1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Love at first sight?

Jun 13, 2014

1. The doll that got me into the hobby was Soom Aslan. It was definitely love at first sight. Lol, it may seem like I'm joking, but when I saw him I really did gasp and think, "Oh my god. I've never seen anything like that!"

I don't have him yet, because he was waaaaaaaay out of my price range when he was released, but I'm going to have him one day. I thought I had a line on him secondhand, but it turned out to be a scam. Sad, but it only strengthened my resolve to find him.

2. I think I'm perhaps more of the "lust at first sight" person...I had crushes on heaps of dolls that I thought I'd sell my kidneys for but didn't and now I look at them and go "meh"...is that normal?

3. I've loved a lot of dolls, but typically I don't fall for them at first sight in a "I've got to buy it right now, now, now!!" kind of a way.
      The exception is Volks Isao Nanjou, my grail and the doll who got me into the hobby. I've loved him since about 2005, and I finally found and bought him today:).

4. Well... I dunno if it counts. I had a novel character for years that I struggled with visualizing. Like, I just couldn't pin her down as anything - drawing, real person, doll sculpt. I tried a number of dolls and sculpts and sold them all because they weren't right. I couldn't see who she was, but I could see that she wasn't that.

And then one day I came back to browse DoA and completely by accident saw a doll in the new doll profiles section (on the front page) and I was like, OMG!!! It's her!! So I went and looked up the doll and the company and it turns out she was limited but still available for sale. The problem was at the time I considered myself to be out of the hobby, I had just sold my last remaining doll, so I kinda wondered and waffled for a while whether maybe I could just use the sculpt as a reference point and just draw her instead of buying the doll. I have also been burned literally every time I purchased a doll without thinking about it so I wasn't willing to take the plunge. But I kept thinking about it and she was still there on my birthday a few months later, so my boyfriend agreed to pay the layaway payment as a birthday gift. A few days later the doll's status changed to "sold out" on the website, so I guess I bought the last one.

5. My love was Iplehouse Arivd.... I now have multiples of him with more planed in the future. His face is so perfect.

6. Absolutely love at first sight, the Doll Chateau Alan (elf) doll. I literally can`t find one thing I don`t like about him and I must have him.

7. Soulkid Liddell. I saw Meike's Liddell (named Caro) and I was smitten. I absolutely had to have her. I think everything about that sculpt is perfection, even the little imperfections.

8. Love at first sight at least with dolls is totally real for me!

9. Oh yes, I remember the first time I saw a picture of the new Woodolls Pandollyne, because I was instantly head over heels for her. It was getting hit by lightning, I decided right then and there I would make it my goal to get her as soon as possible! I also love the Suzie sculpt, but if I had to choose, it'd be my adorable grail Pandollyne. Indeed, I saw her, and I knew :aheartbea

10. Many times ~ probably the first one was Volks KyoTenshi Shiratori, and I own her head but I have yet to get a body for her haha.
      Villitunes Mizuki is another doll I instantly knew I wanted to have, and one is on its way to me now... :aheartbea
      Other ones I don't have... Volks SDGr Yu Morisawa and Nono Winter Smile, SD-59 (Saki), SDM F-39 and F-48, and the Luts Yul Romance Satyr Moonlit Song fullset (which I think is the one I'm least likely to get, since I'd want him in a specific resin color and with his fullset, lol).

11. The two dolls I'm saving up for are pretty much love at first sight for me. Fairyland Feeble 65 Siean made me squeal in my seat because she was literally the face of one of my Ocs. The first and oldest one actually and I was thrilled to find her.

Doll chateau Carol, the second one on my list was less love as first sight and more along the lines of:nowords: 'what the heck did I just see? That's creepy.' Followed immediately by:aeyepop: 'Okay it's not so creepy. Actually it looks pretty cool. I'm going to look at it again.'

Unfortunately for me it looks like it was a limited doll. :...(

12. Well, I've just, shall we say, been introduced to the Myou Doll Arthur. What a cutie! Shame, kind of, that I've just put an order in for a MK Cris.

Maybe, I could make Arthur part of my 2018 doll plans...maybe...

13. this literally *just* happened to me and the reason I am posting here right now is because I searched to see if anyone else felt the same way about a doll haha! I just discovered BeYours dolls and I'm absolutely in love with Pansy *____*

14. Love this question. I totally fell for my Bory at first sight. It was ridiculous because when I first was browsing Luts' site I kept spotting banner ads for him and would be driven to distraction. I'm so happy I have him at last.

15. Love at first sight (sad) story here. I fell in love at first sight with a DM Hwayoung and had no idea he was sold out and hard to find... so I have been patiently waiting for my chances to grab him in the aftermarket. Other than that, all dolls that I own so far took me quite a few brain cells before I decided to buy, mainly because of the price tag XD I also take owner's photos into consideration because face-up can really transform a blank sculpt into what fits my aesthetics and what doesn't fit.

16. I fell in love with FL Chloe and Sircca as soon as I saw them.

17. Usually there are "temporary" attraction.. But we all know that we can wait for several days/weeks to overcome this (it will be hard for limited doll though)
      Sometimes I hate it when my love comes when I have no money *lol* it happen everytime :))

18. I saw a wig being sold on a Facebook group and I loveed how the head sculpt that modelled for the wig "talks" to me. I PMed the owner and asked for the head sculpt's name. It was Angell Studio Xiang Ling.

Originally, Iplehouse Jessica caught my fancy and that's how I learnt about BJD sometime ago, but didn't have the need to buy her.
      But this Xiang Ling, the attraction is real. Even more so when I googled for users' pictures. Versatile, innocent yet seductive. :love

19. For me, I instantly fell in love with DollZone Shuang Shuang (2012 event). I was ecstatic when I managed to get her. But another is the Little Monica Elena. I love her, and I'm currently trying to save for her.

20. I have two of these. One is Raccoondoll White Emma and the second is Iplehouse F.I.D Clause. I'm saving money for Emma and hoping that Iplehouse will one day sell my dreamdoll again. They'll make the perfect couple.