1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Little Things That Make You Happy?

Jun 5, 2017

1. Finding good props is just too exciting tbh even if they don't really make sense for any of the dolls you currently have (I have a pretty big stash of little tiny toys that would be adorable for a baby faced yosd even though I'm currently only collecting more mature dolls) and MAKING props that turn out just right is even more exciting :-D ! Finally finding a good stash of owner photos of a sculpt you're either considering or have on order is top notch too. Recently I've been having great time hoarding art/photos/etc as inspiration for future doll characters...daydreaming and planning is almost as much fun as actually executing your plans :XD:

2. I love windowshopping for dolls. And when I do buy doll items, I'm always so impressed by the tiny, neat, narrow stitches aling the hems - miniature well made things make me so happy!

3. When you get new eyes for your doll and putting them in completely changing your dolls look and attitude !

4. changing different wigs and box opening! Love box opening and I did shot a lot of videos.

5. When a friend or loved one in the hobby gets their dream doll! That just makes me so happy, even when it's not a size or type that I'm usually interested in, because I'm just so happy for my friend. <3

6. -Having all my dolls dressed and posed together like a family portrait. It makes me SO happy every time I walk through the room!
      -Knowing I have incoming packages.
      -The perfect weightiness of a favourite doll sitting on your arm after a long day...
      -Dolly smells. Resin, a faint whiff of sealant, paint and dust and hair conditioner... each one seems to have a slightly different scent.
      -Jointed hands curled around my fingers.
      -When I look across the room and a doll is looking right at me, and it seems like we've just shared an inside joke.
      -Finding that perfect doll-sized item at the thrift shop!
      -Text conversations with friends about our mutual doll plans and storylines.

7. - Finally getting a wig or eyes for a doll that previously didn't have any and suddenly seeing their personality show itself.
      - Looking at other dolls online and finding ones that are just so precious that you have to save the image into your gallery for later viewing.
      - Finding an ebay listing for a prop that would be perfect for you doll and it just so happens to be the correct scale size.

8. Open a doll's box for the very first time, wondering how nice it'll be... and you see it at last and it's so small and perfect and detailed and amazing. I mean, the hands? I always end up looking at the hands, those delicate fingers so amazing and real looking??
      Also, brainstorming for how to customise a doll is just so much fun. It saves me at work when I'm bored to death, I just grab a pen and doodle what I could do better on my next make-up, or what outfit to add to their wardrobe, what fabric, what props I'll need... It makes me so happy and relaxed honestly (actually doing the work is often a source of frustration, but that's another problem:roll:)

9. - elf ears
      - creme color wigs <3
      - big cute looking eyes
      - holding a doll
      - silicon Bust on Doll hrhr~
      - light blue sparkling eyes

10. Ooh I like this!!

-Finding the perfect item for your doll and it's not too expensive
      -Making a breakthrough in character development!!
      -Discovering doll brands that you never want really gave attention to and it turns out they're really good!
      -Seeing "item out for delivery" when tracking!!!
      -Events!
      -Finding the perfect sculpt ❤️

11. Finding the perfect yarn/fabric/jewelry piece for your doll, and having the perfect pattern or idea to use it with. I love that.

12. When your doll's hair is softer than your own hair.

13. - Combing my dolls hair <3 They looks so happy afterwards <3
      - Making clothes and it is a perfect fit at first try (happens very rarely XD)
      - Finding props at flea markets that was no intended for dolls but works anyway.
      - Waiting for a new doll to arrive to the family <3

14. Getting all my dolls out of storage and on display again.

New clothes that perfectly fit their characters.

Finding perfectly doll-sized furniture in unexpected places.

15. Another thing that makes me happy!: I ordered an outfit for my new SD girl from VOLKS and they shipped it in less than 24 hours!!

16. I love my boys.... I'll never lie to that fact.
      I love when I get the items I ordered & the reality of them is so much better in person.
      I love their clothes & shoes. I'm a lot lazy in redressing them but I love how I style my boys & give them great looks.

17. Tracking numbers.

18. Waking up next to my doll :aheartbea

19. - The fact that these dolls are limitless always brightens up my day!
      - Looking at Doll pictures from other owners.
      - The messenger chat group I'm in with 2 other girls in the community.

20. Having a doll sit on my desk as I do work and being able to look at her whenever I want to rest my eyes from the screen. For some reason this always uplifts my mood, just to see how beautiful the doll is.