1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Loongsoul Doll Tiny discussion part 1

Jan 28, 2012

1. how adorable..I can't wait to receive my centaur boy. I've been told he shipped but still waiting.

2. TY and omg Tipsyfox you are so lucky! your son is too adorable drawing that for you... you know this has to be laminated so you can show him when he's bringing home his first GF lol.

3. aw, how cute is that drawing your son made!

Lady Tiku your tiger baby is adorable!

can someone tell me what size wig the centaur kids wear?

4. TY ^^ Enyu will have to give up the dresses this weekend since the 'owner' of them is arriving on Monday ;p... back to being a boy I guess! ;p

It depends on what company its from and if you don't mind the fit (meaning you can deal with too big and find ways to make it work). The wig Enyu is wearing with the top bun... is like 2 sizes too big (small fitting 7-8 from Leeke I think). Technically I think these dolls heads are about a 4-5. 5-6 in a small fitting wig...

did you have a particular wig or company in mind? Might get better fit advice if we knew that. Just because something has a size label does not always guarantee fit ><

I have 8-9 wigs from Iplehouse that just barely fit ... if you work at it... and one that I would have called a 7-8... O_o...

5. Ahh, that drawing of Edward is so cute!! :)
      I've been lurking around this thread for a while since I'm trying to save up for a centaur Beck myself. Although, I'm not really sure why they don't seem to be available in tan? I wonder if that's the kind of thing the company might be willing to do if you asked.
      Edit: or actually, he seems to be available in tan from horusdoll but not mint on card. Weird.

6. Lady Tiku,

I dont know... I was thinking of just a fur wig like the ones Ive seen on ebay. Ive bought some nice ones from a seller called sunnyswonderfulworld for my 1/6 fashion dolls.

they also have a webste:
      http://www.swdoll.com/index.php

Id like a short light color wig b/c Im scared a dark one will stain the doll's face.

7. first about the staining.. don't go paranoid.. these dolls can be cleaned and 'hair' brushing a face won't be in contact enough to do it really (the concern with wig staining is more for where the cap part sits on the head... ) I don't worry about it too much since none of my dolls go bald... I choose to enjoy my dolls with all their 'warts' so to speak. My Enyu took a fall and has a nifty yellow mark now (looks like a 'bindi' mark lol) It's too close to his face up for 'me' to clean (don't trust my hands). But it's under any wigs he wears so I just leave it be. If you check the resin you are worried about being stained every few days/once a week... any stain should come of with magic eraser at that stage. also those 'wig/head cap' covers are good to help prevent that. I'd suggest 'color setting' the wig but I'm not sure how that would go with those wigs (id be worried about the wig loosing color). Also those wigs tend to fit loosely enough there isn't a lot of prolonged contact... Need to check with Nero's owner.. his is an over-sized fur wig and more or less is held on with his ears the same as Enyu's 'girl' wigs. ^^

As for SWDoll... i've heard good things about them... I want the stain guard top/pants for my EID boys since they often wear stuff that stains almost immediately; just handling some items transfers color to my hands >< and it's fabric that won't stand washing. Luckily for me baby tights prevented that problem for now ;p... It helps to find someone you know who knows a bit about what fabric will or won't stain (not all of it does). Just keep an eye on area's with blushing... and MSC the stink out of it... that will let you do 'mild' cleaning of minor color transfer... Don't let the 'word' stain scare you... it doesn't always mean permanent... think in terms of 'will it transfer color', and if yes how easy/hard is it to clean? If you worry about this too much you won't be able to enjoy your dolls for fear of getting them dirty... You should see the inside of my one guys joints lol... blue... from where the joint ate the clothing and I didn't notice.... one day he will get a good bath but until then no one but me will see it. ;p Resin can clean up better than some other things.

8. thanks lady Tiku! thats reassuring that its not as bad as many bjd articles make it seem. I still feel I should be careful though. i havent really thought about clothing yet, luckily its not something my centaur kid will need right away being half horsey and all!

9. leather and leather like or suede are the worst because you can't wash them to set the dye's. (and black anything ><). Just check your own laundry for a guide... I'm sure you know which stuff fades etc. I've had my own legs turn blue from jeans I didn't pre-wash lol... never mind what it did to my 'white' undies O_o ><. And if you know you won't be able to 'check' you dolls (ie going on a trip w/o the doll) ya leave me nekkid put away in a box. No point in exposure to the less wanted stuff if there is no reason.. really it's common sense.

And a lot of articles are from the point of view of "collectors" of the 'must remain pristine for value' types. Not the "I love my dolls to death and always play with them".

Think of comics... what's the point of a books if you never open it? Put your money in a bank if it's an investment you want... that's how I think. The best loved toys are the ones that in the end look the worst because they were well played with and loved ^^

10. I also wrap their body with clear plastic wrap to avoid staining...at least I do that with my fashion dolls since they stain easily b/c of the vinyl. It doesnt always look nice though as some plastic will peek out from under the clothes...:|

My doll is supposed to arrive at the end of December or January...do they usually leave it at your door or do you have to pick it up at the post office? I hope its the later b/c I wouldnt want it laying on my yard where it could get wet or stolen. :pout:

11. This depends on your service... Some will drop off some require pick up mine requires a signature and if I am not home it goes back to the P-office ans I have to pick up then... Call you local post office (the one you deal with) you can ask what the policy is and at that time you can make a request for them to hold it at the office when it arrives. But you can do this when you get a shipping notice (and will have a better idea of when it will arrive). But I would think if you can put a stop delivery of mail for various reasons it should be the same for parcels?

12. Im getting it from Jeeryama, I will email her & ask what service she used...thanks!

13. not what I meant.... what she sends it as does not affect your local post office... you need to ask your post man so to speak... and I would hope she uses EMS ... but that is more the speed/insurance/etc. stuff... I live in Canada so Canada Post is what I send through... but someone in the USA does not 'get' Canada Post... it then transfers to UPS (think that's it). Not knowing where you are doesn't help me help you >< ... If you were in the UK it would be something totally different because of customs. It all depends on YOUR location. I'm sucking at explaining >< sorry.

14. In the US if it was shipped EMS it usually ends up in USPS. If you are not home when USPS tries to deliver the leave a slip at the door and you can pick up your package when you get a chance or they try and redeliver on another day. Hope that helps :)

15. ^yes Im in the USA, & she ships EMS so it would be USPS. but Ive gotten packages from Asia both dropped off at my home and at the post office were I would have to bring a small card left in my mailbox to pick it up. I hope its the later.

16. It depends on if a package requres someone to sign for it too. ALL my orders from the company require signatures so they 'never' get left on the step. But a parcel form cousins 300 miles from me to stuffed in my mail box lol. the card is usualy a package needing a signature that no one was home to give. If you have a 'tracking' number and can follow it, you can try to tell your local post office to 'hold' that item (not deliver it) and that you will do a pick up?

17. so I got an email from Christina(Jeeryama)confirming they had just shipped out my parcel. She sent me a tracking number and a website and if i used it right I think its still in transit. Im so glad she emailed me bc its already January and I was starting to worry. :sweat

18. hey, so i got my doll a few days ago and am just thrilled with him! Hes adorable and ahh i cant stop rubbing the resin whenever i look at the pieces lol, its so smooth and shiny! kind of a shame to have to covert it up in sealant. I really like how it looks, almost like glazed porcelain. I was also surprised at how white he is, I think I would have actually preffered the flesh tone but oh well thats no biggy.

he was really well packaged except for one little odd thing. When I grabbed one of the little fabric sacs holding the dog tag"keychain'? thingy I noticed the unicorn horn was stuck to the outside of the sac! it wasnt wrapped or anything it was just loose in the box ..I guess it slipped them by while they were packing everything up? fortunatly it wasnt damaged!

now Im wondering if I should just seal him half assembled like he came or take everything apart first. I really do not want to take him apart he's so well strung!

19. about the horn... being magnetic it may have been pulled out of something to attach itself to the tag... Enyu's tail (when he's not wearing it) ends up in some odd places lol. I just don't have a proper container for it lol.

Why are you going to seal your doll? Did you paint it? If not you don't need to seal it.... especially if he came blushed. If he did he is already sealed, sealing is not something you should have to do with new dolls unless they came blank for you to paint.

20. he didnt come with a face-up or blushing, I plan to do it myself! I know I need to seal his face when i do the faceup , but Im not sure how much of the body Ill blush. I might just do the hooves and the tail. If I leave his body blank I dont know if not sealing could damage it. The body might also end up looking too different from the sealed head.