1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Love at first sight turning into feelings of blah

Nov 7, 2008

1. I look at dolls and I'll think OMG! I want that! But then after awhile I'll forget I even looked at it. LOL! So that is my benchmark for wanting. If it sticks in my mind for a long time I know I really want it vs. just wanting something new right now :)

2. I always see dolls I need, want, must have. I used to get so excited, and would start to save for it, then I would look at the picture again a month later and be all....Uhhh. What was I thinking?
      It will still be a nice doll, but it's not a must have.

Now, I always look in the databases and galleries before I get too excited.

But being "blah" is better than rushing into buying it and not liking at all when you get it. >.<

3. I've had this happen with dolls that I've seen on different sites and then with the user pictures, but then I own them and I fall out of love with them. I'm currently having this problem with Abadon. I saw him forever and loved him, but now that I have him, I'm not so sure. I've done this with several heads. Elf Moon (Juri), Lu-wen, Shiwoo, among others. Sooo...

I totally understand how you feel.

4. For a while I really wanted a Kiddelf Aru and a DIM Flora. I still like these two, but now I see Aru as being sort of generic-looking, and I didn't like any Flora ownerpics. *shrug* It happens.

On the other hand, I had no interest whatsoever in DOD Petsha when I first saw her... Now I want her to be my next doll! :)

5. One of the first BJDs I fell in love with was the Limwha Mano Elf. I saw the pictures on the site and thought he was just gorgeous. Now, lots of owner pics later, I'm not so sure anymore-his lower lip looks really lopsided to me. But I still have moments when I really like him. My current wish list contains dolls that fit characters I have in my mind, and one or two that I simply covet. I waffle about Soom Deneb-I think her face is gorgeous, but I just don't care for that attentuated Mecha Angel body. The list keeps changing and evolving as my tastes do.

On the other hand, I wasn't all that enthralled with my one current doll, my BBB Sprite when I first got her. I'd waffled between the Sprite and Mei and basically got the Sprite because she was in stock. But after I redid her face-up, carved her ankle and wrist joints back so she could flex there a little better, sueded her and strung her with much thicker elastic (she can stand on one foot now with a bit of fiddling), we had totally bonded. I will undoubtedly get other dolls, but Fauna is special. So sometimes it works the other way as well.

6. For me, if was the new B&G Freya 2. I had a type1 Freya for over a year and I saw the new Freya and thought that I had to have her! I had considered just upgrading, but then I thought they could be sisters. I even got the new Freya, but then was very disappointed by the face. the new resin, the body, it was all great! but the face was not what I had hoped. I was very let down. she is growing on me, and I am about to start modding her to look more like the original Freya, but the whole 'love at first sight' thing did definiely turn into a 'blah' for me. Maybe I will be very happy with her once she is modded and has a faceup, but for now, I am very 'blah' about her.

7. Yeah, been there. Many, many times with many many dolls. :sweat

Now, I try giving it some time after I go "WANT!" towards a certain doll. Who knows, the feelings of wanting it may not last. (And it doesn't help that I easily fall out of love... :doh)

8. Lati Aida; the first pictures of him, and his promo pics - just made me stop breathing, I wanted him so much! I finally managed to snag his head, and he was simply gorgeous, but he was just so small. He could wear MSD wigs, and this just completely turned me off from him. I could never find a body I liked, and I eventually just lost all love for him. It was rather sad.

When I first entered the doll hobby, I was simply enraptured by DoD sculpts, and Lishe was actually the first doll that made my heart beat, but now - I could never imagine myself owning either. Tastes mature and change, especially as we become aware of the vast variety of sculpts there actually are.

9. This happened to me with El, Chiwoo and Shiwoo, actually. XD I'd wanted all three really badly for a long time, but eventually I got bored of looking at them. It was like everyone had them (especially El). I still like them, and I love seeing what people do with the molds, but I don't have any plans to get them anymore~

10. It's happened to me quite a few times, unfortunately it did happen with a doll that I purchased, dollzone Mowen. I love his face, it's very versatile. His eyes are so unique, almost cat-shaped. And his jawline is very angular giving that asian aesthetic overall appearance.

I spent weeks on end looking at possible dolls as a boyfriend for my dollzone demi. I looked at company photos, the owner photos on the company websites, and of course here on DOA.

However, I've owned him now for about 2 years and I'm finding I don't care for him as much as I thought. It's nothing wrong with him, he's beautiful and probably the most popular dollzone sculpt overall... I just found that I don't really care for male dolls.

I've also had it happen while looking at dolls before buying. I was totally in love with dollzone nina before buying Demi. It came down to nina or demi in the end. The more I looked at nina, the more... plastic-y she looked to me (no offense to those that love/own her just my opinion). What I mean by that is that she seemed "stiff" doll-like... Well they are dolls, but she just seemed so expressionless to me, that I lost interest in her. I'm glad that I did not purchase her now because Demi is perfect for me :).

I also wanted dollmore modell doll ipsae for a long long time. However, now when I look at her, I think her face is too narrow and she is too thin looking and so on. I orginally liked her because of her happy expression, and originally did not like modell doll lisa rubik because she looked so terribly sad. But now I definitely lust after lisa rubik **far** more than ipsae. Just goes to show feelings can change over time. (I doubt I'll ever own one, price being one factor, my preference for MSD being another. but I really love her sculpt now)

11. Minifee Ruth...he's sweet and all, but honestly after captivating me at first glance with his smile....I kind of re-considered, since after looking at him for minutes on end made hm look more&more eerie like that...frozen smile....^^;

Dollmore Ipsae as well, she did seem delicate at first, but then again, she looks so "lost" after staring at her for a while. At least in the presentation pics xD;

12. Happens all the time to me T_T Ive changed my mind at least 30 times in the past 6 months XD

I remember the first time It happened. I wanted a DZ Mo so badly but ended up falling in love with, and buying a AR Ren.

At first I regretted my decision but after I got my boy decent cloths I fell in love all over again. No doll could be as awesome as Faust <3 lol.

I figured I would get the Mo next but after looking at more photos I realized ... that I hated him XD

13. I had wanted a dollmore asha forever. I finally got a normal and a dopple and i did for a time find them to be so cute but as time went on I got the blah for them. One of them was a girl doll and i tried many time to bond with her but I just have trouble with girl dolls.

I have been looking at some of the othe DOD boys beside lahoo and I find them so cute but I worry if i even got one I would get the blah with them

14. Usually when I fall in love with the store's pictures of the doll that feeling doesn't change. It's when I start looking at owner's pictures that I get either a real feel for the doll or "feelings of blah."

15. This has happened to me a lot, with most of the Luts dolls and Volks dolls xD That's why my wishlist changes just about every week! But there is one doll that's held my attention for the longest of any doll so far (besides for the one I own :'D), and that's Crobidoll Thor~ Unless my fancies change, he'll the one I'm getting next!

16. Oh yes, this happens to me a lot, particularly with LUTS dolls for some reason, I go OMG PRETTY and then after a bit of gawping find them all very similar and generic in appearence :sweat.
      I have this problem with both my LUTS boys now, I just don't go 'wow' when I look at them anymore although one was an impulse buy. My Lu-Wen was one that I wanted for ages and now, whilst I think he's sweet looking, he's...blah. Will probably sell them at this rate, it's very sad :(

17. I had this happen with Senior Delf Eveline.....Her company photos are gorgeous, but when I saw someone's box opening for her....all I could think of was how basic and unappealing she was.
      I'm really glad that I saw "real" photos of her before I went to buy her. I would have been unhappy and probably would have sold her immediately.

18. it happens. it's worse if it starts happening after you've brought the doll, trought.

19. After I excitedly unwrapped my Dollfie Dream II body, I could have cried. The vinyl felt so odd after handling resin, the colour didn't match the NS resin head the body was for and virtually ten minutes after wearing a black bra, there were blue-black smudges over her poor vinyl bazongas, so if I wanted to sell her I'd have to explain that yes, this body is actually brand new, I was just a numpty and forgot that black clothes have a grudge against vinyl skin :( The body poses wonderfully, but it is so stylistically different from my resin dolls I'm taking some time to get used to it.

It's also the tallest and chunkiest body in the house, when I thought it was going to be fairly petite! I'd only ever seen DDII hybrids in the company of boy dolls or at least dolls proportionately bigger, so that gave me the impression it was going to be smaller than it was. I loved the body on the Volks site and I was convinced that this was the perfect route to go down to get my floating head the right body, but at the moment I'm not entirely convinced. However, I am going to move forward with my character plans and see whether working on putting the character together will help me bond with the body :)

20. I'm like that all the time :giggles: It's like having a crush- it usually passes. However, if you're really in love- it sticks. But falling in love is much, much rarer than having a crush. I'm only buying the ones I fall in love with, but that doesn't mean that I don't have a lot of crushes though ;)