1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Losing/Misplacing Doll Parts or Dolls?

Dec 7, 2006

1. After a most traumatic move from NY to NJ (insert long, unhappy story here), I finally got my last three dolls & assorted doll stuffs (clothes, shoes, etc) out of storage today. Happiness ensued as they'd all been in unreachable Rubbermaid containers for about six or seventh months, and I'd missed them dearly.

Fast forward to a few hours later, and I'm still euphoric about having my darlings back BUT... I am missing one piece. :horror:

In the grand scheme of things, it's not so bad - I'm missing a Dollfie Dream large bust. It could have been a headcap (had that scare earlier :sweat ), a LE outfit or wig (had that scare too! :sweat :sweat) or even a head, instead it's a part readily available on the Volks USA site.

But it's still driving me nuts. *_*

My husband is sure I'll find it eventually (we still have TONS of boxes in our new basement and back at the storage place that it could possibly be in) but it's still VERY irritating.

Has this happened to anyone else? Did you eventually find the part/outfit/whatever?

2. postal service.. it's a mystery

3. Its been a year and a half...and I'm still missing a finger that I put somewhere so I wouldn't loose it.....

I gave up and bought new hands

4. I once left my purse in a store while my mom and I were shopping with my doll in it. Needless to say there was a hasty sprint back to the store when I was going to get something out of my purse and it wasn't there. But the staff at the store had seen the purse and put it behind the counter, so all was there when I got it back. Scary though. I know carry a purse that I sling around me so I don't have to take it off.

5. Darryl (Kohya) was misplaced for over two weeks once. I finally found him in a laundry basket full of clean clothes in my parents' room - apparently my mom had set him in it when moving him, then set clothes on top of him and forgot he was there when she took the basket up to her room.

6. Thankfully, no I haven't. However, yesterday I almost completely forgot Cammy at someone's house. :sweat Thankfully, she'd have been in good hands, but boy would I have freaked out if I had gotten home and she wasn't there.

7. wow..that's a close one

8. I've never lost one but then I only have one :sweat.
      I do worry about losing her stuff though, like her clothes

9. I never lost a doll, but I've lost my Puki, Snug's, ears twice. Once I took him out on a photoshoot while at college. When I got back to my room his ears where no longer on his head ;-; I retraced my steps and eventually found them =D thought I looked like a moron scouring the ground inch by inch out in front of my dorm.

The second time was my first time going to a meet-up, I drove to Nicole's house because we where carpooling and when I got out I looked down at my Snug and his left ear was missing >_o we and my friend Nate looked ALL OVER the ground and my car but came up with nothing. It wasn't until the next day that I had pushed my car allllll the way forward and looked u nder the seat, did I find it stuck to a random metal piece under the chair.

You have to be careful with Puki pieces, they are magnetic so can be easily be lost. But if you are careful and don't give up, they can most likely be found :)

10. well never lost a doll persay but I have been guilty of taking random doll to a friends house who I do trust and Forgetting them. She has a few dolls and when YOu sit them down and go and do stuff the spend the night and have to leave at the crack of dawn to get to work or other places Your mind tends to forget important things. Luckly she called me and let me know the doll was safe and I was able to get it a few days later.

11. Never completely "lost" a whole doll, but I do know I have misplaced somewhere a Zouk eye.

It was in the head for one moment, then after it fell and the headpiece went somewhere, the eye went somewhere too.

Thankfully it`s all in my room so all I have to do is search a small area.
      (which I still haven`t done)

12. I've never lost a doll, but then I only have one so it is easy to keep track of her. Her clothes however :sweat I'm still missing her little purple under shirt. I was playing dress up with her and it was there one second and gone the next. I've pulled the couch apart but it is nowhere to be found.

13. I've never actually "lost" a doll, as much as I put him down and then loose him for a hour, realizing I don't remember where I put him, do you realize how hard I think it would be to loose him in my own house, just by placing him down. Kizi is a 70cm doll....that shouldn't happen. Otherwise, outside my house, I have never forgotten anything, whether its where I put him, or something of his.

14. Never completely lost a doll. Only once forgot my L-Bi at an old friends house -__-' Boy did I freak out or what at the train home when I realized I was one doll bag less. Fortunately i called her and she told me he was still whit her. I think the other passenger stared a bit at me at my reactions when i talked to her. ohh well I was happy(If not to say over joyed) the day after when I got him back ^__^

A more tramuatick story is when I was going home from another friend of mine.
      I was carrying one of my big boys on my arm. I turned to hug my friend one last time, and my boy dicieded to do a back flip... I freaked and literally panicked when I saw his head cap and wig going down under the train *I believe I also cried ^^; ..Luckily for me the conductor almost crawled under the train and got my stuff back ^__^
      Gave that man *My hero for the day* Lots of hugs, and promised my boy that from there on I would only let him travel safely in his carriage bag ^^;

15. I don't see how they could get stolen, since a lot of people not in the know of BJD's think they're scary.:lol:

16. GOD NO.

If I ever lost SIGHT of my dolls I would scream, cry, faint and then search everyone and everything within a five mile radius. O.O

I looked over my dolls religously.

17. I lost my tiny girl's feet for about a year and a half. Her feet were too big for her shoes so I took them off and put her legs in her shoes. A few months later I wanted to take her shoes off and thought "OMG where did I put those tiny little feet??" I remembered putting them in a safe place so they wouldn't get lost (har har) but I couldn't find them until muuucccchhhh later by mistake!

18. Iv had a doll stolen:

About a year ago or so I had ordered a kid delf cherry boy from luts. Waited and waited, the usual doll wait, it felt like forever of course. I checked the tracking on the day he had come and it hadnt changed, so I figured the day after he would come. So I waited, and then when I checked the tracking number there was a name that I didnt recognize. I called the post office right away and learned that my package had been signed for by someone who said they knew me, or so the lady on the phone said. I was devistated.. x.x Later that day the post came and told me that he had given my package to a little oriental lady that had been waiting in the lobby. She lives in the appartment above mine and so figured the box was there.

Went up stairs, unfortunitly the lady doesnt speak english and so she got on the phone with her translator person. They talked for a minute while I glanced around her appartment.. no box.. Got on the phone with the woman who told me that the lady had said the contents of the box, since she had opened MY package.. x.x, looked like rubbish and so threw it all away into the TRASH COMPACTOR... ;-; I got so upset, I wanted to strangle that little old senial lady.. Later on I was contacted by the post office telling me I would be re-embursed fully for the loss of my package and the man was fired for inappropriate miss handling of my property. It is still upsetting, since I never got to see my little cherry boy or even touch him.. and the thought that he was crushed and just thrown away... ;-;

I couldnt bare to order another cherry boy, so ordered a bory instead.. Maybe I will get a cherry boy sometime.

19. 1.) I lost the cross to my Dollheart Fer...wasn't really my fault though...it fell off somewhere. I've never been a cross person (no pun intended) so its never bothered me.

2.) I lost a headcap for 2 days....It had slipped between my footboard and mattress.

3.) Back when I had my Unoa 2.0, I lost her little resin heels for like 2 weeks...I had put them in a little container on top of the fridge so I wouldn't lose them....go figure!

I've never lost a whole doll though.

20. Foxxian: That's terrible! I would have ... GODS, that's so horrible, I don't even know what I'd do! >__< It's good that you were reimbursed though and that actions were taken. I hope that you will be able to order a Cherry again some day. ;__; <3

When I lose things, I go into hysterics and hyperventilate, especially over things that are VERY important to me. I wouldn't even DARE IMAGINING losing a doll if I had one. I'd probably have a mental breakdown and go insane if I couldn't find him.