1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Love at first sight turning into feelings of blah

Nov 7, 2008

1. This just happened to me, actually. When I first saw Soo Ri, it was love at first sight. *_*
      And for the first two months I had him I was just completely mesmerized by his gorgeous face.. And now it's just gone. I barely spend any time with him, and now I'm even looking around for a buyer. I guess I'm just one of those people who will work hard for something, and once they have they move on... I'm hoping his next owner will give him the love he deserves. =)

2. This happens to me far too often! *_*

3. I love my TwingKey but lately there's been a 'blah' moment with her, I think the problem is that I've been a little preoccupied to sew any new outfits for her. That and no money plays a huge factor but my birthday and Xmas is comming up and I've asked for money XD

4. Don't own a doll yet but i agree, this even happens to me. You see a doll, go homg want it for my first, and then you suddenly just...lose that spark. Yoo noticed the things love at first sight blinded you of at first glance. You come down from the high and you're glad you kept shopping around. This happened to me with AS's fashion pink Cinderella, I loved her faceup but the more I looked the less like it seemed what I really wanted.

5. I have often wondered what it is about those dolls that first enchanted me, but could never pull me over to the dark-side of BJD ownership, what turned me off them? I'm many dollies deep into the hobby now, yet when I look upon those dolls I first loved but didn't buy and while I still admire them....

...something CONTINUES to hold me back. I've had my finger hovering over the *buy* button more times than I can remember and it's like an invisible force stays my actions. There are dolls on and off my wishlist regularly ~ to the point that I consider it a *contemplate the possitbility* list rather than something I actively am saving for.

Those dolls I have coveted hard in the past....when I'd finally found owner pictures they either confirmed for me that I wanted them or they make me wipe the name from my wishlist so fast my pc get's whiplash. The flipside is that I've also seen dolls that I distain in site photos but owner pics have sold me on their worth.

Of all the dolls that have come home to me so far...none have disappointed. Several have been kneejerk purchases within a week of seeing them ~ but all have been greenlighted only after I've sought out owner pictures of sculpts and that is probably what has saved me from the feelings of blah so far.

6. Ok. So I wrote earlier that I can usually afford the dolls I fall in love with......Not anymore. I have become infatuated with dollshe Bernard. I need him. It's bad. But hes a bit much. I don't have enough money for him but I really really want him. Badly. And I can't afford him. >.< Ill get there

7. Even though I dont fully have my doll yet, I have been looking around different sites and stuff for a long time. I had seen a doll, I cant seem to remember where, and thought he was absolutely the doll for me. Well after I had seen more pictures and fallen more in love, I had revisited D.O.D and lost my interest in him upon finding my dear doll there.

Now this doll that I just found now, I wasnt all to found of her until seeing here again. I fell for her the more I saved and looked at her pictures and now I cant seem to get out of her cute little spell! There is no reason to feel bad about it, its the way it works. And just imagine if you did get him and didnt love him to full extent, Im sure he wouldn't be all to happy! Its better to just let him go to a home where they like him. XD I know, I sound crazy.

8. Basically when I fall in love with a doll, he/she is here to stay. But I have had a few disappointments & grown tired of some. Usually those were ones that I bought on impulse though. Then I rehome them & go on to something else. I've become a lot more picky about dolls lately though & someone has to really make my heart beat fast for quite a while before I buy them.

More commonly for me is that a doll attracts me, I buy it, then fall more & more in love with it the longer I have it. Like my Faelyn (Dollmore Lillis Liv.) She was an impulse buy that was a great price but once she got here & I changed her eyes & wig, I couldn't imagine her leaving. She's just so sad looking that it seems like I'd break her heart if I ever parted with her.

9. I fell in love with the Suntan Momo and Suntan Pado(s) on the Dollmore site, but lately, I've found that they're just not as cute as I first thought. I love my Suntan Asha to PIECES and wouldn't give her up for the world, but there's just something about the other Suntans that isn't clicking right now.

10. I fell in love with many dolls and looked and looked at them but somehow looking at owners pics made me change my mind. Somehow I get a bit angry at the companies because of the faceups in the their pictures and owners pics.......not fair!

11. That was like me with DOD DOT Camine. I loved him for the longest time. Then, one day my friend was like "He has pouty lips" and made this really ugly imatation. Then, I kept looking at the pictures and that all I saw (no awefence to anyone, now its been a year and I actually think his lips are complimentary)...It made me just not want him anymore..(2 months later I ordered my B&G Sky)

12. KDF ttori.. =[ for the longest time i loved him.. but then over time i relized his lips were just something i did not like.. =/

13. The first doll I wanted was a KDF but after saving up for him I got unmotivated >3< and then this year I decided to get one and BlueFairy Louis caught my eye~ :D

14. oh and MNF seorin. Loved him when he came out.. not so much after seeing owner pics.. =[

15. This happened to me when I was searching for my first doll. At first I was set on the Angel of Dream doll Sarah when I saw her on Ebay. I just thought she was gorgeous and pined over her for a couple weeks. Then I began to search for other pics of her, and when I found them, my reaction was a kind of "ugh, she looks kinda mean" (a beautiful doll, but that wasnt the look I was going for). I was glad I realized I wouldnt like her before I bought her!

Then I decided on Roa from AOD and I had a set style for her. I wanted her to be completely punk. I got the clothes for her and a cute short wig, then I was like "eh, its okay, but I dont know." I still love the doll, but now Ive changed her style and I think it suits her better.

Soo yeah it's normal to kinda change your mind about the dolls. Just make sure you do your research on them before you make the commitment to buy, and I personally think its a good idea to choose a doll that you truly love for the face and could envision with several different styles and looks, just in case you ever get that "eh" feeling!

16. Ahh I am so glad I'm not alone on this! I've taken to keeping word documents on all the dolls that instantly grab my attention (I have a lot of .doc files xD). Then I find out as much as I can about them while I'm saving up. But sometimes during the (seemingly endless) wait, I just loose interest. The first one was with a Kid Delf Ani (boy) I loved his huuge eyes, but after a while... I dunno, I just lost the 'spark', I mean I still like him, but I don't think he's the right doll for me any more :sweat
      And then there was Twin-B... I even had his picture as my desktop wallpaper for AGES, but after lusting after him for so long I just lost the feeling. I still might get him in the future, but the roaring MUST-HAVE lust has now faded into a quiet appreciation. I think it's normal to be a little unsure about these things (and change your mind a few times) because it's a lot of money to spend, you want to make sure that you are really going to LOVE the doll you get.:)

17. i think this happens to everyone at least once. This happened to me for, like, 20 dolls? Everytime i get an instant crush, after less than 2 days i can't feel absolutely anything anymore... So boring.

18. Soul Doll Chiron Human Ver...when i saw him i was absolutely in love with him but after a while...he creeped me out o.o ...oh well XD

19. Lati Rucas, for me. I still think he's gorgeous, but I just can't figure out what I'd DO with him. I think he'd just end up sitting here looking nice on a shelf, or something. He's still on my "maybe someday" list, but a LOT of other dolls have pushed in front of him.

I'm trying to be careful to only buy dolls who are 1) on my wishlist and 2) have a character already. I seem to have more dolls that grow on me over time than that I fall out of love with, though. I think because I'm pretty picky.

20. Ya this happened to me with my first doll, a DIM Silf. Her and Snug where my first two dolls, and compared to my Puki I just couldn't do anything with her. At first I loved her but I found myself taking 100000's of pictures of Snug and like 3 of her, so she had to go... but I was able to trade her for Moth =D so it worked out.

The same thing is happening with my BBB March. She is so pretty and I looove her lilac skin but now with my LTF and Moth having a double-jointed body, her posing is just hard to deal with. I'm also finding myself not seeing her fitting in with my family anymore and when I sit her next to Moth, Moth just looks really uncomfortable (well.. that happens when any doll besides Bean and Snug are set beside her...) So I'm letting my sister have her for a while, and if that doesn't work out she is going to the MP.