1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

LoongSoul Doll Product Review

Nov 3, 2012

1. What did you order?
      ZhuZhao in French Yellow skin, with company face up and company body blushing, and the wig that went with it. Before the doll was finished I received a notification that the wig was no longer available so I asked for a wig of the same price randomly. I'm not sure it was the same price but I guess so. Uur we the same colour. XD

When did you order?
      20 February 2020, arrived 10 November 2020, through Italian dealer BJD Dreams.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes, the quality is very good. The resin is smooth, i found no damage or chips anywhere. The head magnet was loose so i had to glue it in or I couldn't get the head cap back on, otherwise perfect.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Sort of? I think the photos on their site are heavily edited. He looks a bit more masculine on their pictures, perhaps because of the wig and clothes. I mean, he's gorgeous, but if it was another of their sculpts, I would have believed it too.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      With the doll, face up and blushing yes. The wig no. I will probably get a different one.

Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      He's very pretty. I think he's quite long stretched. My other big boys seem bulkier somehow. It feels like the proportions are a bit off and his neck is too long? Otherwise the quality is great, the blushing is beautiful but subtle, his face up is very nice and he comes with lashes, which I like.

Would you buy more from this company?
      Yes

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.
      [​IMG]

2. Can you please post a picture of his face thanks in advance ?

3. I'd also love to see a close-up of his face. I'm considering purchasing a LoongSoul with full faceup and body blushing but I haven't seen many owner photos of the quality.

4. You can see more close ups of his face on his doll profile. I just made a lot of pictures outdoors.
      https://denofangels.com/doll-profiles/dougal-berahthraban.19030/

5. * What did you order?
      Little jiao mu jiao with faceup in ws
      * When did you order?
      August 2021
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes but if I were to order from LoongSoul again I’ll go directly to their official store on taobao rather than go through a dealer in US, it become so much more expensive…
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      He is my first 1/6 bjd so I don’t have much experience about this size generally, but first impression is that the body poses so well! And it can be handled with one hand! The joints are very smooth!
      Negative is that LoongSoul ws is so white that it almost looks like paper, but according to another LoongSoul doll I have from 2020, it will gradually become a more natural white, but there’s 2 years waiting…
      * Would you buy more from this company?
      Yes!!!

6. What did you order?
      Helian Rongyin in Tan Skin (3-part ver. 3 body); with face up and no body blush.

When did you order?
      April 2021

Super!

Yes

Very much.

This is my first time owning a Tan Doll and he is a bit on the red side rather than the brown. It was actually a gamble to buy him because LS has no reference photos of what their tan dolls would look like on their dolls and with their new formula. So that is one of my major disappointments. Other than that, the version body 3 of their 70 cm dolls have it's ups and downs when it comes to how easily / difficult it would be to pose them. For now, I still prefer the ver.2 (although love that ver 3 has less bulky muscles which makes him look more on the lean side).

Without a doubt!

7. What did you order?
      Twinflower Bu Zhi outfit and an unstyled white wig

When did you order?
      September 2021 for the outfit and then November for the wig (and I combined the orders). Arrived April 2022 after a short field trip to the wrong customer's house. :abambi: (If the person who got my order is reading this, thank you for forwarding it to me!)

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      I think the price was fair, yes. More so for the clothes than the wig.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes!

Were you satisfied with the product?
      I am satisfied in general!

Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product
      (Outfit)
      Very beautifully crafted, and it is so easy to dress my doll in them! I cannot get over how nice they were to put on, haha, I wish all doll hanfu were made with such consideration! The fabric is nice and soft, and while it has a translucent quality, there are enough layers that the doll's body never shows. It gives it a flowy and dreamy feel. 100% love it! The accessories are also really pretty. You do need to take the doll's head off to get the necklace on but that's the one downside to this outfit and not such a bad one!

(Wig)
      This wig was unstyled, but actually the bangs are already kind of outlined? The doll this wig was made for has a hime cut, so the unstyled wig's bangs are cut to about the chin. I wasn't actually expecting this, but it's my fault for not looking more closely at the listing! I think having the bangs kinda started for you can be considered a good point! The wig itself is also very soft and has a subtle, natural shine. I like it a lot.

On the bad points, it was shedding when I first took it out of the bag. :o This totally threw me as I never had a wig shed so much just from being taken out of the bag for the first time... Thankfully, this is a pretty voluminous wig so the missing hairs aren't even noticeable, but still...

Would you buy more from this company?
      Clothing, definitely yes. Wigs, maybe not.

8. * What did you order? Yuze Style A with makeup and everything except his clothing and shoe.

* When did you order? End of October

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, definitely.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, almost alike.

* Were you satisfied with the product? Most definitely.

• Pros: finally received yuze after months of waiting ✋️ he beautifully and the quality is awesome.
      • Cons: took too long but at least it came other than that, not much I can think of.
      * Would you buy more from this company? Most definitely will.

9. * What did you order? Ying Zhou on the b73-03 73cm body in white, and Bai Jue in normal yellow
      * When did you order? April 2022 and November 2022 respectively (6 month layaways with Alice's Collections for each)
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? I ordered them both blank, and Bai Jue in a different color form the promo images, but they look like the blank images. I'd even say that in person, the 62 cm body is better than the promo images! I didn't like it in the promo images, but in person it's lovely
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very!!
      Positives: beautifully sculpted, good weight, feels like they're well strung.
      Negatives: the white is *very* paper white, which is fine since I dyed it anyway, but their promo images make it difficult to tell just how white it is. The stringing guide included is also not for the specific body and has images from older joint systems, so it's a little hard to tell how to restring Ying Zhou's arms, since he has a two part elbow joint (which I'm personally not a fan of, especially compared to the single peanut joint the 62cm body has, which looks nicer and poses just as well imo). One of his knee joints also had a bit of flash in it that made it not move as nicely, but once i figured out what the problem was, I was able to trim it down. Any other issues I had are from me dying the body, and it took the dye well with minimal marbling, especially since I dyed it twice.
      One of the magnets in Bai Jue's headcap came out, but that's easy enough to fix myself.
      * Would you buy more from this company? Absolutely!! I'd love to get one of their fullsets someday

10. * What did you order?
      A Little Xiang with company face-up in Light Rose (Imported) on a B-26-04 (Special Girl) body
      * When did you order?
      February 2023 - shipped August 2023 via Alice's Collections
      For the doll itself, the quality and price are appropriately matched. The sculpt is lovely, the resin is even in tone and sanded smooth, and she has a good weight to her. She came strung extremely tight, but I can tell that with some play, she will even out and become a good poser. However, the company face-up cost $50 and is not a $50 face-up, in my opinion.
      The sculpt and body are exact matches for the photos, but the face-up is a clear situation where the promotional photos were done by a more skilled artist than the actual product for sale. It's not a bad face-up - the blushing is very nice and soft - but the fine lines on the lashes, lips, and brows are not executed as skillfully as in the promotional photos.
      Yes! She is a very cute little doll and her build quality is very good. I'm really looking forward to seeing how she loosens up, because I can tell she has the potential to be a good poser. Loongsoul's packaging is really nice and included extras of all her magnets and S-hooks, along with a head puller and eye putty. She shipped in a custom-cut foam insert with bubble wrap around her hands and feet, and bubble wrap, a face shield, and a tissue around her head.
      Pros:
      -Charming sculpt with well-sculpted details on hands and feet
      -Great finishing quality (seam lines sanded)
      -Base doll is a great value for the money.
      -Company accommodated a special request to swap which body the doll was on.
      Cons:
      -Strung extremely tight
      -Six+ month production time
      -Face-up doesn't look like photos.
      -The mobility thighs on this body are only for rotating the thigh. They don't have a little shelf to let the doll hold her legs to her chest. You can slot the legs up onto the top of the thigh for a bit more range of motion, but it's not very stable.
      Yes, I just wouldn't buy the company face-up again.

Unboxing photos
      Face-up Close-up

#30 SputnikCentury, Sep 2, 2023
      Last edited: Sep 9, 2023