1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Love at first sight turning into feelings of blah

Nov 7, 2008

1. ME TOO! though i hate when this happen cuz MY wishlist is pretty long and i dont need any more dolls on it xD

2. This somewhat happened to me. I had wanted to get a Bobobie because they were a lot cheaper than places like Volks, and I saw one I really liked. I did tons and tons of research, and I realized a Bobobie tends to be a lot skinnier than most BJDs. So, being that I could not sew, I gave up.

But they have the head only for sale, so I want the head, because the bodies of the same doll I've seen in user photos, and the neck looks skeleton-y.

3. I've had that feeling too when debating whether or not to save up for a Narae or Unoa. They are lovely and everytime I see them I fall in love with them all over again. But then I'll see pictures of them up close and they don't look as enchanting as they do in the company photos. So I move on to a mold that I know I really do want and once the doll arrives, I start looking at the Narae and Unoa again.

4. Well may be slightly offtopic but my first BJD love was Jani from Buddy Doll, but i hasn't enough spiritual power (im normal mature guy, and mens dont play with dolls... normally) to buy her when she was available. Now BuddyDoll sells boys only...
      I love Elliane (eg Lincy) but this not same as before

5. This is going to sound even more ridiculous. I purchased a doll on inpulse because of her price and her potential. After giving her a faceup, making and dyeing two mohair wigs and sewing several really cute outfits, I was very proud to show her off. People who weren't into dolls thought she was beautiful, but those who owned the same doll were luke-warm about her. I finally realized that everyone else had envisioned her as a child, but I had made her into a more glamorous adult. (The body and face were not immature but she was a 43cm girl) It really dampened my enthusiasm and I haven't done much with her since.

6. You shouldn't let others dampen your enjoyment of your doll. I have my eyes on a 43 cm and I have no intention of making her childish. I'm sorry that happened to you. I'd like to see her.
      -Sheleeta

I haven't had this happen to me yet. But I have taken the advice of the people on the board and looked at the box openings, which helped my decision, though my mom fell quickly out of love with two dolls she loved from the promo photos when she saw the box openings.

7. Yes! Yes I have the very same experience..well..a lot of experiences.
      I still like them..but not die-hard-love again...

But there is the opposite of this..the first time I saw Volks Williams I was 'blah..whatever'. But when I saw a heartbreaking photostory..I suddenly knew Williams would be my holy grail.

8. I'm confused by this, because it's really not true. At least of the girls. Both the 60cm and 43cm Bobobie girls tend to be more solid, thick-waisted (for a doll, anyway) and big breasted than quite a lot of dolls - quite similar to my AA body, for which I had to move all the snaps on her dress to fit her into.

Do you mean ResinSoul? Their minis at least are very slender.

9. I've had this twice, but after actually buying and seeing the doll in person, with Soom Spinel and Lati Kahn. I still thought they were beautiful, but I just didn't like the proportions and "feel" compared to other dolls I had.

10. Been awhile since I poked my head into this thread but after having caught up with everyone's stories..well it seems like this is a fairly common thing. I /still/ have this problem..it's actually steered me away from several dolls I had deemed as "dream dolls" but faced with the opportunity to finally buy them I was unable to stand looking at their faces anymore and decided I didn't want to spend the crazy amount of money on them.

I think I've learned what I need to do is just NOT look at them too much..because the more I look at a sculpt or doll I want the less I end up wanting it over time. Unless of course it's something like a Soom MD..^^: Oh how I wish I had ordered ye Chalco..-siiigh-