior delf girl sized shoes. they fit best on the high heel feet, but they also work on the regular flat feet. i've tried a pair of boots and platform sandals on my girl that fit and look very good and she stands just as well in the shoes as she does out of shoes.:)
      here is the best picture i have of my roslyn wearing some senior delf sized boots
      [​IMG]
      and you can kinda of see the sandals here . . .
      [​IMG]

i'm afraid as far as clothes go i haven't tried much of anything because my sister pretty much sews all my girls cloths.:sweat

16. Heh, Limhwas DO have rather amazing frontage, don't they? My standing joke is that I'm going to submit my patterns for covering Bella's bosom & butt to MIT as my project qualifying me for a degree in advanced engineering design.

17. LOL - okay that is quite funny but yes, construction of patterns for this girl is challenging.

Just wanted to let those interested know that I have set up a commission thread in the market place so, if you are interested in getting something custom made for your big busted Limhwa girl let me know ^^

18. I thought this was sort of amusing - or disgusting depending on your POV: this is my walk in closet. The entire right side (about 5.5 feet long) of triple-level shelving & hanger space is the Girls' stuff. Not mine: theirs. Doll clothes for my Supia & Limhwa, with a few of the more elaborate 1/6 obitsu outfits thrown in.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And they keep complaining they haven't got a stitch to wear-!!!!