1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Losing interest after having a baby

Feb 20, 2021

1. Congrats! I think it's pretty normal to lose interest in any hobby after you have a baby. Just Mother Nature's way of making sure that your focus is where it should be. :XD::XD:

Don't worry, dolls are infinitely more patient than babies. They'll be waiting for you. :3nodding:

2. I don't have children myself, however I find myself thinking/focusing more on starting a family than I am tending to my own hobbies (which dolls are a big part of). I wouldn't lose hope at this point. Welcoming a new baby into your life/family is a large undertaking, but in time I am sure a routine will form and you will take pleasure in things that are 'just for you' later on. :)

3. I have a 6 year old daughter who was the catalyst for me selling most of my dolls. I slowly started building back up my collection as she was a toddler. I just had a baby this past August and am actually due to have another one again this August, and I'm actively buying dolls right now during my pregnancy.
      The biggest difference for me is in what kind of dolls I'm buying. I prefer smaller dolls that aren't fussy to bring around the house and sturdier models so my daughter can handle them now and then. I also don't have anything super expensive any more. The sole biggest doll in my house NOW is an MSD sized Planetdoll Emma that I got for... I think $120 on the marketplace? She actually stays in my daughter's room up on her dresser. She was a rehab project from the jump, so it's very low stakes.
      For me, I felt like I would have limited interest in dolls when I had my daughter, and this turned out to be true, but with my new babies, I like having a little part of myself for myself and I have the bandwidth for it because I'm not just figuring out this whole motherhood thing.

4. Well said!

5. To be honest, I think it’s not the same anymore. But it’s not a bad thing! You just have something that is so much more time consuming and interesting haha. A good amount of it will come back eventually, but even as a mama of a 4 year old, I don’t have enough time for myself. It’s more important for me to roll around the couch or hang out with my husband when I have down time. The more of your bandwidth you recover, the more you’ll find yourself coming back to hobbies. Congrats!!