1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Long-distance Relationships?

Feb 3, 2007

1. It's a tough one, I have done it, and I wouldn't do it again in a million years because in the end, and these things DO all end eventually whether you want to think about that during the good times or not, you end up losing at least one doll you cared a huge amount about even if it wasn't yours. There's pretty much no winners to it, it's not a nice experience and I can't say I'd recommend it to anyone.

2. My very first doll, Kaleb, is in a relationship with SuviFay's Reija. She's in the UK and I'm in California, so it's quite the distance. But it's been almost a year now though and it's working beautifully! Neither of us really see them having to split at all, their relationship makes us both very happy. XD! <3 Which is good, because I really don't like the thought of what may happen if they ever split up. But since Suvi doesn't like the idea of them splitting either...I don't really think too much about it. XD They have twin sons together, both of which are with Mummy but will soon be coming to stay with Daddy a while (Suvi and I each own one twin). We haven't tried to send one MSD or the other over yet, but we will eventually I'm sure! I quite like how their relationship has developed.

My most recent doll, Shinji, is based on a character that's been in a long-term relationship with a character belonging to EleanorAnne. Because Ellie lives in SC, they'll quite obviously have a long distance relationship too. But it will likely be quite a breeze because well - 5 years of RPing a couple will do that. XD! I'm not worried at all about their relationship diminishing or anything...Because we've RP'd them for so long already and I sincerely don't see us ever just...Stopping talking. XD We're as best of friends as best friends can be when they're on opposite sides of a country. :3

Alsoooo~ I've got an incoming doll (My first girl msd, whut =D) that will potentially be in a long-distance relationship with Vitasoy's Minnie. XD We (Vita and I) like the idea, but we'll have to see how well they like eachother when Adelyn arrives. XD

3. This... applies to most of my dolls in one way or another, haha. My Fai, is in a relationship with hakura0's Kurogane; likewise, my AoD girl, Kazuki, is "with" Hakura's AoD boy, Juubei. Similarly, our Van and Marquet (mine and hers, respectively) are brothers, and Hakkai and Seiryuu (again, hers and mine) are friends. Our future/planned dolls are "paired", too. It's really fun, and it actually makes owning the dolls even more fun for me. :)

We manage it with, well, frequent visits, photos sent to one another, and so on. Since we're best friends, getting the dolls together is not only fairly frequent (when we visit each other, we always bring at least one doll, and though we live in different states, it happens often), but really ridiculously fun for us. I have this feeling that even if they weren't made to get together, the dolls would anyway just by virtue of our playing with them together!

Actually, for the last month or so, her Seiryuu has been here to keep my Hakkai company. :3 It's really sweet!

The only issue we ever have is coordinating visits - as the number of our dolls grows, so do the relationships, which makes it hard to pick and choose who has to stay home when we visit each other! xD

4. Some of my dolls are in long distance relationships with some of megarathewarrior's dolls. We don't see each other in person. Actually, we've never met in person (one of us would have to go halfway across the country XD ), but we've been friends for four years. <3 We do RP the characters sometimes and talk via IM/PM often.

My Dante is in a relationship with her Tsukiko, my Rune is with her Beatrice, and my Breacán has an odd relationship with her Yorik. XD Her girl, Hitomi, is also in a relationship with one of my boys, but he's not in doll form, yet. Tsukiko & Hitomi have visited me, and once Dante and/or Rune get their own body, one (or both, yay heads) of them will go to visit her.

She trusts me with her dolls and I trust her with mine. It's all about trust, really. Well, and massive amounts of insurance on packages. XD