1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Little Things That Make You Happy?

Jun 5, 2017

1. I brought my dolls to a family reunion because my great aunt heard I was in a doll show and won a couple of the competitions and she wanted to see the dolls. Turns out 84 year old Auntie Doris was a doll collector and still has her favorite two extensive collections, one is of German porcelain dolls and the other is China glass dolls. She was captivated by the ball jointed dolls and invited me to come and see her doll collection next time I was in town. All these years and she never once mentioned it or showed me. So glad I brought my dolls to show her or I may have never had a chance to share this with her. I think she enjoyed having someone to talk about her dolls with and I know it was extra special for this 56 year old doll lady. :)

2. While I have very little in my hands now I do have stuff to add. First, the feel of the fur wigs. They're so soft, when I got my first one in I was amazed! And the other thing is cool eyes. People make so many just awesome looking eyes, things that I would never think of. My un-named boy is going to have a whole slew of eyes to change out since there are just so many that are so creative and so awesome looking, I'm really excited.

3. oh man so many but mine are so weird XD
      -Putting my nose to a doll sitting in my lap and getting that premium resiny wiggy smell
      -When I grab a doll and the elastic shifts and they "grab" my hand back
      -Getting the doll balanced JUST RIGHT and snapping a great picture
      -when my cat decides to get some pets and squirms under a dolly hand
      -finishing an outfit/faceup/furniture project and just grinning stupidly at it for a minute

4. Finding that perfect wig/ eye combo that works for a dolls coloring the best
      Seeing those face up pictures sent by the artist who is painting your head
      Putting on shoes and socks on that Dollstown 18's feet finally
      Having a bad day and then seeing someone else's beautiful doll pictures, elevating your mood instantly
      Getting that box cutter out to open up your new: Doll head, Doll, Wig, Shoes, Corset.........
      Just holding and enjoying the weight and details of a doll
      Seeing a new sculpt that resonates in your soul
      Getting a picture that shows how wonderful you feel your doll really is in person, this one is rare for me
      The simple kindnesses that collectors try to give each other, like the notes in packages and help when you need it

5. Finding the one doll that a friend had pretty much given up on ever finding and sending them the sale link so they could buy it (I've done this 3 times to 2 doll friends and they got the dolls they wanted *grins*).
      Buying a doll for a friend that they wanted but couldn't get (done this twice to the same friend).
      Finally finding the prefect sculpt for a character you'd just about given up hope of ever shelling. As a bonus bit of joy, getting said sculpt during an event and getting a discount on the price or free shipping (or both!).
      Finding a limited sculpt in the MP that you'd had to pass on buying the first time around because of lack of funds but can totally afford now.
      Finding the absolute perfect pair of eyes for a doll in your eye stash.
      The way a doll sometimes moves/flops that seems like they're giving you a hug/comforting you.
      Taking some photos just for fun and having one (or more) of them turn out amazing in showcasing the character/personality of the doll.

6. Wig conditioner.
      An unruly frizzy mess turns into silky locks.

7. I know I already mentioned finding props in odd places, but when it's really cute and realistic-ish food props, that just makes my day. Because that happened today, and I have all the sparkles and joy about cute food for my dolls. :cake:

8. Trying a head I haven't had out in a while on a body.

That moment when you draw the eyebrows just right.

Applying gloss to a finished faceup.

Buying new clothes.

When an item fits and looks great.

Eyes with small irises and pupils.

Open-mouthed/toothed sculpts.

Nailing a pose.

Randomly posing them.

Just holding them.

Weird posing quirks.

9. Finding new faceup artists! <3 I love seeing new doll faces all over my instagram, aha~ I also really enjoy swapping bust pieces on my Fairyline dolls; the first time I did it, I didn't expect the arms to literally pop off, and now the engineering is super fascinating to me.

10. The challenge of outfitting a new doll, or reworking the outfit for an "old" one!

11. When a piece of clothing fits perfectly and you didn't even try it on once during the process.

When you try an intimidating tutorial and get good results.

When one of your dolls gets a compliment and your over the moon happy.

Little things all over for them. Feeling happy you got a display or a picture right.

Finishing that roombox/doll house/set.

When those pants fit.

12. I love the feeling I get when I look at my doll and when I look at her it just makes me smile.
      Finally working out how to sew something that has taken many attempts.
      Finishing making enough wefts to make a new wig.

13. Things I love about dolls / the hobby in general:

Talking to people who aren't gonna judge you for being grown and playing with dolls
      People with more experience that give you awesome advice
      Window shopping, both for dolls and clothes/eyes/accessories.
      Admiring tiny doll hands - they're so delicate and beautiful!
      Finding just the right doll for your character
      When you find something not meant for dolls that is the perfect scale
      Getting excited about mail time

14. - Tinies' nose sculpts! They have such smol button noses and I can't deal with how cute they are XD
      - The first dolly hug once you've unboxed them (I like welcoming mine home)
      - Miniature glass bottlesssss
      - Seeing your doll with a complete outfit after spending ages undressing and redressing all their fiddle little limbs.
      and
      - The feeling of pride whenever I create something new for my dolls. I buy a lot of things because I'm not a great seamstress and I haven't tried sculpting/wig making/faceups at all. But occasionally I try my hand and making clothes and it's just so satisfying being able to create the perfect outfit for my OCs when I can't buy what I want.

15. Puki. Feet.

16. When I receive an item in the mail I completely forgot I had purchased a couple of months ago. In this case, a pair of little tennis shoes for my Tiny Delf Alice. :)

17. When you aren't sure about how something will look, it's taken forever to arrive, you've started to second guess yourself and conclude that you'll just have to sell whatever it was once it finally gets there...Or even worse, when you're making something and have no idea if the end result will have been worth hours of your life plus whatever bizarre injuries you've managed to inflict upon yourself in the process (I have talents)...

And it's absolutely perfect.

18. That great feeling when you finish a doll's overall look and take pictures for the first time and they turn out well and it's so awesome.

Also, when you find an amazing doll that you weren't even looking for on the MP, you can afford it, and when it gets home, you immediately adore it. Everything works out~

19. -When you finally make something successfully after failing multiple times and it's perfect.
      -Finding something that happens to be the exact scale you needed.
      -Trying out a new pair of eyes and seeing how the light catches and shines in them.
      -Qualifying for events, discounts, and gifts as you're buying something.
      -Gender neutral or masculine slim msd clothes.
      -When you finally finish a wig and it actually fits.
      -When you watch a video where someone talks about their dolls and their eyes just light up.
      -When you tell someone about the hobby and they're really kind about it and genuinely interested.
      -Detailed dioramas.
      -Magnetic horns.

20. - When you get that perfect picture. That one picture you are so proud of and will forever tote around as "THAT awesome picture'.