1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Limwha boy To L (tuel)

May 21, 2009

1. Hi everyone.

Been out of the loop a bit with this one. Buying a flat, and finishing an album over the past few months. Apologies all. I'm going to give Katrina a gentle PM prod as obviously we all still feel that we want info.

Hopefully we can still get some satisfaction.

Edit - Her inbox is full. Will try again tomorrow.

2. I think this is the extent of the answer you're going to get... Also, try emailing [email protected] rather than using the DoA PM system if the inbox is full.

3. I mentioned that I would post pictures when I have the replacement torso. I just can't get decent pictures that show the colour difference, but the replacement torso that was made in the order period after To L's order period is lighter and a bit more yellow than the tan doll I ordered at the same time as my To L.

I'd say my doll's tan colour is more like milk chocolate and the newer torso is more like cafe au lait. Not orange in my book and more suited for a light tan character. (Sadly the colour difference between my doll and the torso is large enough to make a swap between the damaged torso with the replacement too obvious. I did know there was a chance that could happen.)

Based on this, I'd say it's just hit or miss what kind of tan colour you get. To be honest I wouldn't mind getting a tan doll in either the darker tan of my doll or the lighter tan of the replacement torso, but the orange tan is too much of a miss.
      Maybe I can mail Solarsenshi one of my girl's high heeled feet as we won't be able to meet up, but it would be nice to see the difference between her tan To L and my tan girl as they are both from the same order period.

4. I got an update on the list. Just an extra number. ^_^

-skrya, tan - Nr. 1
      -Muisje, Pinky white French resin - Nr. 2
      -Mandagore, tan - Nr. 3
      -sylvian, tan - Nr. 5
      -SuBro_Design, tan - Nr. 6
      -abbie, Normal beige urethane - Nr. 7
      -solarsenshi, tan - Nr. 8
      -xomya4ok, Pinky white French resin - Nr. 10
      -aesha, Normal Beige urethane - Nr. 11
      -LadyNyssa, Normal beige urethane - Nr. 12
      -Surreality, tan - Nr. 13
      -Kittymaru, tan - Nr. 14
      -Aya, tan - Nr. 15
      -LaraT, tan - Nr. 16
      -Scissorhand, tan
      -sakuraharu, Pinky white French resin

Should we make a database for these boys? I still don't have any decent pictures of my To L. :sweat

5. Database is a nice idea. I've hardly seen any of the other boys around here... then again, "to l" is not searchable either.

Mine's #3, btw.

6. Edited the list.

Maybe something that fits in the search engine should be in the title like "limited Limhwa"?

7. That's a good idea, Muisje, since 'boy' cannot be searched for either, or am I wrong? I know I spent ages on the board hunting for pics...^^

8. Bumping up this thread, because I'm curious to hear what people have done with their To-Ls. Today I swapped wigs with mine and instead of a blonde, I think he looks better as a dark haired guy. Now he needs a new face-up and that makes me think I should perhaps mod his eyes half closed.

I guess that the database was never made (I didn't make one :sweat).

9. Here is my Chris on a masquerade. It's why his lady si from another epoch. ;)

[​IMG]

10. Your Chris looks very good! He has nice legs for such an outfit. ;)
      May I ask who did his face-up?

11. Thank you. Muisje, I think too, this outfit suits him very nice. )) And due to his legs, a friend of mine names him a ballett dancer.
      The face-up was done by our talentful Russian artist with a nick 'Liomi' - but I'm not sure whether she is registered here on DoA. But it is just stunning how the artist could realize what I want!

12. His face-up looks good. I was wondering who did it, because it didn't look like the default face-up and it's very light and natural, but gives him a strong look at the same time.

13. I gave my To-L a new face-up. Still trying to figure out the possibilities with this sculpt and still trying to improve my face-ups. Because of this, I'd really like to see more pictures of other people's To-Ls.
      Here's one of my Endeavour:
      [​IMG]

14. Thanks for posting full body pictures everyone. I've always liked this doll because he reminds of of Korean actor Lee Min Ho. I hope she releases more beautiful male dolls.

Is the body good at posing?

15. There's a body review with the discontinued slim torso here. To-L has the larger, more buff upper torso, but the posing is the same.