1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Losing/Misplacing Doll Parts or Dolls?

Dec 7, 2006

1. I keep on doing that with my new tiny, I put him down on my bed and the can't find him for hours at a time. Of course it doesn't help that his wig and eyes are the same colour as my sheets :doh

I really feel for anybody that has truly lost a doll or doll items.

2. I have to comment on this, even if it is a bit old....By this logic, every single person would be rushing the table, to get their doll, all attempting to be the first to get their doll. This would cause complete chaos. I've seen chaos ensue just over people trying to get a picture, let alone, trying to all be the first to grab their beloved doll before someone snatches it. Why do people insist on trying to strike fear into the hearts of all people who collect, and have them fearful that their dolls are in constant danger? Go to a meet-up. Have fun! While there are the occasional bad-apples at meets, there are also alot of wonderful people out there, who are intriguing, and fun! I think if people are this fearful of their dolls being taken, they shouldn't take them out to begin with. I mean i obviously would say use common sense. Don't leave your doll unattended, and such, but i think that some people just take that idea to an extreme, and try to scare people needlessly. I've heard of doll heads/dolls being stolen by people who went into a room at someone's house, so i do know it's a possiblity. But I just don't think it's something that is going to happen often. I can count the number of times i've heard of a doll being stolen at a meet-up on one hand.

The words in this posting are "There is no need to be paranoid", paranoia is the very thing being instilled, by trying to make people so scared that at any given meet-up, their doll will vanish.

3. The only time I've ever "lost" a doll would be when I was unable to find my Pocket Fairy Choco for a while... I eventually discovered him underneath a Dollshe bottom. T_T

4. Foxxian, that's awful. I would have been devastated. D: I'm glad you were reimbursed, though.

I've never personally lost a doll...if I take them anywhere they never leave my sight...they rarely even leave my hands. At meets (or rather, the one that I've been to) when I did put my doll down, I kept him in my sight at all times. If I'm traveling (and I have brought my dolls across the country), if the doll bag isn't in my lap or between my legs, I keep the strap wrapped around my hand. Mind you, all my dolls are 60cm or taller, so they're harder to lose. I have a couple tinies, and I am totally afraid I'm going to lose them or one of their pieces (my Orientdoll has teeny magnetic wings), even just in my bedroom...so I generally don't move them much.

I'm more worried about breaking the dolls. I've already broken the fingers of two dolls, and one of them wasn't even mine. :( I broke three of my Dimo's fingers and the fingers disppeared. We cleaned this room from top to bottom and they never turned up. To this day I don't know where they went...so I guess I've at least lost doll parts. :lol:

5. Oh my GOD Foxxian!! I'm so sorry that happened, argh! How awful :( I hope one day you can get your Cherry Boy! ;_;

6. Foxxian, that's so sad. I'm glad that postal worker got fired for what they did. I hope that one day you will get your Cherry boy and you're going to love him.

comicbookartistboi, OpheliaB has a very real reason to recommend people are extra vigilant when it comes to their dolls. I'm sure you would be too if one of your dolls was stolen from a place you thought would be safe. Dolls do get stolen and there are bad apples in this community, we need to protect ourselves and our dolls and know that the people you put in charge of your property aren't going to disappear into the sunset with them.

I've never lost a doll or had one stolen, but I have had other property stolen from me. Since then I have never let anyone borrow so much as a favourite pen from me, much less my mobile, iPod or God forbid, one of my dolls. I do trust people I know very well with my things, but only while I'm around. I don't like to lend people my things because then what happens to those items is out of my control.

7. A hero indeed! Glad you got it back safely.

:o OMG!! That's so awful! I would've cried if anything like that happened to my dollie! It's good to know you were rembursed, hopefully one day, you'll get a cherry boy :)

Haven't lost mine yet, although I think I'd never let her out of my sight at all

8. Nope I've never lost a doll *knock on wood* but I have lost a doll shirt, well my mom lost it. ^^; she offered to wash it and it went *poof* sadly it was form sadol and I cant get another one in that size (it was just a white button down) because they rarely offer Sd10 size anymore. >.<

I wash any doll clothes by hand myself now.

9. I have never lost a doll, I'm pretty consious of where I put them. I have lost Puki parts, and found the pieces hours later. So least to say, I don't take my Pukis with me. They aren't safe in my pockets or purse either, they have their way of slipping out. 0.0

I am waiting for a Charles Creature Cabinet Firefly Faerie, she will be going places with me, and can't wait to take her at night, no worries in losing this one................she's glow in the dark!!!! woohoo............a bjd that demands sunlight!

10. This is embarassing to admit--but I have lost a doll.
      I got Leile with my B&G order. And I put her in a safe place while I was deciding if I was going to keep her or sell her. Now I don't remember where I put her.

11. thank heaven, tis has never happened to me, i keep my dolls in my livingroom near by.

12. I put my dolls away if I'm leaving town without them. I don't hide them exactly, but I put them out of sight. Once, I picked up my tiny Elfdolls and put them in a very obscure place, just as I was walking out the door and later didn't remember where I put them for several months. I ransacked all the usual places where I stash things, but they remained hidden until once day it just popped into my head where they were. I have always, unfortunately, been absent-minded.

13. Just the thought of losing one of my babies makes me want to cry :...(

14. I love my puki for about a week. I put her somewhere and forgot which bag she was in ><

I also lost her default right hand AND her right pukisha paw. I don't think her right magnet is very strong in her hand...

15. when I was really little I brought my favorite doll to a mall around christmas. There was a display set up and I ran over to it. I then ran back over to my mom and realized I had left my doll at the display. It was literally like 30 seconds but by the time I went back she was already gone =[

16. I have to agree. I've been to several meets, I'm not anywhere near so paranoid as to be constantly hovering around my dolls every two seconds, and I've never had a problem. If you're used to carrying a purse, take the same care with your dolls as you would with it. Yes, things can get stolen (if you're from a big city like me, this is nothing new to you!) but that shouldn't make you nervous about meeting other people.

It's like being afraid to go out in public because your purse MIGHT get stolen. Yeah it happens, but how often, really?

17. I've never lost a doll, either-- during restringing, a couple s-hooks have slipped out of sight to be discovered later after frantic searching; during spring cleaning the stringing to my sister's Bee-A got put in a box and no one could remember where it was for weeks, and we discovered it after we'd already bought her new elastic. XD
      Oh, and Miles' clothes like to go missing temporarily because I wash them with mine. The crawl into sleeves or pockets, and I eventually find them when hanging up clothes or picking an outfit to wear.
      I would be totally DEVASTATED if I lost a doll of course, which will probably be more of a possibility once I get my Brownie than it is now, seeing as I currently only own minis. I am quite absent-minded, so I'll have to take some precautions with the Brownies.
      As for dolls getting stolen...
      -In the mail: There's really nothing one can do other than using reputable postal services and never sending a doll off for work/faceup unless it's someone reputable with lots of good feedback-- someone you really feel comfortable trusting with something so valuable.
      -In public: Most people don't know what BJDs are, let alone how expensive they are... and there are a lot of people who are creeped out by them. Other than not being completely careless, I don't think there's anything to worry about.
      -At meetups: Rather than being afraid to take a doll to a meetup or being suspicious/cautious of people, the safest thing is probably to introduce yourself and your dolls to as many people as possible! Then if someone tried to snatch your doll while it was set up on a table or something, other people would notice and think, "Hmmm, I don't think that's that person's doll..."
      =]

18. I haven't lost any of their stuff so far -sigh of relief-
      I could deal with something little, but I'd die if I lost Lulu or one of the boys D:

@Foxxian
      Omg, I'm so sorry D:

But they do look expensive, so it's not hard to figure that a thief may guess that they're worth a pretty penny.

19. I lost my puki's foot for about 20 minutes. >_> We had had a hired maid come to our house and I guess my doll's foot accidently came dettached when the lady moved her around on my pillow to clean...I found it eventually after taking apart my bed. :)

20. I said this somewhere else I think but a girl I know lost her doll's head cap at a convention! She was carrying around her doll and it fell off and she never found it again. :(