1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Loongsoul Doll 1/4 doll discussion

Sep 28, 2011

1. Thank you! I can't wait to have my girl to be home soon! :))) :3nodding::3nodding::3nodding:

2. I ordered a Loongsoul body back in December and it arrived spontaneously today! This is Rem, my Doll in Mind Larina/Loongsoul 42.5cm girl body hybrid! I'm extremely impressed with the quality of the body. It poses really well and it's so sturdy. The body is in normal pink and the DIM head is a really pale NS, so it isn't as great of a match as I'd hoped, but I'm not too worried— in a few months or so when I'm settled in my new apartment, she'll be in the dye bath :XD:

[​IMG]

3. So I'm newer to the bjd hobby so I have very little knowledge on many things. I've become very fond of the female msd body but I can't really connect with the face sculpts. I'd love some recommendations of heads that play well, and if this isn't the place to ask then please point me in the correct direction

4. Mystic Kids heads fit very well on the female body and some of their male sculpts work equally well as a female.

5. I have an Asleep Eidolon Blueberry on one of the older bodies, the ns-y resin doesn't exactly match though, but a light dusting of yellow on the face was enough to do the trick.
      If you're interested, I put up some photos yesterday: https://denofangels.com/threads/cafe-mew-mew-uniform-july-2020-outfit.826637/

6. Oh! I actually was interested in getting Illy on a female body so I'll definitely look into that as an option!

I love your hybrid a lot! I'll definitely take a look to see if any of the face sculpts grab me~

7. Doll in Mind heads work well, but they are only available sporadically unless you get one used. Larina and Leia seem to be available most of the time on the secondhand market.

8. Thank you <3 hope you find one you like

9. This thread is very quiet... but it is a thread in which I think I can ask for help... so here goes!

I posted a thread in marketplace looking to exchange (or just buy) the new medium bust piece from Loongsoul for my old medium bust piece (which is vastly different, being an 01 where the new is an 03 and looks a lot smaller off the bat!)

But then I suddenly panicked as I realised that the bodies are, of course, different sizes. The new body has a bigger waist and arms, but smaller shoulders. I was wondering if this would affect the way an 03 bust would interact with an 01 body - it's no good looking for an 03 bust if it's going to be useless on an 01 body after all.

Perhaps someone out there owns both bodies and can compare the two? Also, is the normal yellow resin any different with the new bodies?

I took a hiatus from the hobby for some time, I come back and everything is wildly different, I'm sorry for the bombardment of questions!

10. Do I understand correctly, that you have the old, original body and would like the bust from the new body?
      You can order just the bust-piece from various retailers, but I'm afraid it's not going to be a well fit if at all. The shape is clearly different and far as I remember the meassurements are off too.

Dolk still has a listing with a comparisson pic of both bodies, old and new, where you can see the differences.
      Shao Ling | Dolk Station - Online bjd shop
      (it's the 2nd last one).

Don't have the new one myself, so can't provide any pictures myself.

As for resin colors: it would depend on when your body has been made. I have an older LS SD boy body in nsy who I used as reference when purchasing one of their mermaids years ago. The color was not the same, as the ns-y was way lighter than that of the SD body. Actually the pics on the listing are a good reference of what to expect, I think.

If you like the bust of the current body, you might want to try and find a small bust of the old body. It's smaller than the current one, but closest in aesthetics.

Hope that helped a little. :)
      (and welcome back in the hobby :3 )

11. I can't do resin comparisons for you, but I do have a Loong Soul 1:4 body in white. However, I did want to mention that their resins now are all environmental (French) resins. I believe back in the past, they offered regular options, but now, they're all translucent. Just wanted to mention this in case you weren't aware!

Also... The translucent resins yellow rather rapidly. I have had my new body for about 4 months, and in indirect light, there is a yellow hue to it. (I compared it with the option parts I have stored away.) The head I bought this doll for is a yellow white, so it's okay, but I admit that I am a bit annoyed at how quickly this has yellowed. I don't leave them in direct sun, but I'm someone who plays with my dolls -- and I don't want to put my dolls away. I'll accept the yellowing, but I know for some other people, this would be a huge dealbreaker.

12. I saw a thread back from 2014 comparing 1/4 doll bodies, among which was a loong soul body. I found i really like that body
      I also really like the BuZhi face sculpt
      I went to look on their site about buying her, but it seems they only offer their most recent body, which i don't like the appearance of the hips of.
      So a couple questions:
      Is there anywhere i can find the older bodies for purchase? Or buy her head separately?
      Does anyone have photos comparing their 1/4 female bodies?
      Are their bodies popular? If i just buy the doll whole, is it likely I'll be able to find someone interested in the body to split with?
      Thank you!

13. I would contact Jeeryama on eBay or Denver Doll and ask them; they're very friendly, and if they don't know the answer, they can contact Loongsoul directly and find out.

I have the new mini body as a hybrid with my DIM head. I love her curves, but she doesn't share clothes with my other minis because of all that junk in her trunk, so I guess I understand. The body seems pretty popular to me, but of course it's always risky to buy something with the intent to sell.

14. Hmm... okay I'll see if I can get just get head through one of people!
      The body is largely really nice, i personally just don't love the kinda gap between the hips and thighs if that makes sense?
      That said, any suggestions for what body her head might fit on and colour match?

15. I heard Charmdoll is connected to Loongsoul somehow, like the same sculptors or something, and that usually means the resin will match. I don't have any Loongsoul heads to compare but the body is very delicate and narrow-shouldered, so you probably don't want something too large. The two bodies I have are kind of mellowed, so I can't tell you what they match, other than Luts and Elfdoll normal are too yellow.

16. Following up on this, yes the companies are sister companies and allegedly use the same resin. Both companies now only do french resin, but Loongsoul at least used to also offer solid resin; so if you're looking for bodies secondhand or relying on a resin match, keep that in mind, because the solid resins and french resins were different colours.

17. They do use the same resin, I have normal yellow and tan resin from both companies and the are exactly the same.

18. Also Loongsoul no longer produces the old bodies and supposedly also don't have any leftover stock or display models. I asked when the discontinued the old heads and bodies from one day to the next, because I also prefer the old body type and face style.
      You need to be constantly on the prowl if you want to get the old model, because they rarely pop up on the MP.
      I had luck a while ago and finally managed to get myself a ChuChu, the one model of the old line I had been missing out from those I wanted.

19. Hm okay thank you all! I'll check if i like charmdoll bodies better and how the head will fit

#899 Iceymelody, May 12, 2022
      Last edited: May 13, 2022
    20. Does anyone know if loongsouls white is more like a paper white or is it tinted pink or yellow? Thanks!