1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Losing/Misplacing Doll Parts or Dolls?

Dec 7, 2006

1. I lost my Rosee Asha's (Vyvyn's) bag o extra ears! I was fortunate that another member was selling one and the person that bought hers did not want the extra ears. Sheesh.

2. I lost one of my yo-tenshi wings...

but it was lost because it fell in a fountain!! :o I tried to reach in after it (duck poop water and all) but the water was too deep and I never could find it. :ablah:

3. I lost the round magnetic piece on the upper headcap, seriously, and it's never been found. I mean.... in a closed room with normal colored tiled floors, I've searched every nook and corner and it couldn't be found.

Does anyone know WHERE to get magnetic strips in round shape?

Currently Fuu is running around without the magnet to hold his headcap onto his head, so it's solely dependant on the wigs to keep it on ...... DX

4. Eww, it sucks losing that wing to water. x.x I'm so sorry.

5. I misplaced my Lusis teeth. I say misplaced since I know they are in the house somewhere.

6. Just wondering if anyone has lost their dolls, either stolen, lost when moving, lost in boxes and boxes of things or some kind of weird happenings.

For me, I'll never lose them unless someone steals it and take it away from me, and I keep good track of them (since none of them are in boxes anyway)

7. Yep. Read all about it in the link in my signature.

8. omg!!
      That's totally low, whoever that did it.
      I'm sorry to hear it, hope you find her soon.

9. I've never lost a doll, though! I always know where they all are. Even if I can never remember, anymore, EXACTLY how many I have...lol! There's a reason I pretty much just use names for "role call", because if I count I'll get confused. Isn't that terrible? :D

10. I hope it never happens to me.

I do plan to go places with my dolls, and my family may be moving soon ((not to mention I'm a complete ditz and misplace a ton of things))

I hope you find her head OpheliaB My hopes go out to you.

11. Emblen - To avoid the moving clutter, pack your dolls up before it starts. Make sure you know you have everyone. Put their spare clothes in plastic bags so you're not wandering around going "OMFG where is his left shoe?!" when your house is in disarray.

When I take my dolls places, I pack them the night before so they are ready to go and I don't have to worry when I'm rushing around trying to get out the door. :)

12. THanks for the advice, I've been trying to keep all the small dolly things I have in a box so my cat doesn't run off with something. Or something goes missing, sadly my room is in dire nead of cleaning. I'm not so much afraid of losing my doll right now as I am his little things like you stated.:sweat

13. Plastic bags, in the box. Trust me, I've got more doll stuff than I know what to do with (and far too many dolls, lol) so keeping up with it all is of extreme importance to me. I've got three MSD clothing bags, a tiny clothing bag, my Bobobie tiny's clothing bag, a shoes bag, and a wig bag. (All bags except the Bobobie's are gallon bags, and my wig bag is bursting at the seams, I need to divide it into two!) I like to keep eyes in small boxes, but plastic bags are great for everything else! Boxes can have their tops knocked off and things scattered, but it takes opposable thumbs to open a plastic bag. ;)

14. wow, i've never taken them out before. It seems so dangerous, (I'm like the over-protective parents..haha)
      But its good to hear your advice, OpheliaB, just in case it does happen in the future.

Emblen: oh man, i've lost so many things when I moved last year, but I made sure I drove my dolls over to my new place myself so noone can get lost.. you know how the movers are... :P

15. I've never lost a doll, but I have lost plenty of little items for my dolls. Shoes, smaller clothing items. I suspect my cats are to blame for some of the items - they like to play with small items and they often end up under furniture.

16. ahh...pets and dolls, they just don't mix.

17. To be honest, I've never been paranoid taking my dolls out (beyond HOLY CRAP KEEP YOUR WIG ON PLEASE). Note that my head did not disappear from a public place.

BUT IF you want to ensure their safety, do this:

Do not take your dolls where it will be dirty, overly crowded, or high-risk (think parades, concerts, outdoor festivals, etc.)
      Make sure your doll is in a bag for transport, an actual doll carrier. Preferably one that zips up completely. If you have tinies and are female, you can put them in your purse....but make sure that purse zips up!
      When holding your doll, do not let them out of your arms unless you trust the other person.
      To avoid people grabbing for your pretty doll as you walk, hold it tightly to you and turn its face into your chest. Trust me on this one. If the doll looks like it doesn't want to be bothered, then people won't bother it.
      Don't walk around with tinies in your arms/hands. They are too easily knocked out of your grip/yanked by a thief. Carry in your arms only MSD and larger.
      Be very aware of the possibility that wigs, shoes, and even some articles of clothing may fly off when you least expect it. Try to minimize that before you leave the house by choosing shoes that lace up past the ankle, wigs that fit snugly, and no dangling anything on the clothing!

I probably have some more, but this is what comes to mind immediately.

18. Thanks Ophelia, it's a lot of help.
      I have been contemplating for quite some time if I should bring my dolls out, and where would I bring them, etc.
      I actually would like to take them out to a park and take pictures with the greens and nature.. but i guess it'd be kinda dirty, and also, i kinda feel weird when there are strangers around.

19. Awww, I do that all the time. :) Just take a Magic Eraser with you for the dolls themselves and a Tide pen for their clothes. ^^ I find I get people asking me if I made them, or if I am an art student. No threatening strangers or anything. Usually the unsavoury types will see what you're doing, think you're a wackadoo and probably have a switchblade in your cleavage or something and they leave you alone :D

20. I keep my pukipuki in a small pocket sized carrying case. I put her in my purse to bring to show a friend. I went in his house, then we left, in the dark, to go out to eat. On the way out I tripped, and when we got to the restaurant, my doll was gone. Luckily, she was on his lawn right where I tripped when I got back.