1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Limhwa ToYou discussion part 1

Apr 17, 2006

1. my little lovely arrived yesterday. i haven't had time to play with her much yet though. but she's gorgeous--almost so pristine + perfect that i don't want to paint her up, hehe!

2. I tried some things on ToYou today.

* Wigs *
      I tried on about 5 dollfie plus wigs and they all fit strangely. Some seemed a bit loose in the cap but tight in the elastic and would not stay down, but I think those would be cute with something to hold them on. Some had very partial or non-stretch caps and would also need velcro or something. I may be able to do something with all of them.

*Shoes*
      Antina's 1 3/8 inch long leather slipon shoes are much too wide.
      A couple of expensive pairs of leather slipons that may be handmade for antique dolls sort of fit - very tight in length but width was better though still a little wide and high. I will have to look up who sold them to me on Ebay.

*Clothes*
      The jeans from Momoko doll Everyday B-Girl fit ok. They were lowcut for Momoko so they are really lowcut on ToYou, and were hard to snap in the back. On Momoko (who legs are skinnier) these particular jeans were loose jeans that piled up at the ankles some because they were made extra long. They still do that on ToYou also but they are more fitting than loose on ToYou. I don't think tight Momoko jeans would fit ToYou. The Momoko tank top from this set looks like it will fit ToYou but I did't try it yet.

I tried on several Barbie tops that did not fit. One unbranded top did fit - it was white stretch lace with U-neck and tight long sleeves. It was a nightmare getting the top on ToYou because her pinky and thumb poked through the stretch lace over and over as I worked the sleeves up her arms.

An unbranded pair of Barbie capris fit.

A handmade Tiny Kitty sweater and skirt set looks like the skirt will fit and the off-shoulder sweater will be too wide.

I had a lot of trouble with little Barbie sleeveless tops. I bought mostly sleeveless because I thought they would be easier to take in, but as someone said previously, if they have points that are supposed to be above each breast, those end up practically in ToYou's armpits. And anything lowcut on Barbie ends up showing way too much on ToYou.

Carolyn

3. Fits - re the elastic and sitting

My ToYou has the same problem. Her thighs don't want to be at a full 90 degree or less angle to her torso so she can't sit on the edge of a counter in a stable way. I don't think she would sit in a straight back chair easily either. I too was trying to figure out why, so let me know if thinner elastic works for you.

However, the way she's strung right now she's amazingly good at standing so I hope that doesn't change.

Her arms are great at holding a variety of poses, unlike my Kimmy's whose seem to pop out of his elbow joints at the slightest provocation (sorta like the original Banji knees).

BTW - has anyone found or made doll name icons yet for Limhwa dolls?

Carolyn

4. I have to say, my Kimmy's arm joints pop out without provocation, but my Metel's don't.

A little offtopic-- My Metel is strung with different elastic than my Kimmy--- is your with white elastic, or just rubber elastic? My Kimmy came with rubber elastic, while my Metel came with white coated elastic (like the rest of my dollies)

?

5. I tried to get a Bratz Dress on ToYou (the white embroidered slip dress several people have used as a loose dress on Banji). I could not get it up over ToYou's butt (which surprised me because I thought Bratz had pretty big butts).

And finally! Something that fits great - a fairly current skirt and jacket suit made for Takara Jenny. I got that from Hong Kong I think, via Ebay. Too bad most of Jenny's clothes are crotch-high froofy pink things or have "Jenny" printed all over them.

Another fit is a handmade outfit for Momoko. The top does not stretch and is tight over the bust and hips but I did get the snaps closed. The waistband of the skirt is loose but I am not sure where the waistband fit Momoko since the top hides the waistband.

Blythe clothes may also fit ToYou since I have seen many things listed as being for Jenny, Dollfie, Momoko or Blythe. If someone has a Blythe maybe they could try something made specifically for Blythe to see how it fits ToYou. My Blythe measurement on page one of this thread lists 10.5 cm as the bust measurement I found for Blythe so Blythe is a bit smaller there than ToYou, but I think stretchy tops would work. Blythe's arms look like they are much shorter and thinner than ToYou's so tight or long sleeves may not work.

And Margarita - yes my Kimmy seems to be strung with uncoated tan elastic.

Carolyn

6. Limhwa does string them really really tight. We've noticed that. We haven't tried stringing them looser but it might be an interesting experiment to see what happens to posing ability.

We really love our ToYou here....

Hillary
      :hamster:

7. I love mine too. She just to cute and very versatile. I tend to like my dolls a little loose in terms of stringing. I rarely want them to stand. I like them to drape. I am having wigs problems though. I guess I'll have to do velcro to get them to stay on.
      I am finding that the barbie bottoms fit well. Fashion fever and the cali girl pants. Just shirts are a little off.

8. I think tops specifically made for Jenny and possibly just stretchy tops made for Blythe and Momoko might fit ToYou best. And probably Volks/Azone tops for 27cm female dolls.

There is a lot of inexpensive stuff for Blythe on Ebay. I bought a few things to see how they fit. On the first page of this thread (I think) I have some comparative measurements of various fashion dolls with ToYou. I got the measurements from the web so I cannot guarantee that they are the measurements of the current body styles of those fashion dolls. And for anyone who sews, there you can buy pricey pattern books from Japan on Ebay that have Blythe and Momoko patterns.

For shoes, I think I will have to try to make some sandals like Jen from Taiwan did. Does Cali girl have any shoes? Or just boots?

Carolyn

9. I have only found boots. There is actually more then 1 tye of Cali- the 2005 has the big feet and is scented (pretty weird vanilla scent) the previous years, have tiny feet. But just so you know, the boots are cowboy boots, and they fit the feet, but look big in the calf- so they are not optimal. Hopefully since this is a new type of barbie, they will make some additional shoes for her. I have been keeping an eye out, but the dolls are either sold barefoot or with cowboys, that I have seen. And thanks for the top advice, let me know if the Blythe stuff fits. And are pullips the same size body? I dont want to blow any more on clothes and wigs that dont fit. I think I will try adding elastic the the wigs and see if that works.

10. I bought a ToYou from a seller on ebay, and she shipped today, yay! :aheartbea I collect Blythe & Pullip as well as BJD, so I have lots of clothes to try on her when she comes.

11. What wigs did you get? So far everything I tried on her seemed a bit small (mostly Dollfie Plus wigs).

Carolyn

12. Weird, the Dollfie wigs I tried on her were just a wee bit big and slip off. The Dollfie dress was also a bit big. I will have to take pictures for you guys. I need to send poor Anna off to get her faceup. But, first I have to find someone to do it. :(

13. I successfully put my ToYou in Bratz Boyz pants and a stretchy white T-shirt. Barbie Fashion Fever jackets look okay on her too. I still have no idea what to put her in for shoes, though.

Sarahdipity -- where are you in MA?

--MW

14. I got a Monique tiffany and chari wig. They are to big around the base/crown of the head. They are barbie wigs. I hope I dont have to end up making all her wigs! She seems to have a tall head proportionally.

15. I'm out in Amherst. Mmm western mass.

16. Somewhere I have some Volks stuff for securing wigs - it's very thin but I am not sure if is like a Velcro or something sticky. The dollfie wigs I got with full stretch cap can be pulled down on ToYou's head easily but will not stay down, despite the weight of the long hair. It slips UP her head. And the other wigs just do not seem to have full caps.

Re faceup - I plan to try it myself but I'm very insecure on whether I have the ability to do it, and especially whether I can do something I will be happy with.

Carolyn

17. Hey I am in Mass too.

18. Cherryghost - That's great you will have lots of stuff to try on! I think Blythe slacks, even if they fit, will be too short for ToYou but it would still be good to know how they fit. I have several Barbie capris and a wrinkled lot of Barbie jeans I still have to try on ToYou. I bought a little Blythe dress and T-shirt and a couple of other pieces on Ebay that I hope to have soon.

BTW KB Toys has some cheap single Barbie outfits called Designer's Choice - this may be a different manufacturer than the Kari Mitchell fashion sets which are also called Designer's Choice. The single fashions are just $2.99. Most of the tops look too big for ToYou or have wrists that are too tight, but for $2.99 you could just buy them for the skirts or slacks. I got a cute running suit (gray with lavender velour) and the slacks fit great but I cannot get her hands through the cuffs of the jacket. There were some cute skirts I may go back for. Unfortunately, the selection at my KB Toys was not great - there are some cuter outfits shown on the back of the package.

Carolyn

19. Wow, the ToYou's are invading the state. *laugh*

20. My ToYou arrived today! :aheartbea :aheartbea :aheartbea I'm totally enamoured with her. She's just so petite and delicate and detailed and lovely, and she poses like a dream! I rounded up some of my ladies and took some comparison shots with other similar sized dolls:

[​IMG]
      From left to right: Riley, my SDC Kaede; Isobel, a Pullip Anne Shirley; a Fashion Fever-type Barbie; Anemone, my ToYou; Esther, a Blythe; and finally Scout, my little Elfdoll Min del Ray.

As you can see just by looking at them, Blythe pants are a no go on ToYou - Blythe's legs are much shorter, and the pants wind up a bit tight. However, ToYou and Pullip's body shapes and sizes are really quite similar.

[​IMG]
      The same lineup sitting. ToYou sits up very nicely without having to lean forward or backwards excessively.

[​IMG]
      Standing, minus Barbie. My Kaede is solid as a rock and will stand just about anywhere with very little trouble. ToYou stood perfectly well on the floor, but when I put her on the blanket she got a little wobbly, although I was still able to get her to stand pretty steadily in the end. Pullip and Blythe, of course, need the aid of stands.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and a few posing comparisons with Riley. At this point Anemone demanded the photos be stopped until she had rested and was given a faceup, wig, and eyes, which seemed reasonable, so I complied. :lol: I did get to try some clothes on her, though, and so far I've had the most success with the Who's That Girl pieces: they fit really nicely on her, give or take some things being a bit loose and others a bit tight.

Well, now I'm going to stop typing finally and get to work on this faceup. :blush