1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Limiting the BJD Addiction

Oct 28, 2004

1. I want one more, period. The funny thing is, I am not quite sure just "who" that last one is.

I really like my dolls coupled up, and my Hound, Armand doesn't yet have a pal.

I don't see myself as a collector. I don't feel compelled to just keep getting them. Every doll I bought was bought to meet a specific function (having a sewing model in every size), and once I find Armand's perfect lady. I will quite comfortably be done with buying BJD.

2. I would like to stop at one. But the problem is, I have two right now, and the one I'd like to stop with, the only one I'd like to have, isn't one that I have right now. I've realized a little too late that I'd rather ony like one particular doll. But now I've got two dolls that need two others, and one of the two I already have I desperately don't want to give up, but I can't have the one doll that I want without not having anyone else. Such a predicament! ;o;

3. *gives you <3 and support*

4. I am a doll collector in general, but I've had to be very selective with BJD's on account of the price, mainly. Thankfully, none of the dolls I've fallen for are limiteds, or FCS's, and my other doll collecting (Bratz, international costume dolls and the dollfies I customise) has slown to a crawl, so I can save that money for buying BJD's. I was originally planning to stop at four, then I saw Soom Gena and CP Yder, and plan to buy them eventually.
      I also have something of a fixation on pairing my dolls up, so I've got to keep that in mind. I still refuse to pay more than $500 for an SD-sized doll, and more than $300 for an MSD-sized one, that helps, too :oops:

5. There are always gonna be more boys that I want, so I really can't say I could ever stop. In the very least though, I've kind of limited myself to just Volks boys... :oops: Dolls from other companies rarely tend to peak my interest anymore.

6. I plan on getting those in my sig and stopping. That'll be 5 total. It really depends though if someone else hollars at me to get them too.

7. Basically, I've stopped at two. "Mine" are Lucien and Stefan; Shouta, Rowan, and Elrick are Kuwamiko's. So together we have five. :oops:

I'm very happy with Lucien and Stefan and I have no plans to buy any more dolls.

I'm not going to say never, though; it is possible they'll release a doll that I decide I absolutely HAVE to have. I really hope that's not for a long time, because I just want to enjoy the boys that own me now!

I didn't plan on getting another doll after Lucien. I said "this is it for a good long time." Then Stefan stole into my heart.

8. When I first decided to get Azure, I swore that I would only get him and then Angel to keep him company. Now. . . I don't know. I'd like to get Angel's twin brother, Azriel, but then I'd have to get Jiiro for Azure (and although Hound is lovely, he's not quite right for Jiiro, though he comes close). I could get Jiiro and not Azriel, but not the other way around.

And I'm really starting to like Azri the more of his story I write. Darn it.

9. I've decided that there are dolls I -must- have for my collection. Those are (in no particular order):

Unoa Lusis (or sist, it depends)
      Petite Ai Anael (prefer Domuya Christmas version)
      Liz (still a maybe)
      Heath (perhaps this boy could stay hehe)
      Cyndy (head)
      Madoka (head)

But in all honesty, if I couldn't get anymore dolls than the ones I have right now, I would be completely and totally happy. :grin:

I'm hoping that by next year, I'll be able to get my Lusis or Anael. I'd -really- like to geta Lusis. I'm dyin' for one! :lol:

10. ^ ^ I don't have a particular stopping point, but I do have a few dolls that I can own and be happy with.

- Ttori (on his way ; ;...)
      - Chiwoo (christmas, if I'm extra good? ; ; )
      - Boy!Lishe/Boy!Soony (...can't...decide...)
      - Yder (goddamn ._. I hate you, CP)

Fortunately, I will not buy dolls that look "different" next to one another. :D So that limits me<3 Yay for wanted limits.

11. Well, I've got six that I want because they'll literally 'flesh out' a prexisting family. After that, I want a Hound from Anu, and maybe a BF Jerome (Would LOVE to get the FMA one...) Other than that...I'm not going to limit myself, but I'm only going to get dolls if they really strike me. ^__^

12. This was my excuse to myself... buT why have I ended up with 4 SD13 boyS ? :)

I would like a Chiwoo.. but he will wait.. and I would like some bodies for a few heads (need 4 bodies!!!) ..Even a f16 would be great....but thats way down the track. Any spare pennies now are going towards shoes and accessories etc for the current team AND to reduce the doll debt.

13. I totally see you love all of your girls- it's so obvious!
      I'm bad though since I don't think anyone should have to stop unless they really want to. All of the things we could spend money on, I'm sure BJD isn't the worst. :lol:

14. Is this a trick question???? Just kidding...seriously, I keep SAYING no more...but my will power has left the building. I honestly thought after I got my first one that I would be satisfied...HA! Big joke. I just got an Unola Light a short time ago and now I'm so in love with her that I really, really, really want a Sist. I'm telling myself THAT will be the last one... :roll:

Stay tuned...

Az

P.S. I forgot I have an ElfDoll Adel on the way...does that count??????????

P.S.S. Have you all seen the new Happy Doll Tinies?????? *Curls up and Dies of Cuteness*

15. I feel like I have enough of the resin dolls (one boy, one girl, and a mini)...I can't say I'll never buy another one though. I'm content with my two DD girls...but again if another one comes along that is so irresistably cute I know I'll have a breakdown LOL.

16. I have one doll, and I've only had him for a month... But I know that I won't be collecting a large amount.

When I first got into doll collecting, and with every different type of dolls that I've liked, my initial reaction is always "I want a lot of them!". This usually subsides after a month or two, though, especially if I actually buy one. I love the photos, and think many different molds are gorgeous, but it turns into more of a feeling of appreciation than an undying lust to own them. I like the one mini I have, and will likely get a girl SD sometime in the future, but other than that my plans to buy dolls has been turning more to customizing possibilities and potentials. I think that's even more dangerous, though... ^.~

Also, I don't hardly have enough room for one! Lol, my mini might get territorial if I bring anyone else home.... :grin:

17. I started out thinking, well 1 would make great company! but then since I'm away all day she needed a companion, but now I see a great potential companion, Chamomile, not to mention eventually I would love to get a Berman...

18. I could've very easily stopped at Gabriel, but I didn't... I got Michael... and I plan to get them a sister (well... she's gonna be a fallen angel... but still) and I also want a kid-delf...

19. I'm aiming for one per family member at this point.

(I have one, my daughters each crave one, and I'm doing my darnedest to turn my husband to The Dark Side. :D)

Otherwise, I could see getting at most one or 2 more for myself. Too many is probably too much maintenance, since these darned things make so many demands on one... :oops:

Kasai: "I want those boots! NOW!"
      Karisu: "If you hack my acct to get them, you Ball-Jointed Brat, you will be in SUCH trouble..."

The nice thing is having friends who have them, and getting together with each other. :)

20. I don't have mine yet, but I've decided 3 MAX. I know I want two siblings, and maybe one other, and that's where I draw the line. I have senior year expenses and then college expenses to worry about, so I really can't be spending tons of money on dolls, especially since I have to pay a good portion of them. Plus it helps that I'm extremely picky, so there aren't really that many that I could say I'd absolutely die without.