1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Limhwa ToYou discussion part 1

Apr 17, 2006

1. this might be a stupid question, but has anyone tried My Scene Barbie for shoes? they're large (though i don't know what they're like on the inside, which is the problem....) if anyone finds the shoe-remedy, please post about it!! :D

i don't have a ToYou yet, but i'm waiting for a restock. once i get my gal, i'll be making some dresses for her. i have some 1/6 doll/barbie patterns that i could adjust, hopefully without too much trouble. some outfits include: ballerina, fairy, a queen elizabeth-looking dress, with that frilly ruffle thing at the neck! O___O;;, and a bridal gown all on the same pattern. then i have a 20s/30s collection pattern with an ungodly adorable hat and coat, i think a dress/suit, and then another pattern for medieval dresses. has anyone else tried making clothes for their ToYou, or has anyone altered readymade 1/6 clothing? i'm really curious to see how they came out! :D

<3 momo

2. Unless I'm wrong, My Scene Barbie does not have shoes, she has feet with shoes molded and painted on them, Like Bratz. She changes feet, not shoes.

Also - very few people so far have customized and posted their ToYou and one is a guy named Jen from Taiwan who doesn't speak English (Limhwa posted his photos). I think once the 1st order ToYou's are customized by their owners and posted, we will know more about what fits. The 2nd order has not shipped yet, so I do not have my doll yet.

Carolyn

3. Nope. Unless they've changed them in the past couple of years, My Scene Barbies have standard Barbie high-heel feet that fit into the oversize boots and shoes (and, sometimes, molded giant feet with sandals on them). You just jam the doll's feet into them and they stay on. I think they must be pretty small on the inside, and probably don't have a fully open or hollow area where the foot would usually go. (I hope that makes sense to someone besides me.:? )

They're tight on Barbie legs (the boots have slots in the back for that reason), and I'd be afraid of getting even a very tiny jointed foot jammed in there and pulling it off! :shudder

Edit: Why am I even reading this thread? I don't have a ToYou and I don't want one. I don't I don't I don't I don't I don't!!!

4. I got the dress, wigs, eyes I ordered for her! Now she just needs to get here...oh and get a face. *laugh* They eyes are so tiny I can barely see any color. I think I might have to end up getting better eyes in the end.

I also have no ideas what to do for shoes. Maybe she'll be ok w/ being barefoot since it's summer. *laugh*

5. The caligirl barbie has big feet, they are 31mm by 1/2 inch, and they are flat. Toyou's are 27mm by 1/2 inch.
      I am really hopeful about these. I got one of these barbies and she fits into some dangergirl boots that I got off a 12 nch girl figure. So I am hopeful about these also. These are pretty cool in that the boots come apart into a lower shoe part and a upper spat like part that fits over. I'll let you know how these work when I get my Toyou.

6. I don't know about shoes or clothes for my girl--she is standing barefoot and naked, without even a faceup or body blushing, next to my monitor. She poses like a DREAM. Wake me up.

7. I wonder if Cali girl's feet are the same size as Teen Skipper? I thought I read somewhere that they have the same body. Anyone have a Teen Skipper?

I hope to make some sandals like the ones Jen made. If that's a thick craft foam sole it should be easy to experiment with something similar.

BTW - I wonder if anyone getting a ToYou also has a Soul Kimmy? He is about 2 cm taller than ToYou (4/5 of an inch) and might make a cute partner.

Carolyn

EDIT - A shoe seller told me Teen Skipper feet are Her foot is just under an inch long and is 5/16 inches wide at the widest point, making them smaller in length and width than ToYou's.

8. Just wanted to add that I ordered a ToYou minus package the other day! I'm really excited about getting her; Catrina said that the shipment should ship out any day now (I'm assuming she means from Korea to USA).

arpowell has a Little Kimmy as well as a ToYou; she mentioned they make a cute pair in her feelers/fs post in the marketplace.

I have the eyes covered so far; I ordered about 15 pairs from Artistique ^^; -- never can be sure what she'll look best in, y'know. i only allowed myself to get 2 pocket fairy wigs from poshdolls though (black and blonde). hopefully one of those will be suitable. i don't even know what to name her yet! (i guess i'll figure that out once she gets here.)

9. Oh goody, this looks like the ToYou waiting thread. As you can see from my sig, I have a ToYou on the way. She is a Minus set, so I have to make a wig for her, which won't be hard. I, like others on this thread, am baffled about what to do for her shoes. Since I collect and customize plastic action figs, I'm sure I'll be able to rustle up something.

Anyone know where I can get cheap eyes for her? I'm so excited to have a 1:6 pre-teen girl character in my Web comic...See below for details...

--MW

10. I just received a Kimmy I bought from a different member, and I'm expecting ToYou in the upcoming shipment. I have lots of faceup materials for ToYou but I drink too much caffeine, my eyesight is not great, I have never done a faceup, and I am chicken. So I can't wait to see how that turns out.

For cheap eyes you could try Volks US but I think their shipping is about 7.50 and they have very few colors in 6mm.

http://www.volksusa.com/doll-eyes-acrylic-eye.html

You can also find 6mm eyes on Ebay but read the description because one seller incorrectly calls eyes with 6mm irises "6mm eyes".

One downside - my experience with inexpensive tiny eyes is that sometimes you get a pair with an offcenter or different size iris.

Carolyn

11. ModernWizard - http://www.shopartistique.com/ has the best eyes in 6mm EVARRRR! they're so tiiinyyy!! i have volks dollfie plus eyes in my catsy, and i think the artistique eyes are much better. the dollfie plus eyes are cloudy, but the artistiques are crystal clear. and about $7 cheaper, which is better in the long run.

this is momokeen from LJ, by the way. maybe i have a color you want? i could send you a pair; i don't think my girl will need 5 different shades of blue....

12. LIMHWA ORDER 2.0 SHIPPED FROM KOREA JUNE FIRST.

We anticipate the dolls to arrive in the USA on Monday or Tuesday.

We will then ship all the dolls out via the airport within 24 hours.

Hillary
      :hamster:
      Limhwa's assistant

13. YYEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! XD

14. Hurrah, hurray. I am so excited. I have so much stuff for her to try. I even got her a 1/6 scale marx horse. I must be crazy.

15. Does anyone know the measurements for Bratz clothes? Do you think they'd fit a ToYou, even at a stretch?

I don't have any to try out (lots of Barbie & some Jenny clothes), so if anyone has any, would they be able to make a report?

16. I have a very few Bratz boy clothes that I'm planning to try on her. I also have some Only Hearts Club to see if it fits.

Can't wait!!

--MW:sneaky

17. my sister has bratz clothes i can steal for experimentation, but i'm leaning toward the girl clothes being a bit too tight, even if they stretch. :-/

18. i got my toyou yesterday! first impression: she's GORGEOUS!! i really like her scale, her posability is amazing and i can tell that her sculpt is versatile. (can't wait to see everyone's faceups!)

i spent the better part of last night going through my old barbie clothes (from the 80s/90s), my scene barbie clothes, jenny and licca clothes to see what looked best. for the most part, the my scene barbie shorts fit great! the shirts vary depending on model (halters are too wide for her boobs, so they're a bit too revealing). jenny clothes fit a bit better in my opinion, and the few skipper clothes i have fit really well! the one licca dress i have looks really cute on her too. :3

i put together some outfits that look really cute (i didn't get to sew anything for her yet though) and i can't wait to take pictures (after she's ready). i haven't thought up a name yet, or decided which pair out of the 11-or-so i have to use for her @____@;; (i think i have too many choices now).

19. I got my toyou as well. And so far- barbie tops are not so good, some of the little skirts fit. I also got a number of monique wigs- not so good they are size 4 and are floating on her head. I think she may be strung a little tight, cause I cant get her to bend her neck, or lift her legs for sitting. I think I am going to see if I can find a finer elastic, cause this stuff looks MSD sized. THe cali girl boots fit her feet, but her thighs look like they are floating in them, same with they cy world , danger girl boots. I'll eventually take pics. I am curious about bratz clothing- any one have some to try on her?