1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Lolitas with Dolls!

Aug 4, 2011

1. When I've gone out I've taken a smaller doll as it's easier to carry. I have a great photo somewhere of me with a 1/6 girl and we have matching lolita dresses ^_^ I got photographed by KERA (a japanese lolita fashion magazine) it was a great moment as I got to talk about BJDs and lolita to a reporter!

2. I'm a full time lolita. I wear nothing else. I have beein in lolita 11 years now. To me they are just my normal clothes. I take my dolls out all the time for the heck of it. I have taken them to meet ups and conventions because I like to have them with me. Usually I carry one or two with me. One in my arms and the other in my bag if I have more than one.

They're all goth boys so they don't really match, though I wear gothic lolita. The closest to matching would be Baphomet in his rococo wear.

3. I'm a lolita and I don't think I'd bring my doll to a meet-up. It's very small and unless it had lolita clothes it'd be pretty off-topic. If she did have lolita clothes idk if anyone else would be interested, and they might not want to be seen with a doll out in public.
      That said, I'm hosting a crafts meetup at my house this weekend and I'll be making clothes for my doll so everyone will get to see it.

Baby the Stars Shine Bright has made SD clothes before that match dresses they sell, so it can't be too abnormal.

4. If I were wearing lolita that day and I wanted to go out with my dolls, I might dress them to look similar if it was the style I had in mind for my doll.

5. I am a lolita and I have taken my dolls to lolita meetups before. It really does depend on the actual meetup though. If we are going for tea, sure... if it is alot of walking, probably not. The first time I took my CH Cebee to a meetup, I tripped while walking in my rocking horse shoes and we hit the pavement. Apparently I couldn't walk upright that day. Luckily she was fine but I started being a bit more reserved in bringing them to the meets. That and that day the temperature was over 100 degrees in June. Now I generally have a carrier I put them in , actually a yoga mat bag with a somewhat gothic design on it, or take a small yo size that fits in my purse. Now for doll meets I am now pretty much expected to show up in lolita and I actually wore lolita to the last Volks NY Doll Party. I love to dress my dollies in colors that match me and my girls do have lolita dresses to wear. A couple of my boys have been subjected to wearing them as well. I do enjoy combining the 2 hobbies together.

6. I've finally started wearing lolita, and whether or not I would bring a doll, and which doll I might bring with me would depend on where the meetup was happening. Some places are doll friendlier than others. If having a doll with me would be really in the way, then I would leave them home. I'm going to a con next weekend and will be dressing lolita part of the time and will be bringing a doll with me as I usually do take dolls to cons. My DD/Obitsu hybrid is rapidly becoming my con buddy, since she is so much lighter and easier to carry with me.

7. I've been to doll meets where we have dressed up, so of course I brought them around for that. But when I go to cons though I'm usually in cosplay (and the rare occasion kodona) and get stopped a lot. The only time I've carried a doll with my at a con is when I'm shopping for it and I know where the booths are selling things for them.

My only suggestion if you do decide to carry one, would be to have a bag and something you could wrap them in if or do get tired of carrying them. Or have a friend with you that doesn't mind holding the doll for you every once in a while.

8. I've never dressed in Lolita, but I've always wanted to. I would feel out of place as I'm 28 (well in a few days) and a mom of elementary school kids. But I totally love the idea of having a full Lolita outfit made for me and my doll matching right down to the shoes and bloomers. (Maybe as a gift to myself after 40 more lbs lol)

9. I've gone to a doll meetup dressed in Lolita, though as it was at a convention anyway it wasnt as if I was the only person around in Lolita...
      Although I've made my doll a lolita dress before, its doesn't match any of mine. I wish I had matching outfits though, that would be so cool! :D

10. I don't go to meetups. ^^ ;;;

But anyway.

I just carry my boy in my arms. ^^ ;;; It's easier for me, and nothing has gone wrong so far.
      Also my boy doesn't match with me, though in the future if I'm not lazy, I might make some matching clothes. ^^ And I do have some Lolita clothing for him; a pink dress was one of the first things I bought him. (´・ω・`)

11. I don't go to Lolita meetups (don't know of any in my area, really) but I wore Lolita to the doll meetups at cons that I attended, and for my doll panels, and it works because I have a maid Lolita outfit that matches Chi and a sweet Lolita dress that matches Suzu.

12. Okay, I thought I'd update now that I've had some experience with this! I've had my first doll for about two years now (this was my first ever thread!), and I have backed off of the Lolita stuff a bit. I only wear my stuff at conventions. I do take Angelo out, but I always bring a carrier with me. That way, he's safe when I eat or cannot hold him. I don't worry about him matching my stuff too much, and I find that people think he's gorgeous regardless of what he's wearing. When I'm at conventions or dressed in Lolita and carrying him, I find that it's very helpful to bring supplies to fix up a doll- like a Magic Clean Eraser for emergency cleaning or a hairbrush for his wig. I also have found a several good ways to carry him. Because he's an SD, I often have to use two hands. I carry him close to my body, and switch hands periodically to manage his weight. I am about to go to Otakon, possibly in Lolita garb. I am also taking all three dolls with me- two SDs and a tiny. My best advice, to answer my own question, is to always have a way to package them away, even though you've planned to display them proudly.

13. It is great that you found your way to take your BJD to conventions and such, even though you say you are not that interested in lolita anymore ^^
      It does sound like it requires some effort :o

I never took a BJD out with me while wearing lolita, to meetings, or anywhere else.
      I don't believe I would ever take one to a larger meeting, even though I rarely attend those anyway; too many things to worry about at once. In a meeting with friends, I want to lay back and enjoy myself, without having to pay attention to my very expensive doll all the time to see if it is all ok with it.
      No, they are better kept at home, protected and safe ^^

I don't think it would be practical for me to carry around a BJD while in lolita, especially if they are on the heavier/bigger side. Wearing puffy dresses can be a bit troublesome, and carrying a fragile, expensive object with you at the same time can become a bit straining, I imagine.
      But if someone really wants to do it, all power to them. If I had that kind of wish, I would place my doll in a safe carrier - I mean, one meant specifically to carry a BJD safely.

Also,

Wow.

14. I dress in Lolita Fashion often and have taken my dolls out with me while dressed up too, sometimes Eien (Iplehouse JID Jerome) and I wear the fashion together but most of time my dolls are just dressed nicely when I'm carrying them about in Lolita.

My boy Candy (Elfdoll Wu) got to go to a JFashion meet last Halloween (white face monster theme) with me and we dressed to match:

[​IMG]
      (Other girl's face is covered for her privacy)

15. I wear Lolita as well as EGA. However, I don't take my doll to meets with me. It's looked down upon in my Lolita community, as it is in other communities as well. But, I take my doll everywhere when it comes to conventions, weather I'm wearing Lolita or cosplaying. :)

16. I don't think it's 'looked down upon' so much as some people are uncomfortable with dolls, if your comm isn't ok with that sort of thing then definitely don't do it, but you can always ask before going to a meet if everyone coming is alright with you bringing along a doll.

I've brought my dolls with me to meets before, I however have always asked if it's alright beforehand and most of the time people are perfectly fine with it. I guess it depends on the people in your comm though, sorry you're not able to bring your dolls with you to Lolita Fashion meets, but there's always dressing in Lolita to a doll meet! :XD:

P.S. Love your username and avatar~:aheartbea

17. Yeah, you do have a point there. It just seems within areas of my comm that it's looked down upon because it's weird. It's because of this that I don't ask weather I can bring her or not. Plus she is SD size and may stick out more. I did find a msd that I fell in love with, but I'm not sure if I would be able to bond with it because I like big dolls. Also, thank you. I like my avatar too. Mana <3