1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Limhwa ToYou discussion part 1

Apr 17, 2006

1. Adorable shots! Go ToYou!!

I have a ToYou of my own, and here is my confession.

I play with her all the time. When I get so many phone calls, I have her next to my phone and I am posing her and moving her arms and legs while I'm talking. I put her next to my bed, and sometimes I unwind by playing with her. (OK, so my husband finds her under my pillow sometimes?!? He knows better not to say anything ?!?!?) I also sometimes destress with a nice long bath, and there is ToYou with me, while I'm soaking in the tub. There is something so relaxing about posing her and playing with her... and her size and expression. I love looking at all her tiny details and moving her legs. She's just great therapy after a long stressful day. I can't really put it into words. I haven't taken her with me anywhere in my purse, but that's next I'm sure. Cellphone? ToYou? Keys? Ok, ready to go...

^_^
      Catrina

2. thank you muchly for the comparison photos :)
      (and hehe, my name is rilee, but without the y)

3. Cherryghost? Is your Pullip's body the original Pullip body? It looks very similar to a 1/6 Obitsu body. I haven't seen a lot of Pullips but don't they usually have a slightly different body?

http://www.obitsu.co.jp/eng/obitsubody/fr_g02.html

BTW - On the first page here you can see my photoshop scaled mockup comparisons between ToYou and other 1/6 girls, and on the second page I have a scaled mockup of ToYou with several fashion dolls.

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52640

Carolyn

4. Carolyn.S: yup, it's the second version Pullip body type, all three of my Pullip girls have it. :) (there are two other body types, though, so maybe the ones you've seen have had those?)

Just took a few more pictures of my girl, with faceup and clothes this time. They're right over here.

5. Wow great photos, Cherryghost, thanks for the comparison shots of the blythe and pullip. I really like your pullip- very cute. Now for more questions- will her shoes fit toyou? because her feet seem a similar length though a different width.

6. I've heard her feet are 24mm so I am guessing Blythe's shoes will only fit ToYou if they are large on Blythe. But maybe body 2 is different.

Carolyn

7. So - Cherryghost has finished her faceup and has pics in the gallery. I am wondering how far along anyone else is? So far, I have managed to do nothing, not even remove her head. Anyone doing better? I would love to hear your progress - maybe it will spur me to take the plunge.

Carolyn

8. Very nice body blush Giantbeetle! And I like the way her mouth looks open - darker paint inside?

Carolyn

9. thanks! (i replied on the other thread too) yes, i used darker paint inside. i wanted her to look a bit wistful. :)

10. I sent a message to Limhwa and she told me this week that some Blythe shoes fit ToYou.

11. Oooh that is good news, but I need more specifics. Right now mines stomping around in big cowboy boots. And dolly holic you were right about the stringing- after playing with her non stop her stringing is perfect.

12. You did a really good job, but I'm too scared to work so small! ToYou is going to be my next purchase, but I'm going to buy her a faceup.

13. If anyone wants the artist to do facepaints for their ToYou from past orders... I can always ask her if she'd do it for you. I wish I had the skills myself... I hope to hire some artists around here who can help people out.

catrina

14. Yay I just ordered my ToYou!

15. Grats Stella! If it ever stops raining here I hope to get mine coated and coax myself to paint her! I am inspired by the Limhwa faceups but I wish there were more closeups.

Carolyn

16. Just a little tiny resin headsup..

I am now working with Limhwa to get shoes for ToYou. She says she found some that fit quite well. I will post more when I hear from her on specifics...

We are also making some exhibit dolls for the BJD convention in Texas. These will be ToYou's in fairy dresses with crowns like you saw in the faceup ideas. The wigs on those dolls are handmade, and I am getting 5 of them. If anyone wants them in the future, I could possibly get them. What I liked about them is that they are very thin and close-fitting. Figures they are rather expensive and handmade, but I think they really look great.

Oh, another thing. We are going to make some of the bigger Limhwas now in French resin. But Limhwa told me she can't make ToYou in French resin because she will become too transparent (*eek!*) Thought you guys would enjoy knowing that!
      That's it from me!
      Catrina

17. Look here Catrina! I NEED shoes for my ToYou and of course a fairy dress with crown! I'm going to call the damn doll Veruka Salt when she comes. She wants it now! BTW I met CherryGhost's ToYou Anemone all decked out in WTG duds...barefoot! But still adorable! So glad I don't have to paint that teeny tiny itty bitty cute lil face!

18. Dollyholic -

Can you find out what brand and size of eyes were used in the beautiful faceup inspiration ToYou dolls? I really like the iris size and colors.

Carolyn

19. I'm so excited about my ToYou! I have about a million Barbie patterns to knit for her however she will need Ahem Dollyholic are you listening? SHOES! She'll have a naked Lucy to keep her company, although I just found out Only Hearts fit her!