1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Little Things That Make You Happy?

Jun 5, 2017

1. Opening the box of a doll I wasn't 100 % sure about from online pictures and being totally happy with them.
      Having the first wig I got for two of my MSDs be perfect.

2. Making those TINY mod adjustments to a sculpt and it goes from the lovely sculpt it was, to "Oh THERE you are!!" of a favorite character.

• The "spark"
      • Getting people to join the hobby
      • New resin
      • Shoes:chibi
      • Getting a shipping notification
      • Falling in love with a new doll
      • People complimenting my dolls.

3. Possibility of lost package. I needed this thread:

• Random eyes. Will they come with brown? Blue? Yellow? You just don't know until they're here! It's so exciting.
      • When the personality of the doll changes the personality of the character they're shelling. It makes the character into a more real, self sustained entity.
      • When you hate something you've sewn but then you put it on the doll and oh, you did know what you were doing after all!
      • When you put a little purple bit under the eyes and the doll suddenly has fatigue.
      • Extras in packages!
      • Teeny tiny punky clothes - them boots though.
      • Repurposing tiny things around the house that you've never used into something for your dolls.
      Okay, I feel a bit better now.

4. I adore doll's food, really. These little pies, fruits, maffins and coffe in cups. Very cute)

5. Like everyone, I love getting shipping notices and packages in the mail!

But those are rather big things. About the little things:

-managing to set in a sleeve (my most hated part of sewing, haha);
      -finishing an embroidery design;
      -managing any new craft, really;
      -opening my doll box and seeing them. Due to heavy construction work, they have not been out. So just seeing their faces and remembering, again, how beautiful they are is nice.^^
      -holding their tiny hands and feet;
      -dressing them up;
      -changing their wigs or eyes and seeing them anew.

#146 lyaam12, Aug 3, 2021
      Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
    6. The perfect prop. I got this cute sleeping kitty for cheap and it fits so perfectly. I also found tiny fully illustrated books for my dolls to hold! Just tiny stuff maybe $5-$10 but it makes my whole day when I find something, especially on the hunt at a thrift store.

7. -Just holding them in my hands ( the little ones) or arms (the bigger ones) and just enjoying how cute/pretty they are.
      -Sitting down at my desk and switching which doll I have nearby to keep me company (though most of them are either on the shelf next to my desk or in a different spot on it anyway).
      -just saying good morning or good night to my precious dollies
      -having some of my ¼ths or 1/6ths sit in the laps or be held by my ⅓rds

8. Beautiful eyes
      Beautifully sewn clothes
      Little hands and feet even if they belong to a large doll - they are still little in human terms
      Finding props that fit just right
      A wig that fits like a glove
      A new doll
      People sharing their joy
      When it all comes together
      Photos of dolls that inspire me

9. Giving my dolls a little kiss on their foreheads (on the wig of course!)
      Holding their tiny hands between my fingers
      Holding a big doll in my lap while I browse the internet, play a game, or watch a movie
      When your doll actually stands! I couldn't be more proud of their efforts

10. the smell of new resin
      when a doll comes and tells you their name and character even though you planned nothing
      when you get them to stand or hold a pose on the first try
      when you get a doll and they look better than the company pics

11. completing a doll's "look". Outfit, wig, shoes, etc. I have qute a few dolls whch hve one or more of those things missing. Usually it's shoes. I get such a good feeling of satisfaction when a doll is finally complete.

12. Seeing pink blushing on a sculpt's cheeks. The rosier the better, I just melt when I see them! <3

13. On the buying side, I love finding small notes or surprises, or just finding that the packaging is pretty! It's a hobby where that happens a lot more than usual with other purchases, or at least it seems like that to me from experience xD

I usually have my dolls displayed very close to my work desk but there is a really specific feeling of warmth whenever I actually pick them up and feel their weight in my hands. I love changing their clothes, playing around with their joints... it just feels very cozy!

Something a bit less common is the feeling of happiness that comes when I manage to take a good pic... I'm still so bad with doll photography that it feels like a HUGE accomplishment lol

14. I love the friends I’ve made that I got to know throughout the hobby, years later we still email and chat.

I love getting a doll I really want.

I love when I post a wtb thread and someone answers it right away.

I love sewing from scratch and it actually ends up fitting the doll It was intended for. lol

I love reading how excited someone new to the hobby is, it makes me smile. :)

I love sending and receiving boxes of whatnots from friends in different and same country as myself.

I really love looking at my first doll and reminiscing about the day I received her.

15. -The satisfaction of getting that pose to stick.
      -Changing out the eyes, turning the doll around, and seeing them for the first time all over again.
      -Accidentally finding stuff 'for the girls' while shopping.
      -Pulling a doll out of storage and getting hit with nostalgia from the day that you got them.

16. tiny glasses

17. - Holding my 1/4 or 1/3s on my lap and resting my cheek against their wigs
      - Holding their hands in my fingers and having it feel like they're holding on too
      - Being able to just plunk my biggest boy down and having him not just stand but fall into a natural looking pose.
      - finishing up a sewing project and having it turn out better than I'd expected it to
      - Sharing ideas for my dolls with someone else and actually having them listen
      - Showing any new doll that comes into the house to my 5yr old niece when she visits and having her be as excited if not moreso than I am about them

18. My favorite things in the hobby are
      - the new resin smell
      - the excitement and inspiration that comes when a doll comes home
      - making doll clothes and jewelry and having a doll that actually wear the things you make
      - when a doll finally tells you who they are!

19. -The sounds resin makes on video (ever notice that the squeaking is so quiet irl and so loud in videos?)
      -The details and materials of the clothes
      -The feel of a synthetic wig
      -LITTLE SHOES!
      -When you're moving their head and get that perfect angel on accident that looks like they are staring at you with puppy dog eyes.
      -Just seeing them sitting on my sideboard looking so awesome.
      -Thinking about how majorly my mind would have been blown had I seen one of these dolls as a kid.