1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Love at first sight?

Jun 13, 2014

1. Um...I guess I could say this has happened a few times. I'm dealing with a new case of this actually :XD:

Loongsoul Pharaur: I planned on ordering a Loongsoul 68cm body, and had just planned for the body. But, when I caught sight of promo images of Pharaur on a sales page (Can't remember if it was Jeeryama's listing or on Alice's Collection), especially the face from certain angles, something just clicked inside my head. It was instant love.:D He was just....so perfect for something I'd envisioned but hadn't planned to do--but ended up doing anyways. And now..he's fully become who I wanted him to be:kitty2

King Corey: While most people are drawn to the Bernards, Saints, Venitus and whatnot on Dollshe's site, King drew me in. I knew I couldn't let this boy slip away from me; it ate me up inside even conceiving of the thought.

And, most recently...IoS Bel Canto: Damn, this one's especially weird for me right now, and a bit ironic I might add. You see...I felt the same way about the Resinsoul Long sculpt back when I first came across him, but---lately...I've been debating if he's the best match for my main boy. For the most part, he is, but...there's been one thing bugging me about the sculpt as of late. His chin. It's been bothering me. I've been casually browsing through some shops in hopes of a replacement. I was stuck on the criteria of the sculpt needing to have elf ears. I hate the idea having to add them. But...then I can across Bel Canto.

Oh, Bel Canto--that face just screams Adam Lambert. I mean--the photos on the website even have him shown in a wig styled and colored similarly to some photos I've seen of Adam. My OC, Tahmos, draws a lot of physical influence from Adam Lambert. And, the funny thing is...something kept urging me to find their site. It was like there was something specific on Illusion of Spirit's site I needed to find. I guess this was the reason.

Damn, it'd mean getting out the epoxy and doing some sculpting. I'm not completely unfamiliar with the material. I just wasn't looking forward to the extra work. But, in this case---it will be worth it:D

2. I fell in love with Iplehouse Rexy and Luts Delf Arwen, as soon as I saw them. Now I have them both, and they are my favorites. Especially Rexy, she has the most beautiful face I've seen on a doll so far. She is Special real skin, type C faceup.

3. All three of mine where ones I just had to have the moment I saw them! I knew I wanted them and lucky all three was right when I had saved up enough money to get a doll! :) I don't want too many dolls... so I think I'll wait to get another until that happens again, even if I have the money before that. I want to be sure.

4. Just the other day I ordered LoongSoul's Lan and her full set. I wanted her so bad so I'm glad I was able to snag her as soon as I did. She's beautiful, and I am beyond stoked for her arrival!
      I also loved LOVED my Dikadoll Yolanda as soon as I saw her. I bought her secondhand from someone on tumblr, and the owner did such a nice job with her faceup, and had with her a beautiful wig and outfit

5. My first tan skin doll. I just did not expect him to be so beautiful. *_*

6. I've fallen in love at first sight, but I've also fallen out of love with some of those same dolls. Because of that, I don't trust myself too much when I fall in love with something. I don't have a lot of money to spare so I want to be very careful about buying based on that immediate love. Although, my first BJD was bought out of immediate love, and I still don't regret buying her.

7. Yes!! I saw the promo photos of Bambicrony's tan Emily and she was so perfect. Her little upturned nose, her beautiful brown skin, her round baby face...just the cutest. I have four now. XD

8. I searched over the internet about 6 months before I made decision to order my first doll. Some dolls were already out of stock and some dolls were too expensive for me. Then with a little help by my friend who also have a lot of BJDs, I found my first doll and love him at first sight.

9. Haha I'm really bad and fall in love with so many dolls. It's really a problem >.> But with my first one I had been looking for months and as soon as I seen him I knew he had to be mine <3 Still have him and don't regret it at all.

10. This is me looking at you, Dollshe Aramis. He had the gentlest smile I'd ever seen on a bjd and after hunting down some unboxings and discovering that wasn't just an illusion provided by the face-up, I was seriously hooked.

Most of my other dolls were also acquired like this. They really don't "grow" on me, at least in part because they're so expensive I don't generally keep retracing my steps going, "eh, he's not bad, maybe I should..."

11. My love at first sight doll is Doll Chateau's Lillian! It's everything I would ever want all mixed into one. She's me one grail doll that I probably won't be getting anytime soon lol

12. The doll I loved at first sight was Enaibi's Briséis.. She's tiny, has beautiful curves and such a sweet face ><
      On the other hand I was at first not interested at all in minifees (too bland for my taste) and in the end most of the molds grew on me haha ! I guess you just never know ^^

13. Some are LAFS...like Ashanti. Saw one a friend had, and then I was on a mission. Other Iple gals have been the same, and then others grew on me.

14. [​IMG]

I didn't know what I would do with a Doll Leaves Noir, but I had to save for one. He ended up being my third doll. Every time I see a Noir online, I'm reminded of how much I like this sculpt.

[​IMG]

In the beginning I disliked Volks. Their sculpts seemed bland to me. I couldn't understand why they were popular, outside of seniority. Then I found Miisha. She was a pipe dream for a long time, but I was finally able to snag her last summer. And with long elf ears too.

[​IMG]

Give me the weird faces. They're not for everyone. The only Miracledoll Asael owner photos I've seen are sales-related. Except for Sol here.

[​IMG]

The third eye was grand. But the smirk sealed it. I'd never seen Latidoll Chaim before Andarton posted his sales thread. Fastest trade I've ever made.

[​IMG]

I'm saddened Marcelina gets forgotten when DIM's other vampires are so popular. She has such a great mouth, and a cute nose to boot.

[​IMG]

Feeple Ashley has the strangest proportions. But that's what makes her appealing to me. She's cartoonish, but more in an American way than straight up anime like Dollfie girls. Not to mention the Feeple70 is stunning.

[​IMG]

More cartoon proportions. Twigling's Eloy is highly unique. You either love it or you don't.

[​IMG]

There aren't enough good tan BJDs. More companies are offering them, but finding one with the right features is a challenge. Soom Sard is everything I want in one sculpt. And s/he looks good in tan.

[​IMG]

Gonna end on this guy. Extreme expressions can be hit or miss. Something about Unidoll Ark's works for me. I like his Aquillian nose and aged features. The webbed ears are a clever twist too. I spent so many hours studying him, that when I finally acquired him, it was like unpacking a doll I'd already owned.

15. yes, i fell in love with littlefee ante from fairyland

16. When I saw Vito by Iplehouse on their auction list. I knew instantly that he was meant to come home me and he did!

17. Oh definitely. Migidoll Jina, Oasisdoll Natalie, and Iplehouse Felix and Edan hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm actually about to own 3/4 of them, so it's a long-lasting love. :P

18. My love at first sight doll is Venitu 5Motiff. He's stunning. My heart beats faster for IoS Anima too.

19. Yes, I just bought a doll today that I absolutely fell in love with. I had no intention of buying any dolls for awhile, but was "just looking" at them on a website and saw this one and had to have her. Another time, at a bjd convention, I saw a doll there that called to me. I went back and looked at her about 5 time before I bought her. She's actually the one in my avatar picture.

20. Fifth Motif GooHwa :love

I'd seen the sculpt on Flickr and IG but didn't want to look into what he was too much as I was supposed to be on a dolly buying ban! After thinking about him for a few months I ended up hunting one down and snapped him up quickly!

I only have his head at present. I've ordered a Dollshe 18M Mystic Pose body which I'm hoping will work (with minimal modding) as a hybrid, seeing as the timeless body is so difficult to obtain.

#420 beatnik, Mar 28, 2017
      Last edited: May 19, 2017