1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Little Genie by angelregion-tell me about them

Oct 23, 2007

1. Lilica just popped in to wave hello and show off a jumpsuit that was really for a Kelly doll but she wanted to try it on. Ooh ooh !!

[​IMG]

Cheers

May

2. She's so cute...I think that a certain Kelly doll is not going to be getting her outfit.

3. Poppet says, "Kelly schmelly, we rule!"
      [​IMG]

She's so cheeky, what can I say? I rather agree with her.

4. Maisiedotes and Valli, two darling girls with great outfits. My Kelly dolls are almost all naked because my tiny bjds keep stealing their clothes!

5. My two girls got to model at today's meetup:

[​IMG]
      Fee in a sundress

[​IMG]
      Grace modeling a new mod dress design...waiting on some new trim to finish them up, not digging the ricrac.

(Fee thinks Poppet's dress looks mighty familiar.... ;) )

6. Clochette, two darling styles from the '60s! Fee looks like a tiny hippy and Grace is a mod... what a memorable decade!

7. You caught me Robin. *ggg* Love the girls outfits. Grace is a cutie.

8. Thanks sfbeck, I've been trying to make some different styles with all the interesting fabric that's out there at the moment. Bright/mod print is everywhere!

Valli...that's actually Fee's favorite dress. She wears it whenever she goes someplace special :) It looks so good with her hair.

9. So many people with adorable tinies in this thread...I'm hoping that one of you might be able to help me out, since I'm a total noob. :sweat I bought a Risi for my daughter, and she's cute as can be - but she's strung so tightly that she keeps slapping herself in the face, kneeing herself in the tummy, and even lightly touching her head makes it jerk to the side! I looked for some kind of tutotial on restringing these teeny creatures, but I haven't been able to find one. Is it difficult to do? Are there even tools made for the job??

Any help would be SO appreciated! :chocoberry

10. Fee met a new friend at Wondercon this weekend

[​IMG]

The armor is resin, just like she is!

celga I just restrung Fee a week or so ago...it's not hard at all, and the only tools you really need is a pair of hemostats and some ribbon. Nothing fancy. Is there enough slack above the knot in her head to loosen it, perhaps?

11. ^ Lol, that picture is priceless!

Um...there's supposed to be a knot in her head? All I see is the S hook and a bit of the elastic that's looped over it. The knot must be hiding elsewhere. ^^;

Here she is, by the way, undoubtedly begging for help from anyone but me. She poses just fine...as long as we bend only one limb at a time, and at less than a 45 degree angle. Beyond that, she tends to start curling up like a dead spider. XD

[​IMG]

12. all i know is that they are really cute! sory i can't be more help then that.

13. The knot is probably slipped down into her body.

You could always try wiring her...thread some plastic-coated thin wires into the elastic channels of her arms and legs (like twist-ties they use to hold together cords when you buy something). They should go from ankle to hip on each leg, and thread one long one through the upper torso from wrist to wrist. That works really well on my Elfdoll tinys.

14. Thanks, clochette, I'll give that a try! I really need to suck it up and learn how to restring, though. I just wish I could find a tutorial aimed at these little ones in particular; I'm so afraid I'll take her apart and not be able to put her back together properly. :sweat

15. Honestly, they're not any different than the bigger kids, you only really need to be concerned with attaching the hands and feet. I usually replace the original string with stiff thread, like for stringing necklaces.

There are a ton of restringing tutorials on YouTube :)

16. Thanks so much for this information! I'm a fan of Angelregion but not of tiny-sized doll so I'm gladd you helped me out. You can edit the Wiki yourself by the way, not that I don't want to but it's nice to add your own first-hand information on i.e. prices.

17. Is it possible to bump up this thread!
      No more little Genie?Where are they all gone?My Lilica would like to say Hi!

[​IMG]

18. And Poppet waves hello too, though she seems rather busy riding her new car. LOL
      [​IMG]
      Can you believe it by ValliPink, on Flickr

Waving hello to Fee, too.