1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Love at first sight turning into feelings of blah

Nov 7, 2008

1. I fell in love with a doll int the marketplace that fit nowhere into my doll family but i simply had to have him. i put him on layaway and over time began to regret it. i really wanted to complete my currently well planned family before adding any othrs and i dont know if i'll be able to bond. i guess i will have to see when he arrives this week

2. Yup happened to me! I spent over a year saving up for a DOT Camine and i hated Ducan. Then one day i realised "Actually, I really like Ducan he'd be much better for the character" and i ended up getting a Ducan and falling out of love with Camine instead!

3. My first doll was a Kid Delf Ani. I loved the fact of having my very own doll, but she and I never really 'clicked'.

4. I generally have the opposite problem; The more I look at a doll I didn't like initially the more I end up liking her.

I *almost* wish I had your problem, but not quite. Just keep looking and eventually you'll find one you love more and more each day :D

5. I understand how you feel...I change my mind on dolls all the time. Just make sure you don't do what I do and impulsively buy.....

6. I actually had this happen with two dolls.

The first was Iplehouse Ryushin. The only reason I fell in love with him was because in the site photos, he looks very similar to an old character of mine. So I started saving up. But recently I looked at him and realized that he's not the right mould for my character. Yes the wig and eyes were the same, but he had too kind a face whereas my character is a pouty jerk.

The second was Iplehouse Tania Pierrot (I love Iplehouse :( ). At first I didn't care for her, then I fell in love with her and started planning out a character based on her. But now, again, I'm not feeling the spark. And I feel bad because she's limited and she's a gorgeous doll, and I'm afraid I'll change my mind again. But all the same I don't see her suiting me or anything I could do with her.

7. My Chiwoo was very much a love at first site (and partly sympathy because he needed a new home). Althugh I adored him when he arrived, he didn't really fit into the group, though I've managed to awkwardly work him into the story, and as cute as he is, the initial appeal has worn off. The more I look at him, the more I dislike the 'chibi' look (and big head) he has.

Plus I'm nervous about giving him a change and redoing his face up in case I do decide to sell him, even though I do want to bond with him :(

So now I wish I'd waited longer and researched more before buying him >.<

8. I have this problem all the time, but I have learned just from the sheer expense of this hobby that I must be very very careful and do lots of research (over a few weeks) to see if I really want this doll.

I nearly bought a CP Harang and Elf Yder, but after researching I sort of decided on a Sard. Thank heavens I did or I would be miserable!

9. I had that with several dolls. First it was Dollzone Hid, cause he was just awesome to me at that time but later I found out his face mold was really hideous to me.
      Same with resinsoul Mei. I wanted her so bad and decided she would be my first, but when I saw Ju, it got me thinking and I realised I liked Ju way more and that she was perfect.
      There's probably been some other cases but I don't remember :lol:
      I'm really an impulsive buyer, but in this hobby that's okay cause I don't have money to do so anyway and that forces me to think twice xD

10. I felt the same way about the MNF Shiwoo. I was automatically drawn to him out of all the MNFs and I remember just staring at him for DAYS. I had a character ready for him and everything.

But there was something odd that I really didn't like about him. I don't know if anybody else has had this problem, but the main thing that bugged me about the Shiwoo in general is that he's SO POPULAR. Everybody has one, and I wanted something different.

Luckily, I refrained from visiting Fairyland for a while and then went back and fell in love with him again. :aheartbea Now if only I had some cash on hand before I change my mind again...

11. It's happened with my first doll, that blundered into an unfortunate accident that could have been avoided if I had done more extensive research. Otherwise he would have been sold.

Since then, I've had many short-term infatuations with other molds but it's a good thing that I think it over many times and look at owners' pictures before I finally settle on a mold I like.

12. I was floored with Dollmore's Thinking Larme for quite a while before I got one, and when he arrived it was a big blah. So he spent ages in his box until I got desparate and put a different wig on him, and was floored again. Now he's a totally different boy, with a new name and identity, and we've bonded because now he just seems right. Weird, and all because of a wig change. I'm so glad I didn't give up on him.

13. The same thing recently happened to me as well.
      I saw Sard on Soom's website and -had- to have him. Then waiting for him to ship I got less interested. When he finally got here he barely got played with because he was just so huge. I also got him with factory paint and realized I didn't like the new lighter version.
      I realized I liked looking at pictures of Sards but not actually owning one.
      I ended up selling him to someone who will be much happier with him. :)

14. I do that a lot actually...I tend to fall easily in love and out of it again :sweat
      There are a few dolls, though, that I fell in love with instantly and knew that they were right for me. That was the case when I bought Loki, my breakaway. Before I saw him, I didn't even like breakaways!

15. Oh, yes! That happened to me with DoD shall. At first I was thinking 'She's so pretty/cute! Perfect for my character!" After awhile those feeling did become "blah"

But with topaz i've been in love with her for a long time- the "i really really like it" is till there longer than the Shall, so I'm relieved.

16. It happens pretty often. I'll look at one style and just fall in love, sometimes for months. But then I'll just look one day, and be in a completely different mood. I'll want older or younger looking, male or female, shorter or taller dolls and then I'll be glad I waited. As my tastes change, so do the dolls I want. :)

17. Add me to the list, too.

I tend to like getting something new and after a while get bored with it so I have to be very good about waiting to get a doll to make sure my interest won't wane. It wasn't such a big deal when I was collecting vinyls, but with the cost of BJDs, I have to be more selective.

Last year for Christmas, I went wild over a DIM Elena. Bugged DH to let me have her for Christmas. Got her and she didn't look anything like her pictures and was a pill to pose. I still have her, but the love just isn't there.

Fell in love with an Elfdoll K, but after seeing him at a meet, I realized I just love his pictures. I guess I am more into big-headed dolls. There are tons of dolls where I have come to realization that I love the owner pictures, but not having the doll myself.

18. I actually have the complete opposite experience. I hardly ever *love* a doll -- there are tons that I really like and think are beautiful, but few that I look at constantly and obsess over. There have been 4 I was crazy about and I was lucky enough to bring 3 of them home (Uni Jace, Soom Sard, and Aoi-tuki Izayoi Tukihime -- the one I missed out on was a BC Lucas girl painted by a Japanese artist). I haven't fallen out of love with those 3 at all, even though I had the last two on layaway for 4 months each. In fact, in the case of Sard and Tukihime, I actually came to appreciate them even more (their face sculpts grew on me).
      The dolls that I *do* change my mind about are the ones that I think are really pretty or that I go looking for to suit a particular character, but that don't keep me up at night. I find that I get them home, but they just don't stand up to the ones I'm crazy about and so I don't do much with them, even though they are lovely, and then I end up selling them.

19. I think I might be starting to feel this way about DOT Sha... I've been totally obsessed over Sha for about four months now, but after looking at tons of owner pictures, I'm starting to think that maybe his personality just isn't the right one for me, I've seen things in his face sculpt I don't like, etc...

On the other side I've been looking at DIM Ace and have been totally in love with his face sculpt and strong-looking yet boyish expression D: I told myself I wanted to get an SD, but gaaahh... I think I'm going to wait this out and see if I really like either of them enough to buy them... it's not like I have the money yet anyway x_x;

20. This happens to me all the time... it's the joy of getting something new (even when it's been long planned for!)