1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Long shot: mature 1/12 dolls?

Sep 24, 2020

1. i really want to create some rooms & dioramas but I just can’t with my SDs... they’ll have to try greenscreens. But are there any mature 1/12 scale dolls (5-6 inches, 12-16cm)? Bonus points for male dolls or females that aren’t very exaggerated body types (not really thin or really pear shaped). Do these exist?

2. The only really tiny ones like that I know of are those by SvetaDolls. They're a bit on the slim side but honestly I think that's better for such a small doll so when clothed they don't look bulky. (I'm actually not quite sure if these are on topic here though so if anyone knows please let me know. I know I've seen someone post one of them before here though.)

3. I don't think they've been approved for topically yet, but Metis doll is releasing a 12cm girl soon: Login • Instagram

Additionally, the RosenGarden girls (iris, fleur, hana, etc) are 19cm-- which is perfectly 1:8th, so only some 1:12 items will work, but i've seen them look quite good in 1:12 dioramas

EDIT I also reccomend an etsy search. Most will be 3d printed, but i know eve studio has 1:12, and a few other off topic 1:12s come to mind that are sold on etsy

#3 Xila, Sep 24, 2020
      Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    4. If you're open to off topic dolls/3D printed dolls you could take a look at DollArtbyJulie on etsy. She has adorable 1/12th dolls and different heads (and fantasy parts) to choose from. You get to pick the color too, and she has the option of ordering the doll as a kit for a discount (you'll get a baggie of parts and instructions to put them together).
      Same goes for obitsus, there are a lot of different heads although most of them are kind of big.

Another option would be going for 1/6th. There are realistic matures in that scale and plenty of props too. Of course the diorama's would be a lot bigger, but not so big that they can't be handled anymore.

5. Blue Fairy’s Pocket Fairies have a 19cm variation, there’s male and female versions, one style that’s just taller ( than the basic 10 cm) and one that’s more mature.
      I have a room box just for them, and collect Rement miniatures that are a really nice scale for them.

6. 1:12 is usually dollhouse scale. That hobby does make their own "occupants", not articulated usually, though.

7. Logan Dolls is making boy and girl mature tinies. I think they are about 6-7 inches? They will be on preorder sometime soon I think. You can follow his work on instagram to see the dolls! Their bodies are pretty normal looking, but the ears are pointed like elves.

8. Sleeping Elf dolls come in two sizes, the smaller ones are made to fit in a 1/12 dollhouse.

9. Dolls houses is my first hobby and yes they do have their own dolls but very non realistic looking and usually made of porcelain and not articulated at all, or only the arms. Many in the hobby don't use dolls as it makes the rooms look less lifelike. That's what led me to discover BJDs as I was doing research on dolls and found FL.

10. I have several 1:12 resin realistic bjd dolls. I have one from Raysvet dolls (sveta dolls) and three from Zjakazumi. Zjakazumi does male/female/child/baby all articulated and incredibly realistic. She makes all the initial sculpts herself and the dolls come in a box with a coa.

11. It’s hard to find them with inserted eyes. There are a few Russian and Chinese artists who make gorgeous 1/12 highly realistic and articulated BJD but most have painted eyes. I have a 12cm girl from Metis Doll hopefully on the way to me soon, and own two photopolymer 3D printed resin dolls with insert eyes scaled to 14 and 15cm from the Etsy shop ArtBJDDoll. I’ll try to update here if I find more.

12. @aliquotiens The above mentioned all have inserted eyes...but the OP seems to have lost interest immediately after posting, lol.

13. You may want to check out the Elfdoll Tiny thread in this forum.

14. If I am not mistaken Ancient Tales just released a mature tiny man.

15. Granado has a 15cm male on sale now but this is the last day of the order period.