1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Loongsoul 1/3 doll discussion Part 5

Jul 29, 2021

1. @Snowy everyone looks so amazing!! The outfits on everyone look so good! I totally agree with how much work it is to move these dolls -- they are some hefty pieces of resin *_*

2. At the moment I'm thinking about ordering a Loong Soul 68cm Boy Body (B-B68-01) for a project doll. Would getting the jointed hands be worth it the extra money? are there any quirks about posing or anything I should know about? Is he someone who's likely to end up on the second hand market or would I be waiting a long time for him to show up? Sorry for all the questions, cruising through this post y'all looked like you'd have the love for loong soul to be able to answer. I've been adoring their dragon boys from afar and living through some of all has been a pleasure.

3. What do you mean a project doll? Like a hybrid? or you want to make your own original character?
      • I have their jointed hands and there's no problem in posing them since they are also tightly strung.
      • Posing wise, they are very sturdy. I have the 73 ver 2 body and they are strung very tight. My LS that I bought almost 3 years ago is still very tight but maybe that's because I don't pose him a lot of the times. I think I've seen LS body reviews in Youtube if you want to see how much they bend and how the bodies look. ver. 2 and ver 3 is different in posing ability and look so if you want 68 ver 1 (68-01) then search for that specific body in reviews or in Youtube.
      • For the quirks, I don't really notice anything about it (I'm a bit biased since my 1st bjd is from LS). Maybe the weight? But weight is expected to be heavy if you'll buy 68 - 70+ cm dolls. If you have a more specific point you want to ask for, then I can help.
      • Waiting is about 6 months but depends I guess if you get the full set or if with face up. If you can't wait, you can check out the 2nd hand market or stores with in-stock dolls.
      • As for if he someone who's likely to end up on the second hand market, it depends. People resell their dolls due to space or they want another doll but needs more budget. But if you mean if people sell him because they didn't like the body once they see it in real life, then I think it rarely happens for LS. I do recommend get a full doll with a head and you can sell the head. LS doesn't sell heads separately so some people are willing to pay for them in the 2nd hand market. But if you only need the body, then you can buy the body only.

4. That actually answers my questions fairly directly. My question about second hand was he just seemed popular so the likelihood of an individual needing someone rehomed seemed higher. But yeah the idea is to do a project for an original character and his body was the right size and shape. And I especially appreciate your opinion on the hands. I think I'll definitely get them when the time comes. Youve been incredibly kind and helpful!

5. No problem! I'm happy to be able to help. Hope you good luck on your project! <3

6. Hi Everyone! I've been looking for info about LS's female 63cm body. And ended up failing to find any photoes of heeled feet. Even on their website there is a blank photo for this position :P Maybe anybody have any pics of them? I saw 58cm and 69cm bodys have heeled feet and logically why would 63cm doesn't, but just want to be sure)

7. @Nadiss The 63 body is pretty new and i thinks noone receiving their girl yet so other than company pics you won’t find anything I‘m afraid.

I ordered on one of the first days and the retailer told be only a short while ago she’s hoping LS will finish and deliver her in May.
      I did get her with face-up thought so there’s hope there might be someone who ordered her without and gets her earlier.
      Haven’t found any yet but it could be any day now if realistically mine should be done this month.

I can check on the taobao listing later if there were any if you want/haven’t been able to check there yourself, if you want me to. They were unimportant to me so I don’t know/remember. :3

8. @Snowy Oh, that explains a lot, thank you! Guess I'll just wait.
      No need to check taobao, thanks :3

9. I'm super excited, the outfit I commissioned for Skuld (Black Dragon) arrived after meandering in the mail for a month!!

[​IMG]
      The seamstress is capsuledollBJD on instagram, she can sew by measurements. The orange undershirt is a bit big in the chest, but the red overcoat covers it so it doesn't bother me. The outfit is perfect otherwise!!

[​IMG]

I did have to take off his lower arms and his lower legs and feet to get his old clothes off and back on. Either way, Skuld is looking perfect. All that's needed now is a sword that'll fit into his right hand...

10. I just wanted to share my newly-arrived boy!

He’s the Tamamo no Mae doll from the official Onmyoji x Loongsoul collab!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I’m currently wondering if I should install some eyelashes on his upper eyelids?

What do you guys think?

11. Omg!!! Congratulations <3 <3 <3 @kiradyn_rhiode
      Damn he's really good and fox looking.
      As for eyelashes... depends on what look you are going for and your preferences.
      Personally I think he's already looking fantastic.
      But if you generally have eyelashes on your doll collection I think it would be a shame to leave him without :3

12. @kiradyn_rhiode - Congrats on your handsome new fella!
      I'm always in the Moar eyelashes camp - masculine, feminine, adult, child, eyelashes for everyone and extra helpings all around!

13. My new boy arrived last week (HuangLin)
      I got him second hand from a seller on here :love

[​IMG]

I need to get him a body, but wondering if anyone can tell me which of the two Loong Soul 68cm bodies they prefer/recommend?

14. Does anyone have a photo of their LS 73cm boy with an LS 63cm girl? I would really appreciate it. ^^

15. I think there is a video on youtube comparing the ver. 2 and 3 bodies but for the 73cm LS boy not the 68. But as far as I can see in their details and other stuff, there is not much of a difference. I do have a ver. 2 73cm boy myself and I like how the joints work. In the ver. 3, the joints are a bit different. I do like that the bodies have a stopper at the wrist so you can easily change hands without the use of sticks anymore. Sorry I can't be of any more help.

16. @Aliya If you mean the current 63 girl body, it is pretty new and far as I know there new girl that was avaible with it first hasn't been shipped yet (I ordered her and was supposed to get her in may, but no shipping note yet).

17. Thank you! I will check it out YouTube. Just noticed Loong Soul have an event on too so it's good timing to order :XD:

18. I'm looking for a girlfriend for my LS boy and am looking at the 63cm for that. I just don't want her to be short to look like a daughter. XD Hahaha

19. Are you looking for height comparisons? I have a 73 cm and 62 cm boy from LS. The 62 cm comes up right about shoulder height on the 73 cm. I'm not sure what size the girl heads are, but the 62cm boy's head is smaller, but not enough to look like a child's. it's maybe a centimeter difference, so not huge.

20. A bit of my worry is that the 63 cm girls would look a bit child-like compared to the 73 cm boys that they have. I am tempted to get a 69cm girl from them but their clothes might be a bit difficult to shop for.