1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Local BJD community

Oct 2, 2020

1. My state (AZ) did have a community but I took a long hiatus so I have no idea if there is still an active community. It's also hard to organize a meet up here because a lot of the owners I used to know lived in the smaller towns and it was far for them. Plus it's hard to find a place where you can host a meet up unless you can get everyone to agree to chip in for the rental space.

2. I deal with huge amounts of social anxiety and am incredibly awkward in person, and frankly, don’t leave the house much, so I prefer all of my friendships to be online, BJD or otherwise. I know I’m in the severe minority feeling that way, though. :sweat

3. It's weird. My local community isn't super active which is a shame because there is a lot of us.

4. @Fuailei I live in Pennsylvania as well! It's too bad that there aren't any official meetup groups here that I know of. I'd kind of like to start one up once that's an option again. I've also been tossing around the idea of starting a local BJD discord for online meets in the meantime, possibly.

5. @AceofPancakes I’d love that. Even if we can’t meet irl it’d still be great to do virtual meets. I am on discord as well!

6. There’s a few people out here I know for sure are into the hobby but they just don’t talk about it as much. When we had our conventions, they had BJD clothes, accessories and etc but the way my state is set up, I think people aren’t that comfortable openly talking about their habits. I have one awesome friend so her and I definitely need to talk more! There’s a certain area you have to get to go find people and it’s game but it’s been hard and at this point i don’t know if I’ll ever have real life bjd friends :(

7. I would love to go to meeting in my city!
      I live in Stockholm Sweden.