1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Love at first sight?

Jun 13, 2014

1. I fell in love with my first doll so fast! He's a ringdoll Norman Light 2.0 and I just love the sculp of his face.

2. Sure have! With two of my dolls they're both not so secretly my favourites. The first was the OR-Doll/Nyx Limos head, he was just so beautiful he took my breath away. I adored him~ :aheartbea He's my favourite doll to take photos of.

The other, of course, was Iplehouse's Scarlet in the light brown skin. I fell in love with her instantly~ Everything about her face was just so perfect. I was so excited I couldn't stop looking at her~ Even after they changed the sculpt of her face a little I still loved her. Maybe even loved her more~ :aheartbea I could ramble forever abut how much I love her. I'm so happy to have her!

3. I was browsing different companies within budget last fall, and as soon as I saw RS Bei's adorable face I knew I found my first doll.

When I first heard about this hobby years ago, I remember not being sure what it was but looking at different places then too. I had forgotten the name of the company and doll til recently, but I rediscovered it from a thread; I had looked at Doll In Mind's Flowne and remembered that I was like "Wow she's beautiful!". For awhile I thought I had made up the sculpt in my head because I couldn't find it. :lol: If I ever decide to get a MSD in the future, I'll have to definitely keep that an option.

4. Oh, gosh. I remember the first time I saw my Holy Grail doll-- I was fortunate enough to see her in person! I spent the next 5-6 years thinking about her & as of right now, she is my lone doll.

5. Yes, there were four times I experienced doll-love at first sight: Volks Kun, Leekeworld Mihael, Domadoll Cooki, and Dollmore Lusion Dahlia. I managed to acquire them all, too. :)

6. For me it was both-- I looked around at a lot of dolls before I bought my first, and I must have changed my mind about him at least a dozen times, but the first time I saw Luts' Kid Delf An, I was completely and utterly sold, and he became my first boy. I just adored him and I couldn't stop thinking about his sweet little face, and I felt less and less like looking at other sculpts.

With my second and third, I looked around a bit before deciding, but it wasn't as extreme in either direction-- I already knew which company I wanted to go to based on my sister's experience with them and the fact that I wanted a mature mini as one of them, and while it wasn't hard to make my choices, it didn't have that same 'bolt from the blue' feeling as finding An did for Vince.

Right now, my problem is that there are too many 'perfect' dolls, so the problem isn't finding which doll is right for what character I have in mind, but actually sticking to a decision on which character I most need to bring home when I have the cash saved up in the 'doll fund'... but maybe by the time I get there, I'll be hit with whatever feeling I need to make that final decision.

7. My first doll wasn't love at first sight. At that time I didn't know that much companies and I just settled for a doll that I liked and was affordable for me. That was a great mistake and I won't ever repeat it, I ended selling that doll.
      My second, third and fourth were all love at first sight, and I have them with me and love them to bits.
      In fact, the last one that came home, a little Yo-SD girl, was bought at first sight because I was going to buy certain doll of a company to be one of my characters in a pre-order but that company suddenly made available 4 new sculpts in that pre-order and I fell instantly in love and I had to buy her forgetting about the doll that I had though to order for that character. She is my favorite now (shhh... don't tell the others xD)

8. My first (the head currently in my avatar) I found myself weirdly attracted to. I just keep going back to her. But she did not have a female body option, so I tried to forget her. Then I realized when I was searching through female sculpts I was just trying to find similar faces. So I got her. I'll get a body someday.

9. i do always.. but they are usually "limited" :...(

10. I fall in love with dolls all the time. Sometimes I allow myself to act on the love and buy the doll while other times I tell myself to take a step back. If I still love the same doll after some time, then I will allow myself to buy it. So far I truly love every single one of my own dolls, alongside many many others. It is hard not to fall in love with almost all the dolls out there

11. I don't know which was the first doll I felt in love, but I remember it was a custom of hyde from l'arc en ciel. The owner posted a lot of his pictures and I really wanted one for me.

12. I have seen GOD's Sofier and fell in love immediately!

13. There was one doll I first saw almost a year ago, and he was the one reason really plunged me into BJD hobbies lol. I got two of them, and despite them having differently styled face-ups/clothing, they are still my favorite now. I guess love at first sight is real

14. My first two favorites are still my favorites, from first seeing them and wishing for them to finally owning them. I've liked other dolls too but these two I knew from the first moment I saw them that I'd always love them. They really took my breath away and I still feel kind of dazed sometimes when I look at them.

15. It happened several times :aheartbea

The first was with SDM Mako, by Volks. I saw an adorable picture of her on Flickr one day, and completely melted (*´▽`*) I checked Yahoo Auctions by curiosity, just to see her usual price range on the secondhand market ; I guess I happened to be at the right place at the right time, as she was listed there for a very reasonnable price, with a full Volks outfit offered as a gift. Her character idea came to me overnight, and I had bid on & won the auction the day after (´艸`*)

The second time happened really recently, again with another Volks model. It was a One-off of the F-62 head. As soon as I saw her, I knew she would be perfect for a character of mine ! Unfortunately, I was not able to attend the Dolpa she was put for lottery at, but I definitly plan to try and obtain her through FCS in the future.

16. Yes, I fell in love at once. And yes, I wavered forever!

I loved Iplehouse's Doria the moment I saw her. The red-haired version tempted me far too much.

For years I thought about her. I kept sneaking to her website to admire her. I hope poor Doria didn't mind having a creepy stalker! Last December I finally decided that if I'd liked her so much for so long, I wouldn't regret buying her. She's getting her faceup now and should be shipped soon (I hope).

17. With my souldoll lev yes. When companies were doing their monthly fantasy dolls, I had to quit the gawking because then all of them would be on the wishlist. So instead of going to their websites, I started looking at owned dolls (which made it worse!) Cause company photos hide the pretty sculpt with alot of face and photoshop and I need to see different faceups so i can determine if the sculpt is versatile. Then I found a cute Souldoll lev, found others with different cute/cool looks and couldn't help myself but add him to the list! Still love him!

18. volks sd13 okita souji...I fell in love with him before knowing its bjd 7 years ago:)

19. My first full resin doll, Rune; I knew he was the one when I saw him. I was planning on buying another doll, but when I saw him online I felt that pitter patter in my heart. I waited some days so I had new fresh eyes to look at the images. I still got the high and in love feeling when I saw him again and purchased him. I know the feelings immediately, but I am one of those people that second guesses myself (even when I know the answer).

20. Ooh this is fun.:whee: (this has become long. Lol.)

Mine is actually love at second sight.:lol: I saw Keith's profile picture (the one you see as you scroll down looking for that perfect sculpt) and when I saw him I literally thought: "Ew, he looks ugly. I'm never going to buy that." But then I keep on coming back on the M-line of Crobi because that's the only sculpt available, along with other R-lines and etc. This was back when I was still researching for the doll I really want as my first. I was having a hard time to find the one.:lol:LOL

So I accidentally clicked his page and I remember it being the doll "I'll never buy", and I just kept on scrolling down until I (surprise!) found a better company photo from him. I was so shocked and thought - why wasn't this pretty picture his profile photo? I thought people would definitely buy him more if they use the Christmas photo Keith has as the main one.

Then it just clicked and I started to ruminate if I really wanted Keith when there are so many dolls to choose from, not only from Crobi. After 1 and a half month I still wanted him despite looking at other dolls so I bought him (despite the limited dolls available at the time) and I never regret buying him.:XD: :love