1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Limhwa To You Review

Mar 14, 2006

1. Now that it's been a year...has she yellowed???

2. if i got it right, the ToYou's were made from urethane resin (not sure if all batches were made from the same?) which does not yellow.
      i also read that such a small doll would not be possible to make from french resin, because she would be too transparent as everything is so small and "thin".

3. My To You is just as perfect as when I got her.

4. Ditto to the above for me... my Sorina is just as perfectly creamy as the day she arrived. I'll try to snap some quick photos of her right now (though it rained today, so I apologize in advance if the color isn't dead-on)! :D

~Kalmia

5. Mine also has not changed.

6. ToYou is not French resin. Limhwa told Dollyholic once that if Limhwa was ever made of French resin she would be transparent in slim areas. She is regular resin.

Carolyn

7. I got my Lim hwa To You Sara last week of July. So far, here are my thoughts (please note she is my very first BJD):

- She is much much lighter than anticipated. My vinyl Disney doll seemed a little heavier and heftier than her. My first thought on handling her was - "this bit of resin was worth that much?????"

- Her head is really small. Even a 20/0 brush seems too big for her, but I am having trouble acquiring a reasonably priced 30/0 (like below $50 please) brush so I'm trying various ways to do her faceup.

- Her hands are beautiful and have nails that can actually be manicured with a tiny enough brush. May attempt this if I end up keeping her.

- She stands solidly on her own with minimal effort on my part. She however seems stiff and tight, and her arms especially always want to be at a 90 degree angle unless I persuade them to be straight.

- I'm not super pleased at how limited her poses are so far. She is single-jointed and I'm still getting used to posing dolls so maybe she'll be better with more handling.

Mixed feelings at the moment. On the one hand, I feel closer to her after doing her faceup and tattoos, but on the other hand, I really dislike how stiff and limited her poses are, which is making it difficult for me to enjoy handling her (I almost prefer her disassembled lol!). I especially wish she can do a kneeling position or can sit up with her feet level, but so far I haven't been able to get her to do either pose. I am highly tempted to resell her within the next three weeks or so since I fell in love with a larger doll and feel that YOSD size dolls are too small for me, but I'm a little concerned that I'll be selling at a loss.