1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Limited dolls, quantity?

Mar 20, 2007

1. CP Woosoo was limited to 150 I do believe, but I can't remember if that was for everyone, or just the american site. =x I'm thinking it was for everyone.

Dollshe Bermann originals I believe were 77? The extra heads that were sold after I have no clue.

This time around there are 77 DO ones being released and 33 SD ones. =3

2. 77 DOs? Please translate.

Anneke

3. Dollshe Do Bermann, originally there were 77 complete ones, then another set of 77 came out, and now there are 77 Anu styled Bermanns a bit less than half still currently being made, and still 33 original SA Bermanns. Heads were released on their own, and tan ones were made, but they're not 100% complete Bermanns.

4. Haha, SA, I knew I was getting one of the terms wrong. x_X

So, basically, the short version:

DO Original Bermann - 77
      DO Bermann re-release - 77
      DO Bermann Anu style - 77
      SA Bermann Anu style - 33

Then various heads and tanned ones released between the original 77 and the Anu style ones, which aren't really counted for but aren't full Bermann dolls (save for the tan ones, I do believe.)

5. Only one set of Original 77s were released that I know of. I think people get confused because the 77 were broken up into 2 orders. The first order that began in Nov. of 2003 were of 50 dolls. Then 27 more were open for order (first in Korea, then allowing some international orders at this time) in April of 2004. Still, the total original DO's were 77. There were then 33 Original SAs released in Korea followed by 50 heads only.

As far as I know there weren't any DO Bermann heads released alone (????correct me if I'm wrong? Shoofy??).

And of course Tensiya has their re-releases of 77 Bermann and 33 SAs with body improvements from the originals (no extra knee pieces, head cap magnets and new pieces to hold the elastic in the heads).

6. I've heard otherwise about the first 77s but maybe I misunderstood the person, but yes I meant SA Bermann heads were sold separately, not the Do Bermann, sorry for vagueness^^

7. I'm curious how many YoSDs are released... My parents asked me and I really had no clue. x.x

8. Volks limiteds that aren't compilations or limited only to Japan are really up for grabs number-wise. It would be really hard to track the number down due to original release, after-event, lottery, and then the re-release on Thanksgiving.

9. Volks has never given numbers for them. The only ones I know are the very short "renewal" stock of Rengemaru, Suzuna, Rengemaru-SD, Suzuna-SD, Piccolo and Anne which went up on Volks USA on Thanksgiving in 2006, there were 3 of each. But that was not a release or a rerelease, it was just Volks putting old stock up on the site.

10. Uhm...that's not true hun :sweat

There are [Korean only]:
      - 77 Original Bermanns
      - 77 Do Bermanns
      - 33 Sa Bermanns
      - 50 SA Bermann heads

and for us [worldwide]:
      - 77 Do Bermanns
      - 33 SA Bermanns

But of course I could be very wrong...hehe

11. Christy is right.
      cuz i was the one translated everything between her and the head of the Bermann Cyworld club, Setsu.

- there were 77 full set Bermanns released.
      first 50 released then 27 followed.
      - later there were 33 SA realeased. at the same time, they had 50 SA heads only.
      and they started to call the orginal ones DO Bermann to make the difference.
      (so there aren't the 77 orginals and the 77 DOs, they are the SAME)
      - then there are the Anu style Bermanns.
      i'm not sure of the quantity, cuz the Koreans can't buy the Anu style Bermanns.. T- T
      Anu style is still comin up.

- and there were the ST(suntan) Bermanns released ONLY for the Korean Bermann owners.
      they were FULL SET
      (tanned DO head and SA head with hound body,
      the Tenshiya(Anu style) ST Bermanns hav the same hound body, not the improved Bermann body.
      these were released to the owners that r listed on the Bermann Cyworld Club in Korea,
      and also these were limited for one set per one owner. (doesn't matter how many Bermanns one has)
      we had to make promise that we won't sell them to anybody.
      not even to another Korean Bermann owner.
      and if we do so, Setsu has the right to take the doll and distroy(sounds harsh, i know)
      this was becuz it was a present from Dollshe as 'thank u'
      it doesn't mean that he gave them to us for free, don't make mistakes here.

i hope that clears this out!

12. For some reason this thread totally facinates me!! :) I don't have anything to add since Lati Aida is the only one I knew how many were and that's already been said! hehe but I would love to know how many of the DoD fullsets were released. Shall, Lahoo, Camine, E. Ducan .... okay you get the picture lol. If anyones know I would love to know, just curiosity for me.

13. I'm not updating Bermann any more (well atleast for awhile). I want to know about other dolls.

-Anneke

14. this is seriously so interesting, def, subscribing to see, O-O

ive always wondered about the actual numbers released since i feel like the US owners are easier to track thanks to this site and others alike but all the international owners, god ><a;lkjsd

15. Wasn't CP/Luts Yder Elf limited to 200? Not sure if that was worldwide or US only, or if Liria got extras.

16. Dollmore seems to do their LEs in batches of 5 or 10. They tell you on the purchase-page. Examples:

-Angelic Scars Adam (Amos) & Angelic Scars Eve (Miso) - LE10
      -Black Pabianne Hwi Ki & Neel - LE5
      -Abyss of Baikal Kyle & Bonnie - LE10

IpleHouse also tells you how many are in an LE run, on the purchase-page. They tend to make batches of 20 or 10. Examples:

-Tan Soo Ri, LE20 (5 v1, 15 v2)
      -Tan Lion, LE10
      -Louis fullset, LE20
      -Light Cocori mobility, holiday dress edition - LE30 (10 regular, 20 mobility leg)

Volks! Volks has SO many limiteds, and they never give out numbers. :doh The entire Tokyo Boys series, plus their special sub-releases & re-releases, gahh... I'll never know how many others there are out there.

SD13:
      Shiro Tachibana
      Shiro Tachibana After School Version
      Tsukasa Konoe
      Isao Nanjou
      Isao Nanjou Haute Edition
      Jun Tachibana

SD16: Yukinojo Sawaragi

Especially for the Haute Editions & the After School rerelease, I am really curious to know how many there are. Those are probably more limited than the original LE... but there's no way to know.

And what about all the other themed LE releases, like last year's 'Harajuku Memories': SD13 Tony & MSD Hewitt 2.

All the SDCutes are also LEs, whether or not they're from a themed release:

-SDC Arashi, Miko, Ren, Kaede, etc.
      -SDC Kurt

For Unoas & Unoa Lights: Does anyone know if it's standard, how many they release of everything? Seems like they're all limited because they go in batches every year.

And for AngelRegion... all I know about my little Present Ren LE is that he was offered for sale for 2 weeks in 2005, and then that was it. (Sale dates, not even a ballpark number of how many they made!)

17. I'm surprised no one did a list like this before.

-Anneke

18. I'm not sure, but believe that Elfdoll RuRu was a limited edition of 100.

19. Limited numbers have been discussed... I think in threads like "How limited is your doll" (would have to search it). BUT no one had tried to compile all the information AFAIK... Usually because it's so difficult!

This is a fascinating thread! Thanks for doing it! :)

20. Soom Mecha Angel is a limited for now. 50 dolls is all that was released.
      Soom Brown Tan Godo was 10 dolls
      Soom Dimu- Black Angel was 6 dolls