1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Little Things That Make You Happy?

Jun 5, 2017

1. Absolutely!

2. Resin that feels like parchment paper, clean and ready for the brush.
      When the doll holds a prop just so.
      Having all the materials in hand to finish a project!

3. -Finding a doll that upon first glance, I automatically fall for them and feel the drive to make a character for them.
      -Finding an outfit of piece of clothing that one of my dolls would look awesome in.
      -Getting those clothes home and putting your doll in them and the doll looking fantastic in them
      -The excitement of getting a dolls tracking number
      -When the status says "Out for Delivery"
      -The mail truck pulling up with that long awaited box
      -Opening up that long awaited box and first setting eyes on that doll 'in the flesh'.
      -That lovely smell of resin
      -Finding neat things at the store that I can use for my dolls.
      -Putting another dollar bill in the Doll Fund piggy bank

4. Just small things like hemming my own clothing and then realizing that the cut parts can be used for my doll to make a matching outfit.

Testing patterns on her before trying it out for myself & scaling

Having the piles of scrap fabric being used in projects and not wasted

5. - Having my crafting projects work out just how I wanted!
      - Coming home to a package, of course~
      - Finding the perfect sculpt for a character, and similarly-
      - Seeing a doll that sparks my creativity and inspires me to make a character!
      - Having people compliment my dolls, both on and off the forum.
      - Putting an outfit on a doll for the first time and having it fit perfectly and look adorable (especially when I was mixing and matching).

I could probably keep going, but...maybe another time. :3nodding:

6. - Something you worked on the night before looked terrible the night before, but the glue dried, you ironed it, you sanded it, etc, and now (surprisingly) it's perfect

- When you mod a doll and it turns out how you want. I've never had this not happen (although I've had to keep working on a mod when the first time I tried it it didn't work), but I've been terrified that it wouldn't a couple times

- When a finished doll looks how you planned it in general

- Teeth. Especially removable. I have a problem

- When someone else signs for your package/you don't have to sign for a package/the package you have to sign for comes on a weekend/you have time to go to the post office that weekend to get the package you were supposed to sign for while you were at work/the post office has hours that aren't 9-5 on weekdays

- You think you scratched your doll or chipped it but it's just a scuff that's buffable or dust

- Jointed hands with the extra thumb joint (3-part thumb instead of two)

- Mobility options for a body

- Freckles, moles, and body hair/beards

- Your dolly's style requires some fabric you've been stalking or some truly terrible or ugly fabric and you love that you can use it for someone that can't be made fun of

- When companies include a Magic Eraser in the box

- Silicone kips

- Neodymium magnets (they're only tangentially related to the hobby, but I use them in quite a few of my mods; they are fantastic)

- The feeling of the dremel/Xacto/whatever going through that last bit of resin you are trying to chop off (Now for the terrible ordeal of sanding, sanding, sanding...)

-
      [​IMG]

#26 americanseamstress, Jun 6, 2017
      Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    7. Oh man, I can't believe I forgot my favorite thing! (@americanseamstress reminded me...)

That moment when I'm looking at a doll and really like it, and the realize...it has teeth! :kitty1 I adore teeth on dolls~ (My favorite sculpt is DZ Carter, if that says anything.) It's just such a fantastic little detail that adds so much to a head, in my opinion. And they're so cute!

8. @KiyoshiSenshi

Teeth are the best! I'm glad to have someone else like them too!

I keep accumulating dolls with teeth or adding them myself--perhaps, eventually, all my dolls will have them! :XD:

9. I had fun reading this cute thread! :D So many things about dolls that make me happy too. ^^

- Just admiring their beauty when I'm having a photoshoot
      - Carrying my current favourite around in the house
      - Posing them with my pets or stuffed toys (or looking at photos of people's dolls with their pets)
      - Dressing them in a new outfit I've just completed
      - Finding the perfect outfit or wig that fits their character
      - Buying stuff in person at a doll store (this is seriously awesome!)
      - Having a photoshoot that turns into a photostory because they have their own ideas
      - Taking group photos (although posing them takes a while, it's fun at the same time. ^^ )
      - Finding miniature things or fake food that can work as props for them

10. The texture of Monique wigs. So silky!

The SD Delf Hands. After 8 years in this hobby they're still the most gorgeous softer style hands I have ever seen. The sculpting...

The teeny lil' bubbles you get in an artist's hand cast doll. I actually like them, they're often in hard to see spots but they are like little secret hints at the hands that made this doll.

A really good dye job is SO satisfying! Getting it to come out right! Booyah.

11. @Rosslyn YES seconding that Monique wigs one! I just got my second one in the mail today and I can't stop petting it :D

12. Opening the box of my first doll, my grail doll
      Knowing my two impulse buys were great decisions and loving them both!
      The feel of a new wig and new resin
      Finding the perfect pair of eyes!
      When you get a new doll and he has like no seams and is just perfect, wow!
      Dolls that stand up right out of the box
      Getting progress shots of your doll while they're out being painted

13. First box opening
      Red hair
      Freckles
      Photos turning out better than you expected
      A hybrid working out, especially when going in blind
      Getting a doll to stand
      Rubbing their smooth, smooth resin

• I love hunting for a used doll at a great bargain for my doll collection. :chomp:
      • I enjoy buying dolls that I have been wanting directly from the company when they have really great events.:sumomo:
      • I become super excited when I find the perfect vampire doll.:aheartbea

14. - the texture of blank resin
      - the joy of box openings after a long wait
      - finding out new character quirks
      - nice weather on my days off ( ._. While I love rainy days, it's awesome to have mellow sunny skies on my days off so that I can work on customizing.)
      - the feathery quality of wigs when you flop them around. XD they look like birds fluffing themselves and it amuses me to no end
      - finding in-scale props for dolls when you least expect it

O.O All in all, I find that this hobby brings me way more things to be excited about than things to rant about.

15. - I really love how unique each individual doll is! ^_^ Even if you have two people with the sane sculpt and with a company faceup, they still can look so different from each other just by how their iwners style them. :3 There's also so many interesting sculpts out there, it's amazing!

- All the creativity that goes into this hobby! <3 From all of the faceup artists, modders, eye and wig makers, photographers, seamstresses and so on! It's so inspiring and seeing everyone's work makes me want to keep improving on my own skills!

- All the cute clothes, wigs, eyes and shoes! *_* A lot of the time I wish I could find bjd clothes in actual human sizes so I can wear them, too. ^.^

- The feeling of happiness when a doll you've been waiting on for months finally arrives at your door!

- The feeling of excitement when you think up a new character to be a part of a story you created and start shopping around for an ideal sculpt and planning out every aspect and detail for them! x3 Also happening upon a doll that inspires you to make a whole new character and story just for them. That happens to me a lot. ^_^

- Finally saving up enough money for that doll you've been eying and clicking the checkout button~

- Testing out the posing capabilities of each doll! I find it to be so much fun to see just what each of my dolls can do and sometimes it can be quite the surprise. :)

16. I so love that look of "love you so much" on their little faces and being able to sew of them.

Best of all, they let me talk all day long and don't roll their eyes or think I'm nagging (like my real human dolls do!)

17. Photos of people with their dolls. I never take photos of myself with my dolls, but it makes me intensely happy to see other people's XD.

Simply looking at my dolls, or holding them and moving their limbs.

Also, the satisfaction of having taken a nice picture of one. I have Flickr open on my tablet and steal glances at my own dolls when I'm at the office... :P

Having a look or outfit come together. I never quite know what's missing until I've added it, so the moment where it goes "zingggg!" is really rather happy.

18. - Finding just the perfect outfit for a particular doll
      - Anything doll related arriving in the mail
      - Opening a brand new doll for the first time
      - Being enamored with a particular sculpt

1. I'm extremely happy when receiving a call from the EMS courier. I think if a young Brad Pitt asked me out on a date, he would have cheered me no more than the postman.
      2. I am in awe of the gifts from sellers or a postcard with a good message. It's insanely nice. Nice as the fact.
      3. I rejoice when I create a successful hybrid. When the body and head are identical in color and proportions. It is a rare luck.

4. I love to admire my collection of eyes,, shoes and wigs. I feel like Gollum with a lot of rings.